0 0%
  • 1 star - It was worse than A Shark Tale

1 4.00%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kung Fu Panda

• Banned User

Kung Fu Panda

Funniest animated movie......ever!

Seriously, Jack Black made this movie awesome. Plus, all of you anime geeks will probably love the opening montage. The animation is well done and the soundtrack is superb. SKADOOSH!

A++ for this flick.

• Minion

Re: Kung Fu Panda

can't wait for this one!!

Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
    Tassie, I found a quote for ya !

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."

Charles M. Schulz
    Originally Posted by MWalton
    Did the pages take that long to reach around to your part of the world?!?

• Infinitized!

Jack Black displaying his pregnancy:

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

Quote Originally Posted by draybook View Post
    A++ for this flick.
    Good to know, my daughters were bothering me to see this and I was like, pass. OK, if it's good maybe I'll take them.

Thanks for the info.
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

• Senior Minion

That's quite a claim.

Funnier than Toy Story? Shrek? The Emperor's New Groove? Hmmm....
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

• The Darkness to Light

I saw the film after a slow day shift at work (the night was heavy, though, but not as bad as what we had with Sex and the City where every show after 5 PM sold out before we opened last week).

It was a really nice surprise. Smart writing, well-balanced pacing, beautiful art direction. But what was really surprising was how much 2D animation there was. I'm definately seeing it again.
    WARNING: Any opinions expressed by this user are wrong.

• Hug a Billy

The Golden Horseshoe/Big Thunder Jamboree

I had seen the previews for this so many times and I was just OK, maybe. But it has been getting excellent reviews all around. Will probably go to a matinee middle of next week.

I absolutely love this movie. Seen it 3 times so far. Twice over 4 months ago. The finished product is even better. I actually want to see it for the fourth time.

• Circle of Ancients

Just got back ... I thought it was just okay, nothing spectacular. I didn't think it was very funny, had more of a "story" than I thought it would. Even the kids thought it would be funnier.

I mean, it's definitely better than Shark Tale or Madagascar (I still can't believe they are making a sequel of that) and it's probably better than Over the Hedge. I've still yet to be "wowed" by a Dreamworks animated movie that's not Shrek or Shrek 2.

Overall, it's probably the 3rd best Dreamworks animated movie after Shrek and Shrek 2. But I HATED A Shark Tale and Madagascar and just kinda liked Over the Hedge and Shrek 3, so that's probably not saying much.

The animation was very good however, the best I've seen from dreamworks. I just wish they would get out of the "how many big stars can we put in a movie" mold. Disney made that mistake with the last few 2D movies they had and it hurt them.

Overall, I'd give it probably 3 out of 5 stars. I really wanted to like it, I went in with VERY low expectations and it didn't even meet those.

• formerly PretzelSouls!

I took my little cousin to it (who is 4) and she enjoyed it. I didn't think it was anything special.
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

• Circle of Ancients

Oh, and it most definitely wasn't the "Funniest Animated Movie EVER". It probably had 2 big laughs and maybe 3 or 4 chuckles. That's about it.

I still think it goes to Shrek 1 and 2.

• Banned User

I don't.

• Disappearing/Reappearing

taking kiddo this week to see it.

• Faith, Trust & Pixie dust

Wow! That's quite a claim. I think though you are still basking in the mood of the movie after just seeing it. If you stop and think about it, you'll probably come up with funnier movies. But that't just my thoughts. You are of course entitled to your opinion, and I'm glad you liked the movie. It was funny.

We saw it for my kid's birthday and we all enjoyed it. My husband didn't want to see it for fear it would be like Barn Yard but was quite happy that it was nothing like it. I thought it was well animated and had a good story line to it and a good value system. Jack Black and Dustin Hoffman were great, but did they really need all those celebrities for the minor roles?

My son loves pandas, so he was just giddy the whole movie. We will be buying this on Blu-Ray whenever it comes out.

• Crazy Furry

Just got back from seeing it the second time (First time was a bit of a disaster with the theater being occupied by a big birthday party crowd and parents that had no idea of the concept of removing your kid from the theater when they're making a fuss.)

Anyways, in my opinion it is one of Dreamworks best. Funniest animated movie ever?...nope. To put things plain and simple, it's an action film with story...not a comedy. (That's something to keep in mind if you haven't seen it yet.)

Animation-wise, it certainly is the best to come from DW so far. There are a good amount of scenes that looked hard to animate, but it was certainly impressive from the studio. (Tai Lung's escape from prison and pretty much any of the fight scenes were top notch.)

As for the humor it does have, it's going to be a hit or miss. Most of the stuff with bring a good chuckle or two, while the biggest laugh will probably come from the joke in the acupuncture scene.

I am however happy to say it doesn't resort to the pop culture references that's plagued many of the past films. It's a nice little change that probably won't happen in Madagascar 2.

When it comes to the minor roles done by celebrities, I admit they don't need to have them done..but 1. Dreamworks is pretty much known for using celebrities and 2. at least the Studios wasn't pushing them like any shoddy animated film looking for a quick buck.

So overall, while WALL*E is probably going to dominate...at least this was a very enjoyable film and one of the best from DW and not another Shrek 3, Bee Movie etc.
    Disney and Universal fan for life!...Shocking ain't it?
    Seize the future with X-S! Not Stitch.
    I'm not crazy, now if you will excuse me I have tea time with the ghosts at Haunted Mansion.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast