Thread: need help

Return trip to WDW

All,

Wife and I just booked our return trip last night.

We went to Disney for the 1st time back and March and stayed at Pop Century. This time we decided to book the suite at All star Music also in March 2010.

Please give me some insight on the All Star Music and if that was a wise choice.

Thanks

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Re: Return trip to WDW

All Star Music's decor is similar style as Pop Century but with an obvious music theme.

Here is more of a description I found at All Ears for you...

All Star Music Fact Sheet

The ASM resort is a 1,920 room resort featuring the following musically themed buildings: Calypso, Jazz Inn, Rock Inn, Country Fair, and the Broadway Hotel. The buildings have exterior and interior theming to match their names - such as 3 story tall cowboy boots at Country Fair, and 3 story jukeboxes and electric guitars at the Rock Inn. The rooms are 260 square feet in size - the smallest of all rooms on the Disney property. The ASM is one of four value hotel offerings on Disney property (All Star Sports, All Star Movies and POP Century).
    They also have a photo section if you would like to get an idea of the grounds for yourself.

All Star Music Photos

So basically what you get at pop century you get at ASM.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff/stacy View Post
    So basically what you get at pop century you get at ASM.
    Yes but in my opinion, I like the ambiance of Pop Century better and the fact they have a dedicated bus. Music shares theirs with Sports and Movies which leads to longer wait times when returning from the parks.

Something you might want to consider.

• I'll Break your Thumbs!!

When I booked my trip last year, it was a toss up between Pop Century and ASM! I ultimately went with PC because it was newer of the value resorts and it had it's own dedicated bus line to and from the parks.

need help

We booked at ASM last night.. I am having second thoughts... My budget is $6500 for accomdoations and dining. We stayed at Pop Century last year. I am wanting a different experience this year and I am afraid that stay at ASM will not provide that.

If anyone can provide about other accomodations beside a value resort it would be appreciated.

My party includes the wife and I, our 2 kids 16, 2 and my 16 yr olds friend.

Thanks

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Re: need help

Were you looking into the suites at the All Stars? That's the only room type at the Values that you'd fit into with five people.

You might want to check out Port Orleans Riverside, they have rooms that have a trundlebed so that you can sleep five.

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Disney Vacation Planner

Re: need help

It can be tough deciding which resort when you have 5 people. It's usually cheaper to get 2 value resort rooms than booking the ASM suites. I think you will be much happier at the Pop Century with 2 rooms. The atmosphere, and the bus service is so much better than that of the ASM resort in my opinion.

The POR is a moderate resort, so you will have a refrigerator, if that is important to you. But, it is a large resort with several bus stops. If you can swing it for two rooms moderate, POFQ has much better bus service. It is Disney's smallest resort, a standard room is closest to the food courts, and it only has one bus stop. Refrigerator, privacy curtain also.
    You can change your booking, if what you want is available.
    Let us know what you ended up with!