View Poll Results: Which PIXAR Movie is your favorite?(If you have not seen Wall.E please dont vote)

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Toy Story

5 11.63%
  • Toy Story 2

3 6.98%
  • A Bug's Life

0 0%
  • A Bug's Life 2

1 2.33%
  • Monsters Inc.

1 2.33%
  • Finding Nemo

6 13.95%
  • The Incredibles

7 16.28%
  • Cars

2 4.65%
  • Ratatoulie

6 13.95%
  • Wall.E

12 27.91%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• ~Mambo Italiano~

Your Order For "Your Favorite PIXAR Animations"

How this works is you will place your order for the PIXAR Animations (Movies Only, No Shorts!) and if you want you can vote for your favorite PIXAR animation in the poll.

Note: You do not need to add Wall.E if you havn't seen it and you can go back later to fix your order. So if you havn't seem Wall.E yet, still place your order.

SILVER'S ORDER!

1. Ratatoulie
    2. Monsters Inc.
    3. Finding Nemo
    4. Toy Story
    5. The Incredibles
    6. Cars
    7. A Bug's Life
    8. Toy Story 2
    9. N/A (I have not seen Wall.E yet)

What's Your Order?
    Last edited by SILVERMOUSE21; 06-27-2008 at 06:51 PM.

• Infinitized!

Re: Your Order For "Your Favorite PIXAR Animations"

Just to let you know, there is no A Bug's Life 2.

• ~Mambo Italiano~

Oh woops, that was supposed to be , I like them all the same, oh well do us all a favor and dont vote for that lol

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Cars
    The Incredibles
    Monsters Inc.
    Toy Story 2

and the rest just fall behind . So far those are the only four Pixar films I really enjoy, in the order I enjoy them in .

1. Wall-E
    2. Finding Nemo
    3. (tie)Toy Story
    3. (tie)Ratatouille
    5. The Incredibles
    6. Monsters inc.
    7. (tie)A Bug's Life
    7. (tie) Toy Story 2
    9. Cars

• Sock Puppet

Incredibles!

then (in order)
    Wall-E
    Toy Story 2
    Monster's Inc.
    Ratatouille
    Toy Story
    Finding Nemo
    Bugs Life
    Cars

• Seasick

Tough task. Props to Pixar: nine films in a row, and not a bad one in the bunch. Heck, even the "worst" Pixar film is still well beyond being classified as mediocre.

1. The Incredibles
    -I enjoy this Pixar movie the most for it's combination of action, humour, character, and story. Great musical score too. There's very little about this movie I question or dislike. Pure unabashed fun.

2. Toy Story
    -They nailed this, and ushered in the age of computer generated animated films. Ironically, it was the story and characters that made this movie so memorable, not the images (although they were amazing). Later Pixar films may have been better, but none will feel like this one did - incredibly fresh and exhilarating. The voice talent was great too, using big names only when big names were the best choice for the role. A practice Pixar has thankfully kept up.

3. Finding Nemo
    Great casting, great visuals, great characters, great story. Kind of nice, in a morbid way, to see a Pixar movie open in the Disney tradition - with parental death.

4. Ratatoulie
    -I don't love this movie like the majority seem to do, but it really grows on me with each passing viewing. Being one of only two Pixar films on Blu-Ray helps though. I really like the concept and the overall story, but I just can't quite accept the lack of realism. Specifically, early on an old lady destroys her home trying to kill a rat. It's just too far removed from reality. Also, the way Remi controls Linguini, I just don't quite buy into it, and so I never quite feel immersed in the film. I'm getting over it though.

5. Wall-E
    -This is sort of a placeholder spot, I really need to see the movie a few more times before I settle on a rankinge, but this is my initial instinct. Prior to the movie, I saw several previews for computer-animated cartoons. Wall-E begins and I don't think I'm watching a cartoon, I feel like Pixar has created a world. Just amazing. The first segment on Earth is just a joy to watch. Beautiful and funny. The fact that the "performances" in this movie use almost no dialogue is just amazing. Unfortunately, the middle segment, and to a lesser extent the ending segment, aren't quite as funny, aren't quite as original, and aren't quite as entertaining. When a movie goes downhill (and I use the term loosely, the entire movie is excellent) instead of uphill, it perhaps feels more disappointing than it should. The story played out in a somewhen inevitable fashion, and was therefore a bit predictable. Interestingly, the live-action performances did not feel inappropriate or out of place. The dance in space with the fire extinguisher was a highlight.

6. Toy Story 2
    -A sequal that builds upon and in many ways surpasses the original. The first one was so wonderful and memorable however, that I will always prefer it somewhat. Very funny. Excellent new characters and "When Somebody Loved Me" is a masterpiece, both musically and for its use in the film.

7. A Bug's Life
    -This movie kind of suffers because of the other bug movies out there (Antz & Bee Movie). Since they all have the same type of plot/main character (a lone bug desires to escape the conformist life of his hive and explore the bigger world), it feels a bit cliched now, even if it is the best of that group. One thing about this movie, is that aside from Heimlich, I don't find the characters all that memorable.

8. Monsters Inc.
    The Pixar movie that most feels like it's geared toward kids, and not all audiences. I didn't find the characters as compelling in such films as Toy Story. A very good movie nonetheless.

9. Cars
    -It's worth emphasizing that my least favorite Pixar movie, is still a movie I really like. Pixar's track record is unrivaled. This one felt like it was following a Pixar formula a bit too much. "Our Town" felt like "When Somebody Loved Me" redux. The buddy story had been done before (and better) in Toy Story. Mostly though, I just didn't appreciate the subject matter. Some of the best visuals in a Pixar movie, at least at that point.
    My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

• would love some pie

^I have to say that your inevitable comment on Wall-E applies to EVERY Pixar movie. There is the inevitable happy ending and the inevitable defeat of the antagonist in all of the movies on that list.

1. Wall-E
    2. Finding Nemo
    3. The Incredibles
    4. Ratatouille
    5. Toy Story
    6. (tie) Cars
    7. (tie) Monster's Inc
    8. (tie) A Bug's Life
    9. (tie) TOy Story 2

The ties are because I haven't seen them in a while.
    KABLAM!

• ~Mambo Italiano~

This is running nicely and once again I am sorry for my misteak on the poll. I really need to reread it before I post it

1. Wall-E - Loved it.
    2. Toy Story - A complete surprise when it was released, and very fun still today.
    3. Monsters Inc. - Very creative, and loved the characters.
    4. Bug's Life - A fun movie, if not a little predictable, and the first date my wife and I ever had, so it scores some brownie points for that.
    5. Toy Story 2 - I wasn't nearly as surprised by this movie as the first Toy Story, and while it was good I like(d) the first more for what it represented for the world of animation, and the second one didn't have that going for it.

6. - 76. - I figure these movies are going to be released by Pixar in my life time.

77. Ratatoulie - Far too predictable, I thought this would be a movie that I really liked but when I finally got around to seeing it, none of it surprised me or really entertained me. I liked the history of the world segment on the DVD a LOT more than the movie.

78. Finding Nemo - I didn't and I still don't understand what people liked in this movie. There are a couple moments of it that were entertaining, but not enough to make me want to watch the rest of the movie for it. The one redeeming thing that it has is my wife got a Nemo themed hat for it because it fit her well while at Disneyland, and she looks cute in it. So, without this movie the merchandising tie in wouldn't have been there, and she would be hat-less.

Unranked. The Incredibles - I don't understand what people liked in this. We rented it and threw a little party for people to come over and watch it with us, and after it was done none of our group liked it at all. In fact, everyone said they were tempted to suggest that we just turn it off about halfway through, but thought others might have been enjoying it. I can't even find one good thing to say about this one.

Unwatched. Cars - I haven't seen it yet, and every so often my wife and I talked about it, but since the previous three movies to it that we saw were Ratatoulie, Incredibles and Finding Nemo, we both figured we should save our money instead. Every so often, we think about renting it, and may do so at some point.

--

Note - I totally know and understand that some people like the movies that are in the dead last spots in my list above, and that's completely cool with me. The reason there are so many movies, of course, is that if we all liked the same sorts of things, we would only need one. So again, this is just my opinion and I am not trying to offend anyone who loved these movies.

Also, my wife and I have also found that we dislike non-Pixar animation on a scale much more than Pixar animation. Of the last 10 or so non-Pixar CGI animated flicks we have seen, only the Ice Age movies were really stand outs. The rest all seemed to be average at best, and at the same level as the Incredibles (to us) and beyond altogether too often.

• ~Mambo Italiano~

I am seeing Wall.E today and it seems as if you guys say PIXAR took a daring leap? And for some of you it was risky but turned out great and some say no? I love when a company goes risky but will it beat Ratatoulie for me? We will see

• Top Chef

1. Ratatouille
    2. Finding Nemo
    3. Monsters Inc.
    4. Wall●e
    5. Cars
    6. Bugs Life
    7. Toy Story
    8. The Incredibles
    9. Toy Story 2 ( Have not seen)

• Minion

It depends on my mood. I think Toy Story will always be my favorite though.

• Grumpy old man

1. Toy Story
    2. The Incredibles
    3. Cars
    4. Toy Story 2
    5. Finding Nemo
    6. A Bug's Life
    7. Monster's Inc

I haven't seen Ratatouille or Wall E yet. Though just from the previews and such, I can see Wall E being fairly high and Ratatouille being about where Bug's Life and Monster's Inc are.

Of the ones I've seen:

1. The Incredibles
    2. Monsters Inc.
    3. Finding Nemo
    4. Toy Story
    5. Toy Story 2
    6. A Bug's Life

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast