Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Re: 'High School Musical 3: Senior Year' 10/24/08

August 19, 2008 , 2:05 PM ET

Looking ahead to the Oct. 24 feature film release of "High School Musical 3: Senior Year," Bleu hints fans can expect big numbers.

"(Director) Kenny Ortega, when he has a bigger budget, he's going to go for it," Bleu says. "So we have really huge numbers and a lot of different dance genres including cha-cha-cha and breakdancing. We even have a Bob Fosse tribute. Zac (Efron) and I have a really cool duet called 'The Boys are Back.'"
    Excerpt from:
    Corbin Bleu Tunes In For Sophomore Album
    http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/..._id=1003840419

• Banned User

Cool read - thanks for posting!!

In keeping with the HSM3 news and updates - the "I Want it All" video is now online too. It's Sharpay and Ryan's song - two of my favs....

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Lucky fans of HSM have a chance to win four tickets for themselves and family/friends to attend the Los Angeles premiere on Oct. 16 at the Galen Center basketball arena at the University of Southern California.

Hundreds of lucky fans will win and walk the red carpet alongside Zac, Vanessa, Ashley and the rest of the gang!

You can log onto Disney.com to enter, starting Sept. 5 - tomorrow!

Entries are limited to ten per day and will run until Sept. 14.
    High School Musical 3 - Sweepstakes
    Last edited by ALIASd; 09-05-2008 at 11:14 AM.
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

MPAA RATINGS

Film High School Musical 3

Rating G

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Graduation nears for 'High School Musical 3: Senior Year'

Fred Hayes / Disney Enterprises

Left to right: Ashley Tisdale, Olesya Rulin, Lucas Grabeel, Vanessa Hudgens, Zac Efron,
    Monique Coleman and Corbin Bleu on stage in "High School Musical 3: Senior Year."

The stakes are higher as the franchise moves to the big screen, but the cast members still act like kids.

By Mary McNamara
    Los Angeles Times Staff Writer
    September 7, 2008

After five years of working with this cast, Ortega is clearly a director who rules through love, not fear -- and it's hard not to love a man who walks around orchestrating an extremely complicated dance number with his teacup terrier Manly (yes, the same one owned by the scheming Sharpay in the movies) carelessly cradled in his arm.

But don't be fooled. The minute the cameras and lights are ready, everyone is all business, and if something -- a light, a car, a line -- is not the way he wants it, Ortega's displeasure is expressed in clarion tones.

For all the playfulness, high spirits and collective chorus of "we really are one big happy family" that infuses the set of Disney's bullet train of a film franchise, the folks involved in the third "HSM" are focused. Because there's a lot at stake. The little movie Peter Barsocchini wrote as a simple paean to his own high school experience, that Ortega took as a way to get back into films after spending years choreographing dance numbers at mega-events like the Super Bowl, that was cast with kids previously known only to Disney Channel devotees, has become an international multibillion-dollar industry.

All over the world teens and tweens jam to the soundtrack and scarf up the merchandise. It has become one of the most popular plays staged by real high school drama departments; there's a traveling show, an ice show and a new reality series called "High School Musical: Get in the Picture." But even with its built-in audience, "Senior Year" is a very big deal. This one isn't being shown free on TV; this one will be headed Oct. 24 for the multiplex, where families must shell out roughly $9 each to see the cast sing and dance. And as Efron, Hudgens, Bleu and the rest of the cast continually mention, it's the last film that this particular group will do together.

So although no one seems nervous exactly, the terms "high energy" and "110%" are used a lot. Even Efron, who expressed impatience with his Disney fetters during the filming of "HSM2," has, as one insider puts it, put his game face on.

"Let's do it again, just better," he says at one point after Ortega has pointed out a few ways in which he could improve a scene.
    http://www.latimes.com/

• Banned User

Seems like they're doing a fair amount of contest and promotions, huh? I thought this one was especially cool - you can win a trip (for your whole senior class) to either Disneyland or Disneyworld. Insane, right? I can't even imagine how much that would cost??? If only I were in High School again - LOL.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

There's more to come, their roster of promotional partners has grown. The awareness level for the 10/24 release is at one of the highest in recent studio history, with their projections for opening weekend box office moving North every few weeks. Making both the film's production and promotional costs back the first weekend is a genuine possibility.
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • has a brand new mindset

Quote Originally Posted by ALIASd View Post
    Um, SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

I won.
    I love my awesome crazy wonderful friends!!

"Do you remember in kindergarten, how you’d meet a kid,
    then 10 seconds later you’d be playing like you were best friends?"

• Banned User

It's too bad they couldn't switch Bolt and HSM3 around, Twilight is going to pummel Bolt in theaters when HSM could easily stand it's ground against Twilight. That would likely be the only time when I'd cheer crap like HSM over even worse stuff like Twilight.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Quote Originally Posted by tinkermonkey View Post
    Um, SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

I won.
    Congrats!
    My niece is gonna be the most thrilled soon-to-be 9 year old around! Saving the surprise for her B'day party this weekend.

