View Poll Results: Which Moderate Resort at Walt Disney World is best?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cabins at Fort Wilderness

1 4.17%
  • Caribbean Beach Resort

3 12.50%
  • Coronado Springs

4 16.67%
  • Port Orleans French Quarter

11 45.83%
  • Port Orleans Riverside

6 25.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• soon i will grow up

which Moderate Resort is best?

Hey there, I'm new to the boards. I just wanted to know what everyone thought about the moderate resorts. Which one is the best, which one is the worst? I am thinking of staying with just me and my girlfriend at Port Orleans Riverside. From the website, it looks like it's the best. Coronado Springs also looks good but seems so far from the action. Any recommendations from anyone? We are going in October, pretty excited.

• World Traveler

Re: which Moderate Resort is best?

Welcome to Micechat.

My personal favorite is Port Orleans Riverside. Have a great time!

• Progressive Disneylander

I can't say that I can compare it to anything, but I really liked the Port Orleans French Quarter. The resort is quite attractive. I only ventured over to Riverside once when I was there and while it was nice, I was happy I stayed where I did.

• We'll hold them at bay

Carribbean Beach gets my vote
    www.jamboeveryone.com
    Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

• soon i will grow up

thanks for the feedback. For some reason the french quarter reminds me of the all star style of hotels. It almost looks like the same type of buildings, just with fancier railings and a little more detail. And I was thinking of staying at the Caribbean but i thought since it was older it would feel like it, maybe a little run down. I'm just over thinking it I'm sure, Riverside will be great. Thanks for the help.

I concur with your video research. Riverside is just the prettiest of them all. From Mansion to Bayou, its is very nice.

Carib is ageing, but going through a nice refurb as well. I have never really been a fan of CS.

I do like the Caribbean Beach, although you might have a hike to the main building for the pool/restaurants/shop if you're in one of the more distant buildings. That said, we were on the far end of Trinidad South a few years ago and I kind of enjoyed the quiet - it's a low-foot-traffic section of the resort, so there were a lot fewer screaming kiddies.

Are you going to have a car there, or will you be using Disney transportation? Caribbean Beach buses service every single stop in the resort before heading to the parks, so it can take a while to get going - and it's even worse coming home at night. The Port Orleans resorts share buses, and in my experience, French Quarter is the first stop on the return trip. Worth considering. I've stayed at both and would stay at either one again. French Quarter is a little more intimate, but I do prefer Riverside's food options and its pool. (Plus, you can rent boats at Riverside.) There's a footpath along the Sassagoula River that connects the two Port Orleans resorts, and it's a really nice walk, so that's also an option - my girlfriend and I walked up to the Riverside pool a few times during our FQ stay.

Coronado Springs is a convention resort, and it has a reputation for lots of suits and name tags roaming the grounds, which some people find offputting during their vacation. I haven't stayed there, though, so maybe someone else can weigh in. It does look like a nice place, though.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

We stayed at Caribbean Beach in June and thought it was great. We had one of the newer rooms, which is in the farthest buildings, but didn't mind the walk to the food court/big pool at all. It was hot (but hey, it's hot everywhere!), but it was a nice walk nonetheless. And we never had any trouble with the bus services, to or from the parks.

Port Orleans was our first choice, but it was booked. We were very happy with our vacation.
    A signature should go here.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I've stayed at both Port Orleans resorts and liked them both. Looks/decor wise, I pick PO Riverside (Alligator Bayou section). Location wise, PO French Quarter (it's smaller than Riverside, so not a hike to the bus stop, if you use the bus).

• Mickey Ear Biter

I have only been to the coronado springs, but it was great.

We stayed in one of the water themed rooms (as opposed to the desert themed) and were close to the main entrance.

The breakfast buffet at the restaurant is a a really good quality for a good price (Just ask for anyhting you want that is not shown and they will probably have it for you)

The Pool was amazing (inlcuding the slide which was suprisingly long for a pool slide) and HUGE. Perfectly heated at night too.

The staff was really nice and helpful. My wallet had a magnetic and it deactivted my "key to the world" and they kept givng me a new one until we discovered what was wrong.

Not to mention we did the magic your way and didn't realize you had to tell disney when you wanted a ride back to the airport ( we stupidly thought they would have a bus every hour or something).

So a CM took us in a van personally last minute and he was amazingly nice.

Of course I have heard bad things about Coranado Springs (not everyone shares my happy experience).

Note: I don't know if you smoke, but my other does and requested a smoking room, which they said could accomadate, when they actually cannot. Which is fine, our stay was still nice.
    Sometimes we cannot help, but be a little over dramatic...

• Occasional Reader

Just stayed at Riverside.... I was guided to the Riverside resort by a higher power....Mrs T.
    It was perfectly fine, I've a trip report in the making with plenty of comment on the resort.
    Smile, you never know who's looking !

• Doesn't get enough Disney

I like Port Orleans French Quarter best!

Si vous voulez venir danser aussi, le ticket d’entrée n’est jamais gratuit.
    Il faut payer de sa vie.

• Seasick

I've only stayed at Coronada, so no comparisons from me, but I will say I liked it a lot.

The busses were frequent and usually empty enough that I got a seat, which was not the case at Pop Century when I stayed there.

It's a large resort, spread out, which some people might not like, but I really enjoyed just circling the grounds, chilling in the hammocks, etc.

Because it's the convention center, I understand there are more amenities than the other moderates. For that reason it may be a bit more bang for your buck.
    My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Coronado Springs is sort of an upscale version of the moderate resorts. It has better restaurants and amenities because it also caters to a business crowd. We think it is a GREAT value for the money. Port Orleans (either French Quarter or Riverside) is also wonderful.

You can also ask if there are rooms available at Old Key West - although it is a DVC resort, you can sometimes get it at Moderate prices.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Golden State of Mind

Coronado Springs!
    Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast