Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa - Pictures

My picture threads consist of images I have taken that focus on the architecture, landscape architecture, planning, design, and theming of the facilities highlighted. They may also contain short descriptions and commentary, but will not focus on construction progress or special events or memorabilia or food selections or my traveling companions. Hopefully these threads are a good introduction for those who have not seen these places yet. All killer, no filler!

Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa photographed in November 2008:
    Designed to recall the golden era of the real upstate New York resort area, Saratoga Springs is a Victorian themed complex with a central check-in and amenities building group that surrounds the main pool area called High Rock Spring Pool. Details in this area enhance the recollection of natural spings, horseracing, gaming, and high society that was prevalent in the area in the late 19th century. Rooms are in grand midrise buildings that line several small formal lakes and several larger freeform ones.

Enjoy!

Re: Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa - Pictures

Thanks for posting the pics of Saratoga Springs. We are planning on staying there on our upcoming trip. Is there a best and or worst location at SSR? I am concerned that it seems so far away from everything.

• Banned User

Re: Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa - Pictures

Very nice pictures and thanks for sharing. We enjoyed a six night stay at Saratoga Springs late October 2009. Our 1 bedroom villa was in The Paddock block; about 7 minutes brisk walk from the services & facilities of the Carriage House and main pool area, which was not a problem to us. It was just 2 minutes stroll to the nearest bus stop and we found the WDW bus service to be excellent.
    The service from staff on site was very good throughout, in particular the housekeeping and reception area people. We booked direct with WDW and I think got good value. The total price per day for accommodation worked out at about 135GBP ($220 approx) which included the standard Disney Dining Plan for 2 adults & 1 child. The Dining Plan came as a 'free' extra when we booked and proved to be all we needed for food, having prepared our own light breakfast in the villa. The food was generally very good, particularly at Olivia's cafe and Boma. Counter service meals were OK.

Regards,