Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Man O Lantern

Re: Celebrities who disappoint you

Stage actors, teachers and soldiers? I don't know why, but that made me !!!

I do love Kristin Chenowith and I have to say if she fell from grace somehow, I'd be disappointed. Same with Idina Menzel.

• Reaver of Souls

OK, that did sound silly when I re-read it. I was trying to demonstrate people who have far more talent and/or make a difference in the world on a level far beyond most "celebrities" ever would...
    Honor those who fall under the sword.
    But pity the warrior who has slain all his enemies.

• Man O Lantern

Reaver, I wasn't knocking. I'm a teacher, so it made me giggle.

• Happy Memories

ok so I thought I understood what the op was asking, but then based on some responses wasn't quite sure. Are we going with those who have disapointed us or those that we just never liked? whatever, I'll stick with my first instinct.

Here's what dissapoints me most. When a bunch of similar celebs hit the scene at the same time the majority are usually the same brand of crap just slightly different packaging. Usually there are one maybe two who seem to stand out to me as being better than the rest. I don't mind so much enjoying them because i think, of all these people this is the one with lasting talent. Then somewhere down the line they prove me wrong and that bugs me. Allow me a couple of examples:

The blonde pop princesses of the late 90's/early 2000's included people like Britney, Christina, Jessica Simpson, etc... Of these i hated most, but actually Jessica stood out to me. She was pretty without being skanky, and she had a great voice. Now she's an annoying skank who does something so bizrre with her voice that it makes me want to smack her.

Then we had the little tween starlets of recent years, many of them shoved down our throats by our beloved Disney. you know who I'm talking about, Hilary, lindsey, etc... I thought Hilary was such a talentless hack that I would bad mouth her every opportunity I got. Lindsey on the other hand i thought was everything Hilary was not. Now Lindsey is a an annoying skank and while I still don't love her, i would chose a Hilary movie over a Lindsay movie these days.

I also very much find my enjoyment of someones art (acting, singing, whatever) to be highly influenced by what I percieve to be their personality. For example, i can't enjoy a singer if I'm aware that they are a known diva.

now as far as never liked, that award goes to Paris Hilton. What talentless waste of flesh. Why exactly is she famous and why the hell are people so obsessed with her. that bugs me.

I used to really love Rosie O'Donnell. I came home from school every day and watched her show. Until the Tom Selleck incident. From that day forward, she turns my stomach.
    Jonathan Brandis didn't dissappoint me, because I can't beegin to imagine what he was feeling to make him take his own life. It really hurt to hear that news, though. I met him on the set of SeaQuest: DSV as a teenager, and that was one of the best weekends of my life.
    I understand that celebrities are only people, but being in the public eye DOES carry some responsibility. Take Lohan for example. She is looked up to by so many young girls, and she totally ingnores that responsibility by all the crap you see about her. Its no wonder why every ten year old is dressed like a hoochie these days- that's all you see.
    I reject your reality, and subsitute my own!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by iheartdisney
    I used to really love Rosie O'Donnell. I came home from school every day and watched her show. Until the Tom Selleck incident. From that day forward, she turns my stomach.
    Jonathan Brandis didn't dissappoint me, because I can't beegin to imagine what he was feeling to make him take his own life. It really hurt to hear that news, though. I met him on the set of SeaQuest: DSV as a teenager, and that was one of the best weekends of my life.
    I understand that celebrities are only people, but being in the public eye DOES carry some responsibility. Take Lohan for example. She is looked up to by so many young girls, and she totally ingnores that responsibility by all the crap you see about her. Its no wonder why every ten year old is dressed like a hoochie these days- that's all you see.
    Little girls were dressing that way long before Lohan...

That's the parents fault, seeing as they're the ones buying the clothes.

• e komo mai

I used to really like Steven Spielberg. But after seeing 'A.I.', 'Amistad', 'War of the Worlds' and 'Saving Private Ryan' I've realized that he really needs to relax a little, have more fun in his films and stop being so preachy and depressing. I mean even 'Catch Me if You Can' was a drag in places.

I am kind of sad that Julia Roberts is in the latest Dave Matthews video. I didn't think they could sell out any more since they released 'Everyday' the album, but I guess they could. I like Julia, but in a Dave video? Bleh.

• See what I got?

Another one: Britney Spears. While I never had high hopes for her in the first place, I recently watched her idiotic reality show Chaotic (it's like a train wreck- you want to look away, but can't!) and am now horrified that these two people are procreating. Gag me with a fork.

• New Waver

George Clooney was a huge disappointment to me for a long time since he did Batman & Robin . But then he did O Brother Where Art Thou and redeamed himself. So he was a disapointment to me at first then he became cool. But for the most part I do not expect much out of celebrities, most do a really good job of making fools of themselfs most of the time.

• "I just don't listen."

Quote Originally Posted by iheartdisney
    Wow I didn't even know he died. That is sad... we share the same birthday and I loved him in Ladybugs.

That is a dissappointing.
    April
    Someday my prince will come
    Someday Ill find my love
    And how thrilling that moment will be
    When the prince of my dreams comes to be
    Hell whisper I Love You and steal a kiss or two

•   
    • NEVER to Old To Fly...

Blog Entries

NEVER meet your hero's. The fantasy is ALWAYS better.
    -----------------------------------------------
    DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth

• Minion

Why in the Hell is Nicole Richie a celebrity?!

• See what I got?

Well, the only excuse is she is Lionel Richie's daughter. Notice I said excuse, not reason.

• Happy Memories

Quote Originally Posted by lafantasma
    Well, the only excuse is she is Lionel Richie's daughter. Notice I said excuse, not reason.
    The excuse becomes even less valid when you consider the fact that she isn't even his genetic offspring, so she can't claim to have inheritted any sort of talent from him.

• My prices are INSANE!

I've meet several famous people, and celebrities. (I live in Burbank, you can't help but run into them) Thier just regular people like you and me. Even though some of them are a little bit out there.

I chuckle to myself when I see people freak out when they see a celebrity. If only they could see themselves and the way they act, it's kind of scary.

As far as any celebrities that have disappointed me, I can say that none have, mainly becuase I have no expectations of them.
    Crazy Larry loves ya! ......Hurry up before they lock me up!

Stop by my website
    http://www.ericedunn.com/

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast