My picture threads consist of images I have taken that focus on the architecture, landscape architecture, planning, design, and theming of the facilities highlighted. They may also contain short descriptions and commentary, but will not focus on construction progress or special events or memorabilia or food selections or my traveling companions. Hopefully these threads are a good introduction for those who have not seen these places yet. All killer, no filler!

Disney's Port Orleans Resort photographed in November 2008:
Linked together by a water taxi on a man-made waterway called Sassagoula River, the resort is composed of two distinct sections that recreate very different areas of Southern Louisiana.

French Quarter:
This section is located on one side of the river and features a rectilinear layout of low hotel buildings along walkways themed as city streets with small formal park squares between. Many of the buildings have lacy ironwork balconies like those in the resort's namesake city, although the detailing is far simpler than the fantastic New Orleans Square area of Disneyland. The buildings cluster around a central check-in and amenities building group called French Quarter Square, and a promenade leads from there to the brightly themed pool area called Doubloon Lagoon with its playful Mardi Gras alligator character statues and waterslide.

Riverside:
This section is the larger of the two and lines the river on both sides. It also has a central check-in and amenities building group, this one more rustically themed to a riverboat landing with a nearby main pool on a small island called Ol' Man Island. Two sections of distinctly themed low hotel buildings further delineate this section: one is Alligator Bayou with small rustic cabin-like buildings while the other is the grander plantation-themed Magnolia Bend.

Enjoy!