Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Disney Dream 10/23!!

Coronado Springs.

Hi! I just booked this hotel for August 15-22. Is this a good hotel? Do you guys have any advice? I've never been to disneyworld, and I don't want to miss anything. Thanks!!

• World Traveler

Re: Coronado Springs.

Coronado Springs Resort is very nice, but my least favorite of the moderate resorts. It's VERY big in size and if you get a room far from the main building where reception and the restaurants is, it's quite a schlep to get there. I did like the Pepper Market restaurant there and their pool area is very cool.

Personally, my favorite moderate resort is Port Orleans French Quarter, followed by Riverside.

• Another trip down I-4

Coronado is nice - don't be surprised, however, if you're seated next to a group of business men or such, as it doubles as a convention hotel. I go some years to the US Open Karate Championships held there over the July 4th weekend - and it's rather surreal to be sitting there with a group of guys in karate gear next to a family wearing Mickey ears.

I really like the theme and rooms of the Coronado. As was said, it is big, really big. But I didn't have any trouble with it. I just used it as a warm up to the parks. Plus, the bus system does make rounds, so if you're planning on taking the Disney buses, you probably won't have to walk very far.

My number one choice would be PO-French Quarter, for moderates, BTW.
    In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate.

DoppelV

• Rat Tat Tat.

The Coronado Springs is beautiful. Even though the resort is sprawling, there are multiple bus stops around the resort so you don't have to trek to the main stop. The pool area is fun with its water slide and giant temple. If you plan on spending some time enjoying the resort (and not just running off to the parks all the time) it's a great place to take a walk around the lake and swing in the hammocks along the path.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

I stayed there for the invasion... thought it was ok. It really isn't my style, looks wise. We were lucky that we were in a room closer to the front. It's SO confusing to find your room!! The lake is neat and the pool area was really cool. They have a really good gift shop. DO NOT EAT at the pepper market! The quick service has really delicious food but it was so pricey!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Disneyholic

I was just there last month while touring all the resorts and rooms on property. As others have stated it's a very large resort and is unique and has some upscale accommodations when compared against the other moderate resorts since it is a convention center and the business types have made requests that place it a bit above the others in some respects.

• The pepermarket is a very unique quickservice restarant in that you are assigned a table, have a waiter to bring you drinks and your food out, and they have items like Steak and baked potatoes. They also hit you up for a tip though so it's more of a quasi table service but counts as quick service onthe meal plan.
    • The pool (the dig site) is pretty far from the main building, most of the other moderates they are right next to each other. But it's also my favorite of the moderates with the spitting Jaguars on the water slide and all.
    • The Rix lounge is not operated by Disney and is very upscale, live DJ at night and has a sort of a Vegas ultra lounge feel to it, they even have bottle service which is unheard of in Disney lounges. Realy seems more in place in the Contemporary than Coronado but again it's what the conventioneers want.
    • Nice Gormet coffee bar next to the Rix, similar to the Poly's Kona coffee bar.
    • Rooms have recently been refurbed, they have ihome ipod dock clock radios, queen beds, high speed internet, refrigerators, and table and chairs. (I have photos if anyone's interested in the room layouts)
    • Room service - Again conventioner's feedback drove this but they have a fairly complete room service menu comperably to the deluxes.

Downsides:

• Parking can be tight due to conventions taking up a lot of spaces, even though a rental car is fastest way to get to the parks you may be better not renting the car when staying if there's a big convention hosted there.
    • Sprawling design - Basically one big loop around a lake similar to CBR but seems larger to me Partly due to the seperate pool and foodcourt area. (TIP: If you see a CM golf cart that's empty flag them down they usually will be happy to give you a lift.)
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

• Disneyholic

Oh yes forgot to mention they are also adding a "club level" to Coronado Springs, that's Disney Speak for concierge level. No other moderate has a club level. Typically that means continental breakfasts, wine and cheese in the evening, snacks and drinks thought the day, robes in the room, special check in usually with a little gift (chocolates or something similar it's different at each resort) and a personal trip planner. For those who want to be spoiled when they go.

• Disney Dream 10/23!!

thanks everyone for your help!

• Nerd.

I love Coronado!

-Queen beds are the norm vs. full size beds at the other mods
    -The pool, IMO,is the best of the mods. I believe the slide is also longer there. Lots of fun for kids and adults.
    -Pepper Market is quite good. Lots of choiceds.
    -Bus service is excellent. Only 4 stops and does not share with another resort. Often the CSR stop is closet to the park entrance too. Never had to wait for them all that long.
    -Rooms are all being renovated. Should be done by fall.
    -Some people talk about the convention/conference people. I never really noticed them. Plus they keep the buses and pool more empty during the day as they are stuck in workshops etc..
    -Has more features than the other mods like a salon/spa, gym, and room service.

Last edited by NeverNeverland; 02-11-2009 at 11:42 AM. Reason: edited out links to other message boards

The Coronado is my family's favorite resort. We have stayed seven times and have trips eight and nine booked already.

