• CSR Man!!

Mini trip review - CSR

Day 1

Hi everyone, got back Sunday but was too tired to start writing a review. I definitely need a vacation this morning. Since it was a short trip, it was go, go , go. But I will say there were no problems with the cheerleaders that stayed at CSR and I didn't see or notice any Pop kids at the resort.

We landed at MCO around 6pm. It was a beautiful night, well at least for us northerners. It was about 74 degrees. ME was empty and since our last trip in Feb, they changed it so that you no longer have to check in at the counter. We walked right up to the podium and were checked in. We were second in line for CSR/AK ME bus. But once we loaded, since there was only 10 of us going to CSR, they added Pop and CBR to the trip. We arrived at the resort around 7:30p. We did online check in and walked right up to the counter. I didn't make any requests this trip or send in a fax since it was only for a few days. Our check in took literally two minutes. The CM was very friendly.

Our room was ready. It was in rancho 7a (7191). Very good spot for someone with a car or who doesn't go to the main building often. The room is close to the parking lot and bus stop #3 and a short walk to the main pool. The room is very clean. The door on the cabinet that housed the fridge had some nicks in the wood on the bottom edge but nothing major.

We were going to go to DtD that first night but since it was late and we were a bit tired, we headed off to the PM instead. There was a small line but we got in within a few minutes. There is a new DDP sign at the podium.

The CM that sat us asked if we had dine there before and if we knew how it worked. We said yes, many times. We were given menus and one of them was different so when I asked, the CM stated that they had just changed to a new menu today and the odd one was missed in the switch. Photos have been added under the menu section of the forum.

My DW had a steak and cheese with fries (very good), I had the market nachos, large portion and tasty and my DD had a caesar salad.

After dinner, we headed to Cafe Rix for some mint choc chip and cookies and creme gelato...yummy!

We walked around the resort to take pictures of all the decorations and then called it a night. The next two days would be full so we decided to call it a night.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCUEKet1VHU]Video of decorations at CSR[/ame]

• CSR Man!!

Re: Mini trip review - CSR

Day 2

The weather today called for rain. It was misting during the morning so my DD wanted to head to Epcot to try the new ride, A Sum of All Thrills. She loved the Create a Coaster at Disney Quest so she really wanted to check out this new ride. We arrived at 8:35am for a 9am opening and the gates were empty. Not many people at all. We were 5th in one of the lines. They opened about 8:50am and we walked right up to the door at Innoventions and waited until 9am. We were first in line and only about 10 more people came after us. We rode the ride three times with no line. My DD loved it. Here is a video of my DD and DW riding.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52XG42WXCfM]A Sum of All Thrills[/ame]

Then we headed out the back door and over to Test Track. We walked right on, through the show and onto the ride. Very few people in sight. I was amazed. Maybe the threat of rain kept people away early in the morning.

We then walked over to Soarin' and the line was 25 mins so we decided to grab a bite to eat at Seasons. I love there Sushi for breakfast. It is really quite good. My DW and I split one and DD had the kids french toast. The food is good and prices are reasonable.

Are main focus this trip was to see all the decorations so that was it for rides. We walked over to see the Epcot tree before we headed to the International Gateway to visit the Boardwalk resorts. The tree was awesome!

First up was the Beach Club. The lobby was active this morning and the decorations were terrific. (Will post pictures tonight) We loved the carousel! My DD actually took most of the photos this trip. I'm still in denial that she is now 16...it just seems like yesterday that we were here for her 5th birthday and she was running around telling everyone she could. I don't know if I never noticed before or not but there were lots of guest visiting with grandparents. My wife and I always talked about being like that with my DD and her family (in the far, far future of course).

Then we headed over to the Yacht Club, this lobby was fantastic! I give it a slight edge of the BC. We walked around and soaked in all the holiday atmosphere. The train scene was terrific!

We then took the Friendship V over to the Boardwalk. Of the three resorts in this area, this was our favorite decorated lobby. The fireplace scene in chocolate was my favorite. It had Donald stuck in the flue.

We visited some of the stores along the Boardwalk. It was around 11:30am and some were just opening up. By now the rain was starting to get a bit heavier so we decided to head back to Epcot for our ADR.

We had an ADR at the Rose & Crown. This was our first time eating there. We all enjoyed it. My DW and DD had the fish & chips and I had the Bangers & Mash with a few tasty pints of course. After lunch, we took the Friendship boat back to DHS.

• CSR Man!!

Day 2 - part 2

At DHS, again the park was not that crowded. The big tree out front was awesome. DD grabbed a few photos and we zipped through bag check and entered the park. We headed towards Sunset Blvd and ToT and RnR. ToT had a 20 min wait so we went on the ride. The actual wait was maybe 10 mins. My DD rode it again then we headed over towards RnR. The wait time was 30 mins but it only took us 15-20 mins to get through the line.

We then though lets give TSM a try. The wait time was 80mins but like the others, we though it would be less. WRONG! Well, 5 mins less. It took 75 mins. But hey, it was our only long line all day. After that, we departed DHS and headed for MK. This is what I waited to see...the castle lighting ceremony. We took a bus to the TTC and hopped on the monorail to MK. It had been raining on and off all day but my DW and I had rain jackets on and my DD used an umbrella. We arrived at MK and got right through bag check and into the park. This was around 4:00pm. We rode Buzz (my DD actually beat me for the first time and she was alone) because the wait time was 0. Just walked right on. Then we tried the new Space Mtn. The changes are very cool! Wait time was about 20 mins.