Nobody does the big event premieres like Disney, you're in for a fabulous time - ENJOY!

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • has a brand new mindset

Did you also win or do you have extra connections? My 10 year old is running around like she is going on a date with Zac on one arm and Corbin on the other. I think I'll let her enjoy the fantasy for a day or two before I tell her that the chances of seeing them are decent, but actually meeting them? Notsomuch.
    I love my awesome crazy wonderful friends!!

"Do you remember in kindergarten, how you’d meet a kid,
    then 10 seconds later you’d be playing like you were best friends?"

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by ALIASd View Post
    There's more to come, their roster of promotional partners has grown. The awareness level for the 10/24 release is at one of the highest in recent studio history, with their projections for opening weekend box office moving North every few weeks. Making both the film's production and promotional costs back the first weekend is a genuine possibility.
    Wow - how exciting huh? I don't doubt that with the huge fandom and following that this series has that it's gonna have a stellar opening wknd! I know I'll be there!

And I must must must show ya'll this - HSM3 JibJabs!!! I love these things - how HILARIOUS!!!!!! Hahaha - I just sent my mom one! Omg how these make me chuckle ... I'm literally crying I'm laughing so hard....

Ok - whew - gaining composure.....

Congrats tinkermonkey - what good news!!

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

DISNEY AND JCPENNEY
    TEAM UP FOR
    "HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL 3: SENIOR YEAR" PROMOTION

Promotion Brings the Wildcat Spirit of Disney's East High
    to the Hometown of One Lucky Fan

Burbank, September 10, 2008 . . . In anticipation of Walt Disney Pictures' theatrical debut of "High School Musical 3: Senior Year," opening in theatres nationwide on October 24, 2008, an exclusive sweepstakes will launch at J. C. Penney Company, Inc. September 10 through September 30, 2008. The "JCPenney Best Seat in the House 'High School Musical 3' Sweepstakes," part of an integrated sales and marketing program, will bring the Wildcat spirit to the hometown of one lucky fan. Customers can register at JCPenney department or Disney.com to win a Disney-hosted red-carpet screening of the movie for the winner and 100 guests, limousine transportation for the winner to the big screening event and a personal appearance by a Radio Disney personality.

Jon Sayer, Vice President Sales, Radio Disney & Midwest Multimedia Leader, Disney Media Group, said: "Several Disney divisions including Radio Disney, Disney Consumer Products, Disney.com and Walt Disney Pictures -- the most powerful media reaching kids and families – along with JCPenney have teamed up to deliver a creative, customized and integrated initiative that will enhance the customer experience and connect with them over the 'High School Musical 3: Senior Year' excitement."

Available in-store and online at jcp.com, JCPenney features an assortment of "High School Musical" merchandise that allows kids, tweens and teens to connect with the "East High Wildcats." Merchandise categories include apparel, home décor, cosmetics, youth electronics and games. As part of its initiative with Disney, JCPenney stores will be offering movie posters as a gift with purchase of any "High School Musical" merchandise from October 8 through November 5, 2008.

"Through our promotion with Disney, we are bringing the excitement of 'High School Musical' – one of the most popular tween film franchises in history – to JCPenney. We know this promotion will strongly resonate with our younger customers as they once again follow the lives of America’s favorite high school students," said Clark McNaught, Senior Vice President of Children's Apparel, JCPenney.

In the weeks leading to the movie's debut, JCPenney will sponsor Radio Disney's popular feature, "On the Set," with behind the scenes scoop and cast interviews. Radio Disney will also host a JCPenney-sponsored "High School Musical 3: Senior Year" Prize Weekend, giving away JCPenney gift cards and movie themed merchandise.

Additionally, Disney.com will create and host a microsite sponsored by JCPenney. Launching September 10, JCPenney department will feature the "High School Musical 3: Senior Year" movie trailer and music video, along with free downloadable book cover and iPod stickers and digital wallpaper. To access the exclusive downloads, fans can visit the site to obtain a keyword that they can text to the number DISNEY (347639), which, in turn, will text back a password that can be used to unlock the downloads.
    Disney Channel MediaNet

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

'HSM3' Tickets on sale September 26th

Tickets go on sale Sept. 26 at the film's official website www.disney.com/HS3.

Everyone who gets tickets from the site between now and the films opening day, Oct. 24, will also recieve a free Itunes download of the song “Can I Have This Dance” from the original HSM3 soundtrack.

• Banned User

I know I have my advanced tickets already and I stoked for this!! I bought like half a dozen for this big group I got together for the premiere night. 3rd film in theaters = best idea ever!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast