• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Scarlett Johansson's wild ride to Disneyland!

Scarlett Johansson crashes car eluding photogs

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Actress Scarlett Johansson, star of 2003 hit "Lost in Translation," was involved in a minor car crash near Disneyland last week while trying to elude photographers, her publicist said on Tuesday.

There were no injuries when Johansson clipped another car with her black Mercedes convertible but publicist Marcel Pariseau said the 20-year-old actress was so fed up with the paparazzi that she had left Los Angeles.

Pariseau said Johansson had been hounded by photographers since returning from a film shoot in London and that they had had been camped in front of her home. He said she hit the other car while trying to get away from them.

Arnold Courant, co-owner of the DFX Direct photo agency, told the Los Angeles Times that his photographers had trailed Johansson to Disneyland but said they were 40 yards behind at the time of the collision and not responsible.

An Anaheim police spokesman said no report had been filed on the incident.

The crash was the latest run-in between celebrities and photographers that have prompted Los Angeles authorities to announce a crackdown on aggressive paparazzi.

Actress Lindsay Lohan and a passenger in her Mercedes suffered minor injuries in June when a photographer crashed his car into hers while chasing the "Mean Girls" star through the streets of Los Angeles.
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• All you need is LOVE

Re: Scarlett Johansson's wild ride to Disneyland!

I know Wow I read that to omg thanks girl for info

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Yes, it's scary enough to see them in front of restaurants, shops, etc. sometimes let alone chasing people in their cars. Here's E!'s take:
    Scarlett Driven to Distraction by Charlie Amter

Disneyland was anything but the happiest place on Earth for Scarlett Johansson.
    The Lost in Translation star was on the giving end of a minor car accident Friday near the amusement park--an accident caused, her publicist says, as the actress tried to swerve to escape a crew of shutterbugs.
    "The fender-bender was induced by the paparazzi, who chased her for 45 minutes," Johansson publicist Marcel Pariseau said in a statement Monday.

Anaheim Police Department spokesman Rick Martinez says the bang-up occurred around 1:50 p.m. No one hurt, and no one was cited for the accident.

"The two parties exchanged insurance information on their own, and no police report was filed to my knowledge," Martinez said Monday.

Martinez says that by the time officers arrived on the scene about an hour later, Johansson, who most recently starred in this summer's box-office dud The Island, had already left in a brand new Mercedes to replace her damaged one. (A Mercedes-Benz representative reportedly delivered an emergency loaner to the actress.)

Per eyewitnesses reports, Johansson, 20, and two friends were cruising to the Mouse House, paid to get into the Disneyland parking lot and were followed by four paparazzi-powered SUVs. Pariseau says Johansson veered sharply away from the trailing vheicles, clipping a Daihatsu with a woman and her two young daughters.
    Arnold Cousart, one of the owners of JFX Direct photo agency, confirmed that two of his employees had been following Johansson for four days, along with photographers from a rival service. But he refutes Pariseau's contention that it was the shutterbugs who caused the accident.

"Our photographers were about a block [behind her] when the collision occurred," Cousart told the Los Angeles Times. "She was basically by herself...There wasn't any car behind her closer than 40 yards."

Johansson is the latest A-list motorist who has claimed to have been victimized by aggressive paparazzi maneuvers.

Back in May, Lindsay Lohan was involved in a more serious accident, when photographer Galo Ramirez reportedly rammed her Mercedes-Benz with his van while chasing the actress.

Lohan suffered cuts and bruises from the smash-up and was left "shaken up and extremely upset," by the incident, which her publicist described as intentional.

A criminal probe was launched in Los Angeles and authorities are still weighing whether to charge Ramierez for assault with a deadly weapon.

In April, Reese Witherspoon claimed she was chased by several paparazzi and prevented from entering the gated community where she lives. Earlier this month Los Angeles prosecutors said that while the photographers in question most likely used aggressive tactics and terrorized Witherspoon, there was insufficent evidence to charge them with false imprisonment.
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Reaver of Souls

Scarlett Johansson's wild ride to Disneyland!
    To quote The Simpsons' Nelson Muntz:

"I can think of at least two things wrong with that title!"

The story, while unfortunate for the lovely Scarlett, is not at all what came to mind when I read the title....

Now if you'll excuse me, I'll go wash my mind out with soap...
    Honor those who fall under the sword.
    But pity the warrior who has slain all his enemies.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

^ that's how we drag 'em in!

Here's an update from Access Hollywood

Scarlett's 911 Call Released
    Scarlett Johansson remained calm after a minor car accident while trying to duck paparazzi near Disneyland last week, according to a tape of the 911 call she made.

"Hi, we've just gotten into an accident," the 20-year-old "Lost in Translation" star tells the dispatcher. "Unfortunately we have a bunch of paparazzi cars also following us."

The tape was released by the California Highway Patrol after Johansson's publicist said the actress had hit a car while trying to elude four sport utility vehicles full of celebrity photographers that had followed her from her Hollywood home.

No one was hurt in the Aug. 18 accident. Johansson clipped the right side of a car carrying a woman and her two daughters.

"About the media," the male dispatcher asks Johansson at one point. "Are they starting to cause problems?"

"They've pulled all around us," she replies on the 911 call, "waiting for us to ..."

"Gotcha," the dispatcher responds. "OK, I'm going to roll a couple of (units) out there, OK, Miss Johansson?"

The owner of a photo agency has said that some of his photographers had been trailing Johansson for four days and had tracked her to Anaheim. But he denied they had contributed to the accident.

Although Johansson's publicist, Marcel Pariseau, initially said the accident occurred in a Disneyland parking lot, the 911 tape suggests that it happened outside the park, on Disneyland Drive near the entrance to the Santa Ana Freeway.
    "We pulled off to the side," Johansson says on the tape.

The incident came two months after a celebrity photographer was arrested on suspicion of hitting Lindsay Lohan's car near a shopping mall.

• Minion

I think that's ridiculous. There should be some kind of law against that. Are people so celebrity crazy that they need to see pictures of them doing boring stuff?

I laugh everytime I see someone buy an U.S. Weekly mag...

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Quote Originally Posted by Soulquarian
    I think that's ridiculous. There should be some kind of law against that. Are people so celebrity crazy that they need to see pictures of them doing boring stuff?

I laugh everytime I see someone buy an U.S. Weekly mag...

There should be a law against it. It's the same thing as harassment.

• Hedonist

Quote Originally Posted by Soulquarian

Yes, but how would we get pics of Scarlet Johansson at Disneyland?

Was Darkbeer driving one of the SUVs?

I don't understand why they don't make a law against it. That must be the most annoying thing in the whole world if you're a celeb just trying to enjoy something, like DL. It's a total invasion of privacy.

• Minion

I didn't know Disneyland was cool enough for celebrities.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

JOHANSSON'S DISNEY BIRTHDAY

The actress celebrated her birthday a day early (21NOV04) with a family trip to Disneyland in California, where she posed for photos with MICKEY MOUSE.

The LOST IN TRANSLATION star then partied with ASHTON KUTCHER and ROBERT DOWNEY JR at a Disney-themed Hollywood party at the exclusive CHI restaurant.

Her boyfriend JARED LETO missed out on the fun because he was promoting his new film ALEXANDER in New York.

you'd be surprised:
    http://www.micechat.com/forums/showt...ht=celebrities
    Last edited by ALIASd; 11-21-2005 at 08:13 PM.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Happy 11/21 21st B'day to Disneyland fan Scarlett Johansson