Thread: The Hobbit

The Hobbit

It has been five years since "Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King" ended the theatrical run of a beloved story brought to life on the silver screen. Now the "prequel" to those books has been announced to be made into a film. The Hobbit will be directed by Guillermo del Toro, who has directed highly successful Hollywood blockbusters such as "Hellboy" and its soon to be released sequel "Hellboy II: The Golden Army", and "Pans Labyrinth". It will be produced by Peter Jackson. The movie will be filmed in New Zealand, just like the Lord of the Rings trilogy, and will use some of the same locations, such as "Bag End". Ian McKellen will return to reprise his role as Gandalf the Grey, and Andy Serkis will play Gollum. Other actors in the LOTR trilogy are being asked to reprise their roles, such as Viggo Mortensen as Aragorn, and Ian Holm as Bilbo Baggins. The director is going to try to keep the continuity of the this new film to match the original trilogy, and is working closely with Richard Taylor from Weta Workshop, and conceptual artists John Howe, and Alan Lee, who all have worked on the LOTR trilogy. It may be made into one movie, or two separate ones. It will possibly be released 2011, and 2012 depending on the development of the movie. There was recently a chat on the announcement of the film, held by Weta and New Line cinema called "An Unexpected Party", which is the first chapter of "The Hobbit". It gave info on the development of the film, and the plans to release it.

"I hope that we never lose sight of one thing-that it was all started by a mouse." Walt Disney

Re: The Hobbit

Oops. Had I done a search for this topic beforehand, I would have found a few threads already. Feel free to delete this one, Moderators.

"I hope that we never lose sight of one thing-that it was all started by a mouse." Walt Disney