Yes, it is a very large and spread out resort. However, the walk is not that bad from one end to another. My best male friend stayed at the AKL last May and was in the last room at the farthest end of the resort. He said it took him FOREVER to walk anywhere. When he came over to the CSR for their meetings, he walked from the convention center to the room with one of his co-works which was in the Ranchos and said it was a shorter walk than what he experienced at the AKL. You can have a long walk at ANY resort. The difference is the deluxe you are inside, a moderate you are outside. Personally, we prefer the outside as we are in Florida and want to enjoy the weather, the scenery, etc.

Yes, it is a convention resort. We have never had any issues with the convention attendees. In fact, it keeps the pools and the buses emptier than they probably would be if it was all vacation attendees. I can't verify that for the buses as we always rent a car and drive to all of the parks. We have never had an issue with parking at the resort. We see the convention people in the morning when going for coffee or breakfast and at the lounge at night. In the seven stays, we've seen maybe three men in a suite and three women in a dress. And, for all we know, they oculd have been CSR management. Here is the estimated times on the buses to each of the parks:

Hollywood Studios - Bus Stop 6 (1st stop) - 6 min ride once leaving resort
    AK - Bus Stop 8 (middle) - 6 min ride once leaving resort
    MK - Bus Stop 10 (1st) - 10 min ride once leaving resort
    Epcot - Bus Stop 7 (2nd) - 7 min ride once leaving resort
    BB - Bus Stop 6 (middle) - 3 min ride once leaving resort

The Pepper Market is a love it or hate type place. Yes, it is more expensive than the other food courts. However, the portions are a lot bigger, there are a lot more choices, things are made fresh while you wait. It is a great deal if you are on the dining plan--no where else can you get a ribeye steak at dinner for a counter service credit. I'm sure the prices are higher because it is not owned by Disney and it is probably geared toward the convention crowd and they probably get their meals reimbursed.

We love the fact that the CSR is a "deluxe lite" resort. It is the only moderate with queen beds, a full room service menu, a fitness center/spa and the largest hot tub of all of the moderates. The resort is simply beautiful and quiet and peaceful. We always stay in the Casitas section (4 or 5) which is about a five minute walk to the main building and about eight minutes to the main pool. They are currently also rehabbing all of the rooms with new furniture, flat screen televisions and sliding doors between the bathroom and bedroom. We love the new Rix Lounge which has live music after 9 p.m.

Now, we've never stayed at any of the other moderates. The only other one we have even given a passing thought to is the POFQ. We don't care for the POR theme (although we like the food court) and did not like our experience the one time we went to the bar where the piano player plays; and we don't care for the CBR at all. We don't care for the theme/colors and being two adults traveling alone (both kids are in college), we aren't into Nemo or Pirate rooms or a pirate themed pool.

A lot of people say the CSR (and the POR and POFQ) are not really "Disney." Truthfully, I don't need Disney 24/7. I like going back to the resort after being at the park all day/night without Disney in my face.
    Kathy & Mark
    Going back to CSR 9/09 for our 8th stay

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

I also LOVE this hotel. Definitely plan to stay there again. For the same price as a regular Moderate, you get a lot of luxury amenities. This complex is a Moderate + in my book. The restaurant choices are a step above other Moderates, as are the gift shop and pool.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Golden State of Mind

Its a GREAT moderate resort at WDW, I won't go into detail why because pretty much everyone above has said it all. Its spaced out but really I didn't find it to be a problem. Great atmosphere!
    Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

• Disneyholic

Quote Originally Posted by tofubeast View Post
    I love Coronado!

-Queen beds are the norm vs. full size beds at the other mods
    This is no longer the case, all of the moderates now have or are in the process of getting queen sized beds as they undergo their usual "soft" refurbs due to guest requests.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
    The Pepper Market is a love it or hate type place. Yes, it is more expensive than the other food courts. However, the portions are a lot bigger, there are a lot more choices, things are made fresh while you wait. It is a great deal if you are on the dining plan--no where else can you get a ribeye steak at dinner for a counter service credit. I'm sure the prices are higher because it is not owned by Disney and it is probably geared toward the convention crowd and they probably get their meals reimbursed.
    Disagree. We had breakfast there - our meal was taken from the heat lamp to us - it was NOT fresh made and was cold by the time we got back to the table. It had so much potential but failed. The portion size was the same as anywhere. It costs more because you have a person bringing you drinks.. though ours disappeared so I ended up getting my coffee (and extra napkins) myself. SO not worth the price. I'd rather pay MORE for the snack bar food because it was delicious!

We weren't on the dining plan but while we were there we watched this lady have a HUGE hissy fit because they let her have a smoothie as a drink a few days but that day they weren't (so she said). It was CRAZY how upset this lady was getting! The staff handled her well. I felt bad for her kids (and for what she wasteaching them). GREAT entertainment but not worth it.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast