Hard Rock Hotel at Universal Orlando - Pictures

My picture threads consist of images I have taken that focus on the architecture, landscape architecture, planning, design, and theming of the facilities highlighted. They may also contain short descriptions and commentary, but will not focus on construction progress or special events or memorabilia or food selections or my traveling companions. Hopefully these threads are a good introduction for those who have not seen these places yet. All killer, no filler!

Hard Rock Hotel photographed in November 2008:
    The three resorts on the Universal Orlando property are linked by a river-like waterway and water taxis that go to the Universal Citywalk lake from which both theme parks are entered. This resort is styled in a California Mission theme, with several wings surrounding a large pool and recreation area. The interiors feature many of the rock and roll artifacts for which this chain of hotels and cafes is famous.

Enjoy!

• Banned User

Re: Hard Rock Hotel at Universal Orlando - Pictures

I actually live a 10 minute drive, 45 minute walk, from Universal.
    I'm thinking of the weekend of the 19th to coincide with Habitat from Humanity (See thread), so the relaxation would be needed after the hard work we're all going to do on the Saturday.Hard Rock does seem to be the route to go and the Spa might be needed for a few hours that evening.
    The bars also look pretty good there, along with CityWalk in the evening.

Regards,

Kingtravel, did you stay here? How was it?

• Disneyholic

I just Stayed there this past weekend, I must say the resort is very nice, I will be posting pictures shortly as soon as I get them uploaded to my site. Couple things I really liked about the property:

• Proximity to Citywalk, Universal Studios, and IOA - I walked several times back and forth it's only a 5-10 minute walk, pleanty of rickshaws (they runon tips) and the Water taxi and Bus for those who are not a fan of boats.
    • Pet friendly - Lowes loves pet's program allows you to take your dog on vacation, dedicated rooms, you get 2 bowls, place-mat and Lowes loves pets collar on check in. Wish Disney would do this.
    • Staff - What can I say they where all awesome, first time there everyone asked if I needed anything or had any questions, very attentive and helpful.
    • Rooms - Very large by Disney Standards, all have 2 sinks, minibar in room, ipod player alarm clock, corded and cordless phones, CD player in room, 2 chairs and table, in room safe, hairdryer, iron and ironing board, flat panel TV with internet keyboard, wired and wireless Internet connection (for a small fee), free high end espresso style coffe maker with free coffee and tea plus to-go cups w/ lids. Beds where very comfortable, last refurb was approximately 2 years ago, soft refurbs done every 5 years. Memorabilia in the room.
    • Memorabilia - What can I say Elton john's boots and Elvis's Jumpsuit in the lobby, and costumes and guitars and other items everywhere! It's really a cool hotel to just walk around in. The rep stated there's wellover a Million dollars of Memorabilia in the hotel and it is rotated frequently.
    • Internet Access - Free in the lobby and pool areas, small fee in the rooms, and can also request in the poolside cabanas.
    • Pool area - Awesome waterslide (some 300+ ft long biggest of the 3 on site resorts) underwater sound system, poolside bar and lounge areas, Poolside house bands, 24 hour arcade and pool tables, ping pong, and a variety of other activities. Children's water play area, children's pool, Spas, Poolside massages, and Cabannas for rent with anything you want in them, even TV, Phone, fax/internet in case you have to work while the family enjoys the pool area.
    • Music - Awesome rock music is piped everywhere!
    • Grounds - Immaculate landscaping, absolutely beautiful.
    • Bars - Velvet bar with live music and great atmosphere and home to the Hard Rock Rocking Horse which you will find on all hard rock cafe menus, the last Thursday of the month the velvet bar overflows to the lobby and balcony for Velvet sessions with live bands, tickets required. the Beach Club Bar poolside - excellent food and libations, fun staff very attentive. But careful they do take on an 18% gratuity!
    • Restaurants - Ate at all of them this trip, the Palm (D) was a disappointment, the steak was perfect but the service was very slow, a glass of wine, fillet, and baked potato ran me around $97. The kitchen(B,L,D) was great, the food and service where really good and got to hang with Homer and Bart Simpson that night, they also have a kids only area where parents can drop off the kids to eat and play while they enjoy a grown up dinner. The Beach club is good for a quick burger or Sandwich, and the Ice cream parlor on site has some great concoctions as well as Starbucks Coffee, and assorted pastries and snacks.
    • Club Level - Don't be surprised if you run into the band who's playing at the Hard-rock Cafe at Citywalk or Velvet session up there! They stay on property, the club level lounge has a wide variety of Breakfast items (hot and cold) and serves light snacks in the afternoon and heaver fare in the evening. Computer and Internet access as well as some other services are also available.

For the smallest of the on site properties (only about 650 rooms) it's really a nice hotel and a lot of fun to say in. I would definitely stay there again.
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

• MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...

I saw "Pet Friendly" and had to jump on that...do the Universal Parks (Studios and IOA) have kennels? The reason I'm asking is when we take our corgi with us, she's a bit of a barker if we're not around. The idea is that she can spend the night with us in the hotel and then the kennels during the day. She's fine in a kennel--where ever there is action that can distract her, she won't bark. If she's left alone in a hotel room? Woof-city.

Figured I'd ask. The hotel looks fantastic.

Peace,
    Roo
    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

• Disneyholic

No they actually have rooms specifically flagged as "pet rooms" and if you book a room with the pet you will get one of those rooms, if you don't you will not. This is done for people with pet allergies so they are not exposed to the rooms.

Per our Universal Rep who was giving us the VIP Tour of all the Lowes Properties all 3 hotels: HardRock, Portifino Bay, and the Royal Pacific operate this way. And the Doggies get a pair of dog bowls, place mat, and a Lowes loves pets dog collar at check in. There is a modest cleaning deposit required for Pet rooms. The rooms are somewhat isolated, and the staff is used to the animals and some carry treats etc with them and they informed us that most dogs who are used to traveling are well behaved.

I would say you know your dog better than anyone, if you think they will be ok I say go for it, if you are afraid the dog will be barking all day or destructive if left alone etc. you may want to wait until they have had more experience traveling. From what I can tell they are very pet friendly more so than other hotels in the area but whether to take you pet on vacation is a very personal decision that only you (and your pet) can make.

Blog Entries

I saw "Pet Friendly" and had to jump on that...do the Universal Parks (Studios and IOA) have kennels? The reason I'm asking is when we take our corgi with us, she's a bit of a barker if we're not around. The idea is that she can spend the night with us in the hotel and then the kennels during the day. She's fine in a kennel--where ever there is action that can distract her, she won't bark. If she's left alone in a hotel room? Woof-city.
    Yes, they do have a pet kennel and I've used it before. The only problem is that its a long way from the action. Its in the very bottom level of the parking garage. We left our dog with them once, and they treated her wonderfully. The kennels only allow dogs during the park hours however, they will not keep them overnight. So you'd have to make certain to pick them up before they close.

You can find information about their kennels on this page.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I've also heard on several occasions that Universal is very service dog friendly and much more accommodating to them than Disney is.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...

This is very tempting. She's a great dog and loves to travel with us. We took her to the Great Sand Dunes this past summer and I thought, with her being so low to the ground, the heat of the parking lot concrete and the sand was going to be too much. She was a champ and we had plenty of water. There was also a creek and she sloshed and just stood in the mud.

This kinda derailed the thread and I apologize, I'll start up a separate thread should there be further questions.

In the meanwhile, this moves these hotels up on the lists of places to visit. The plan is to move out to Florida soon enough to enjoy these things.

Thanks all.
    Peace,
    Roo
    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

• Disneyholic

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    I've also heard on several occasions that Universal is very service dog friendly and much more accommodating to them than Disney is.

Absolutely! There are a few things Disney can learn from Loews and Universal in this regard... (And some others too but thats a topic for another thread... ) Personally I would not take my Dog to Disney, but after seeing how the Hard Rock, Portifino bay, and Royal Pacific hotels at Universal cater to pets I would consider taking my Dog there if I could not find a pet sitter.