• back to WDW in January

WDW Based Thriller "Kingdom Keepers" Sequel

For any of you Ridley Pearson fans, here is his latest Newsletter including info on the sequel to his Disney Park based thriller "Kingdom Keepers".

There are several things to report as we roll into summer. First is that the Steel Trapp tour went really well, and I want to thank everyone for coming out. The school events, in particular, were a lot of fun. There's a second Steel Trapp in the works, so get out there and read this one if you haven't!
    Kingdom Keepers II will appear at the end of August. Watch the Disney Channel starting in August for more information.
    Killer Weekend publishes in paperback in two weeks (end of June).
    Killer View with continuing characters from KILLER WEEKEND publishes in July (the 15th)I'm going out on book tour but only briefly, and to several new places. If you would like an autographed, personalized copy, contact Iconoclast Books in Ketchum, Idaho ([email protected]). But please do it quickly. I won't be around long to sign copies. (Busy travel coming up.)
    For those who might be interested, I'm planning some interesting travel in 2008. Please see: shanghai-family.blogspot.com for more information.
    SPECIAL NOTICE!!!: I will be interviewed (live video) this THURSDAY, JUNE 12th at 6PM eastern, 3PM Pacific, on www.twitlive.tv, as the interview is being recorded. If you miss it there, it will be available from the 28th of June via iTunes or at www.twit.tv. Check out the www.jumpingmonkeys.com website as well.
    It's going to be a busy summer. It has certainly started out that way. Hopefully the rain is over. In the midwest we all went out and bought snorkels.
    Ridley
    http://www.ridleypearson.com
    Here is a brief description of "Kingdom Keepers"

Using cutting-edge technology, five Florida teens have been transformed into Holographic Hosts at Disney World. Their images appear throughout the Magic Kingdom, giving visitors information about the various attractions. It all seems to be going well, until the participants begin having disturbing dreams that start affecting their everyday lives. They sneak in after the park has closed, and Wayne, a retired Imagineer, directs them in their fight against the Dark Side, embodied by Maleficent from Sleeping Beauty.

Re: WDW Based Thriller "Kingdom Keepers" Sequel

I know... I cant wait! Apparently its about Jezz disapearing (sp?) and mostly takes place in AK. I found the cover on Barnes and Noble.com and its of Finn riding down the tinkerbell flying wire and a fireball behind him. Sounds exciting!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Hopefully it doesn't have as many "artisitic licenses" as the first one. And wonder how VMK's closing affects the sequel.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Banned User

Why would VMK's closure effect it? Was it included in the first book?

• future rockstar/imagineer

Quote Originally Posted by stitchon View Post
    Why would VMK's closure effect it? Was it included in the first book?
    yeah vmk played a big part in the book because that was how all of the kids were able to talk to each other since they went to different schools

but anyway...im pretty excited about this book! i thought that the first one was pretty good and i hope that this one is as good or better!!

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
    Hopefully it doesn't have as many "artisitic licenses" as the first one. And wonder how VMK's closing affects the sequel.
    They will talk in club penguin

• For a new Gotham!

I LOVED the first one! I work at a library here in Florida, and since Kingdom Keepers is a Sunshine State Young Reader Award book for 2008-2009, it's circulating a lot. I get all giddy every time I see it!

I can't wait for the next one. The first one was so cute. The It's A Small World ride scene had me completely "Oh no he didn't!!"

I think I recall reading somewhere that Ridley held a book signing at the World for the release of the first book. I wonder if he'll be back for the release of this one. (If he is, I'm so there!)

• and too all a good fright

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo View Post

I was lucky enough to read a review copy and vmk is included. And fairly heavily.

I thought more artistic licenses were taken in the 2nd book than the first and had a few instances wher my suspension of disbelief just wouldn't take over.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by flotsam_mike View Post
    I was lucky enough to read a review copy and vmk is included. And fairly heavily.

I thought more artistic licenses were taken in the 2nd book than the first and had a few instances wher my suspension of disbelief just wouldn't take over.
    Sounds like might be one to skip for me. Thanks for the heads up!
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

I got Kingdom Keepers when I was at WDW last. I thought it was junk. Its one thing to take liberties but this was just outright aweful.