• back to WDW in January

Wall-E Soars To #1 With $62.5 million

Animation giant Pixar scored its ninth consecutive No. 1 on Sunday with its robot love story "WALL-E," while Angelina Jolie achieved a personal best with her violent assassination thriller "Wanted."
    "WALL-E," bolstered by near-unanimous critical praise, sold an estimated $62.5 million of tickets in its first three days, said Pixar's Walt Disney Co parent.
    It tied with 2001's "Monsters, Inc." to become Pixar's third-best opener. Pixar has gone to No. 1 with all nine of its movies, an unprecedented run that begin in 1995 with "Toy Story."
    The company record of $70.5 million was set in 2004 by "The Incredibles." Industry pundits had forecast an opening for "WALL-E" in the $50 million to $60 million range.

Source and Complete Article: http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080629/...m/boxoffice_dc

• DCA FTW!

Re: Wall-E Soars To #1 With $62.5 million

Wow that's great! Go Wall-e!! Thanks for the info.
    Everybody's got a laughin' place-
    trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it.

Finally!

A masterpiece that gets the reaction it deserves.

I'm getting ready to go see it with my team from the Disney Store in a few hours from now.

"I hope that we never lose sight of one thing-that it was all started by a mouse." Walt Disney

As always well done. However, my least favorite Pixar offering with the possible exception of Monster's, Inc. I kept watching the movie saying to myself "I've got to like it as it's Disney". I didn't like it. Sorry.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Disney "Colorful"

I just cant believe pixar had a budget of 180 million for a 99% completly CGI generated movie. damn!

Web-hosting: 3dxhosting.com | Blog: anthonyhays.com | Pictures: Flickr | Facebook: Cakvala

• Disney Secrets Master

It was a great movie. Truly a masterpiece.
    Putting the um in forum. Um...

I had great anticipation for this movie like any Pixar offerings. I saw the trailer and read reviews, and to tell the truth, I didn't think it was that great. I thought it was dull and didn't care about the human characters. It was strange that they had live action people in some scenes with animated people in others, what were they thinking? The parts with the robots looked like real special effects like a Star Wars movie, so the animated people didn't seem to fit. They should have just gone with live people, though maybe because of the message, they were thinking that audiences would be more sensitive to seeing live obese people. Some reviews made a big thing about "Hello Dolly" being featured, but it's really only one (or two?) songs and scenes, you don't even really know it's Hello Dolly, young people would probably think it's just an old musical. This was a message movie? The scenes are certainly chock full of detail, but I thought the story was flat. I'm a Disney fan through and through, but I think Kung Fu Panda was better. Maybe I was expecting more. It's certainly not as good as Ratatouille or Finding Nemo.
    Last edited by Disneykin Kid; 07-05-2008 at 04:07 PM. Reason: added thought