• Minion

Contemporary Question

Are the rooms in the Garden Wing the same as in the Tower?

How long is the walk from Garden Wing rooms to the monorail station and food in the Tower?

I think there's something like a $550 difference between staying in the Garden Wing versus the Tower for a 7 day visit. Might be worth it if the rooms are better and there proximity to stuff is closer in the Tower.

Thanks in advance!

• Disneyholic

Re: Contemporary Question

Quote Originally Posted by Pacha View Post
    Are the rooms in the Garden Wing the same as in the Tower?

How long is the walk from Garden Wing rooms to the monorail station and food in the Tower?

I think there's something like a $550 difference between staying in the Garden Wing versus the Tower for a 7 day visit. Might be worth it if the rooms are better and there proximity to stuff is closer in the Tower.

Thanks in advance!
    Ok Second question first depending on your room location figure around 10 min walk if that. It's really not as bad as with some resorts to get to the transportation, the buses are on the lower level and of course you can walk to the Magic Kingdom and avoid the Monorail if it's packed at park opening/closing.

Room Size/layout they size and layout is listed as the same and I'll preface this by saying I haven't stayed there in a long long time from what I remember they are roughly the same, except for the view and the lack of a balcony on the first floor of the garden wings you get a patio of course.

That all said the Main Tower is just way cooler, and Disney knows it, thats why it costs more the higher up you are in the building especially with the Magic Kingdom view. If you can afford to do the tower or ask really nicely to see if they will bump you up at check in. If that fails use the "EvilQueen" method and cry, she got a full suite upgrade once that way...(true story!)
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Jerren View Post
    Ok Second question first depending on your room location figure around 10 min walk if that. It's really not as bad as with some resorts to get to the transportation, the buses are on the lower level and of course you can walk to the Magic Kingdom and avoid the Monorail if it's packed at park opening/closing.

Room Size/layout they size and layout is listed as the same and I'll preface this by saying I haven't stayed there in a long long time from what I remember they are roughly the same, except for the view and the lack of a balcony on the first floor of the garden wings you get a patio of course.

That all said the Main Tower is just way cooler, and Disney knows it, thats why it costs more the higher up you are in the building especially with the Magic Kingdom view. If you can afford to do the tower or ask really nicely to see if they will bump you up at check in. If that fails use the "EvilQueen" method and cry, she got a full suite upgrade once that way...(true story!)
    Thanks for the info, Jerren and about the EvilQueen story. Since I'm a guy, it's doubtful the crying idea will work. Maybe I can talk my wife into it....if we go that is.

As far as the tower versus the garden wing, I've been in the tower briefly, just passing through on a monorail ride and yeah, it did look way cool in there. Plus the current deals from Disney make it verrrry tempting to stay there. We'll see...

Thanks again for the info.

• I love my family!

Checking into the Contemporary next friday, Tower Themepark view. I'm sure I'll have a million pics, so I will let you know.

I'm so excited, I can't wait.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdshiftCM View Post
    Checking into the Contemporary next friday, Tower Themepark view. I'm sure I'll have a million pics, so I will let you know.

I'm so excited, I can't wait.
    Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!! Have a great time!