Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Pilot EdForceOne

Re: Disney to out-source Audio Animatronics - Orange County Register, 6/13/08

while the story was being spun that Disney couldn't keep up with demand so they had to outsource - yet they lay off people rather then retask them. That doesn't sound like 'we can't keep up with demand'. Sounds more like cost efficiencies to me!

This line says it all
    "Effective immediately, all simple, medium-complexity, and the majority of our complex Audio Animatronics figures will be produced using outside vendors with close oversight from our talent at MAPO, who will focus their efforts on prototyping, proof of concept, pre-visualization, engineering, vendor management, and quality assurance."

Kiss the manufacturing experience good bye at Disney and welcome the full time dependency on outside shops. Taking things from prototyping to production is a HUGE gap and requires specific experience and knowledge. With out it, reliability typically goes to crap. Disney is going to be totally Dependant on the outside shops to even make what they do 'in house' feasible in the future. Sad days - Sad days indeed.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• Banned User

Re: Disney to out-source Audio Animatronics - Orange County Register, 6/13/08

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostbuster626 View Post
    correct and the more complex AA's will still be manufactured at Disney such as Lucky the Dinosaur, Muppet Mobile Lab, Wall-E, the Yeti in Expedition Everest, and Roz.
    I'm not so sure about that, after flynnibus' pointing out of that particular quote in the news story, which specifically states that the majority of complex AA figures will be produced by outside vendors.

It's kinda like if auto bodies, chassis, and parts were made from a number of different outside shops, and then the manufacturer had an assembly plant, yet pretended to claim that it was still manufacturing cars. Uh, not quite.
    Last edited by Retrocool; 06-16-2008 at 12:56 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123