Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Troublemaker

Re: Tree Branch falls near people at Disneyland - Orange County Register, 6/26/08

Reminds me of the tree that toppled over in Frontierland a few years back that a) closed a lot of the land, b) canceled Fantasmic, c) was covered by at least six news helicopters and d) had all the Disney fan sites out in force trying to get past the CMs who were doing Guest Control.

Lesson learned -- do not let Jungle Cruise skippers do Guest Control when Mice-sites are around...

But, erg. So trees fall down. Anyone killed or hurt badly? Nope? Okay, break out the Bactine for the scratches and let's get on with the day.

• Circle of Ancients

Re: Tree Branch falls near people at Disneyland - Orange County Register, 6/26/08

Quote Originally Posted by Light Mouse View Post
    Is it that slow of a news day that the register has to cover a falling tree branch? I saw one, a 10 foot branch, blocking a lane on the road on my way home. Can I report that?

I love how in the article it goes from just a tree branch to saying a tree fell on people.
    You beat me to it. Must have been a VERY slow news day. Yet, here we are talking about it. Hmmm ...

• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries

This is an outrage!

I see no difference between terrorists and gravity!

How this warrants its own thread is beyond me.
    What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

• Oo-de-lally

I also herd that people were seen being pulled out from under the fallen branch.

• Circle of Ancients

Re: Large tree limb falls in NOS

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer View Post
    Does anyone read the News Section here at MC????
    No offense, but if I had heard about the story, news isn't where I would have looked first. A Branch falling at disneyland is hardly news.

• Incognito

Blog Entries

Does anybody else feel like doing a Nell impression right about now?

<raises his hands in the air "like he don't care" and waves them back and forth>

"like a taiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii in a wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnn...."

• Don't Panic

was the sidewalk damaged?

I'm sure this could be drawn out into a week long story about the decaying of a national treasure but ends with a touching re-paving and and dedication to the fallen (people or branch, that is) that leaves us feeling hopeful for the future of our beloved park.

is Katie Couric available?
    ------

------

It really isn't newsworthy, but my daughter was right there when it happened and it scared her quite a bit. The branch actually did fall on a few people (she snapped some pics on her phone) although they cleared the area so fast, she didn't know how seriously, if at all, anyone was hurt.

I'm just not sure why they don't just tell the whole truth. It's not like people would stop going to Disneyland because a branch fell off a tree.

Tracy

• Boy are we in luck!

Northern California... Not too far, but far enough! :(

It seems like people tend to blow things out of proportion when it happens at any place Disney. Yeah, one tree branch fell, so what? If somebody had been hurt that'd be a different story. Another example of this is when there was a bit of a brawl in the line for the teacups last year at WDW... I watched the criminal trial on TV this morning! Aimee Krause claimed that she suffered brain damage, had to get two knee surgeries, and is now permanately disabled. Pretty interesting trial, and there are rumors that she'll be suing Disney next. It's amazing how much publicity all trials involving Disney get!

The trial was covered on Tru TV this morning. Here is a link to the story:
    http://www.newsnet14.com/2008/04/08/...magic-kingdom/
    And, for those interested, here is the original thread:
    Woman Attacked at Teacup Ridehttp://micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66190&highlight=teacup+fight

"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."

--Walt Disney

Not that I really think this is such big news. Just curious if it was windy that day or did the branch just fall for no reason?

• Disney Secrets Master

Yikes!
    Putting the um in forum. Um...

But, uh, forgive me for sounding so mercenary here, it has *TOTALLY* IMPROVED THE BALCONY VIEW OF FANTASMIC FROM CLUB 33!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by vnormth View Post
    But, uh, forgive me for sounding so mercenary here, it has *TOTALLY* IMPROVED THE BALCONY VIEW OF FANTASMIC FROM CLUB 33!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was a conspiracy I tell you.

• Making my own Mousekteers

Quote Originally Posted by vnormth View Post

Thank you, thank you for giving us the silver lining to this horrible tragedy...

::laughing hysterically::

I raise my Kitties right.... they only watch the finest shows.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12