By this time it started to rain a bit harder. We grabbed a hot chocolate at Cosmic Ray's and stayed there for about 15 mins. We all decided since it was so close to the castle ceremony, we'd brave the weather. Again, it was off and on all day but for the last hour (5:30pm to 630pm) it got heavier at times but still manageable. Plus we were still pretty dry.

Now for the main event, its 6:27pm and as Murphy's law would have it, here comes the heavy rain. You have got to be kidding me. Now my DW and I are starting to get wet but hey, the show is going to start any second, right. We knew going in that the little ceremony with the characters was going to be canceled because of the rain but were optimistic about the lights. Just as the lights went on, we could see a little sparkle/glimmer on the castle...here we go! And poof, gone. On comes the announcement that due to technical difficulties, the ceremony would be delayed. At this point my DW was drenched, we all decided to wait until Saturday. We wouldn't get to see the ceremony but we would see the castle lights. The park was closing at 7pm that night for the MVMCP. I felt bad for those people who bad. As we were leaving, droves of people were coming in. The rain was heavy all night.

We went back to the resort, had another very good dinner at the PM and called it a night. We accomplished a lot of what we planned for that day so overall it was great! other than the rain that started at 6:27pm, it was fine all day.

• CSR Man!!

Day 3

Saturday was the day we planned to visit the rest of the deluxe resorts, DtD, DHS (for Osbourne Lights) and MK) because it was open until 1am). A lot to do but it was worth it.

So we started with breakfast. What better way to kick off a big day than by going to Chef Mickey's. We took a taxi to the Contemporary (cost was $12.20 + tip) because our ADR was for 7:20am. We would have taken the bus but as we approached the bus station (6:35am), the MK bus was just leaving so we didn't want to take any chances by waiting for the next one. We were seated right away. We even got out of having our photo taken. I like all the changes they did with the Chef Mickey's area. They were very nice. New waiting area with flat panel TV, larger seating area and more dining tables. The breakfast was terrific, our server was very good and the atmosphere was perfect. Great start to the day!

Then we went back to the Cont lobby to check out the decorations. I have to say that of all the resorts we visited, the Cont had the least best. They really didn't have that much at all. I was shocked.

We then hopped onto the monorail and went to the Poly. Again I was expecting great things but was kinda let down. There wasn't a whole lot and when I asked at the desk about the scenery I'd seen on TV, the Cm said they didn't do it this year. I was bummed.

But we did spend some time walking around the resort and I really liked the look. I said to DW we should give it a try but she wasn't crazy about it as I was.

The next stop was the GF. Now this lobby was everything I thought it would be and more. Simply beautiful! The gingerbread house is spectacular. It was smaller than all the shows I saw because they talked about how you could go inside of it but this year's version was smaller. It had a walk up window do purchase cookies instead. But if I didn't know that, it was still grand. I would like to stay there a few nights during the holidays.

From the GF, we took the monorail back to MK to catch the boat over to WL. It was just misting but we didn't have any rain coats or umbrellas because the forecast was for a great beginning around noon.

I'd never been to WL so I was excited to see the lobby and resort. It too was very nice and the lobby tree was massive. But the lobby is as dark as I've read about. I loved the fireplace, that was HUGE!

From WL, we took a bus to DtD. DtD was crowded, but we wanted to do some shopping. I had to get a Ghirardelli hot chocolate. WOW! Was that worth the ride alone. The whipped cream was so rich and delicious.

After spending some time there, we headed back to the room to drop off our stuff so we could continue to DHS. It was around 3:30 when we headed back to DHS so we decided to go to the ESPN Club for a late lunch/early dinner. THere was a short line but it only took about 15 mins to get in. The food there is very good! My DD had the philly cheesesteak (huge), my DW had the Cuban sandwich and I had the corned beef on rye. The meals are tasty and portions generous.

After the ESPN Club, we headed to DHS and the Osborne Lights. I couldn't wait to experience this. As we entered, I had to cancel a ADR I made for H&V. At the podium, someone was trying to get in so I offered them my ADR. It was my magic making moment for the trip.

We got to the Streets of America and waited about 40 mins. All I can say is this show lived up to all the billing. It was tremendous! This made the trip!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaQOxL4rHCI"]Osborne Lights Video 1[/ame]

Osborne Lights Video 2 - CLICK HERE

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCaDgOtt-EU"]Osborne Lights Video 3[/ame]

After DHS, we took a bus over to the TTC and headed back to MK to see the castle with all the lights. It was as beautiful as all the pictures I've seen. We took it all in then hit a few rides before the Spectro Magic parade started. We rode POTC (15 min wait), BTMRR (5 mins) and HM (20 mins). Then we headed over to the little shop that sells funnel cakes. We got one just as the parade was passing by. We stood between the funnel cake stand and the castle. It was a great spot. The floats came over the bridge towards the Hall of Presidents. After the parade, we waited the hour in front of the castle for Wishes. This was the first time I saw this up close and it was incredible. My second favorite show this trip after Osborne Lights.

After the show, we did some shopping on Main Street while the hoards of people headed for the buses. Has anyone every tried a white chocolate caramel apple pie candied apple from the store on Main Street USA? WOW! They are good. [/b][/color]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BgKponqems"]Spectro Magic Video[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2r2afHi3_g8"]Spectro Magic Video[/ame]

Wishes Video - CLICK HERE

• CSR Man!!

Day 4

Not much going on this day because it was departure day. ME was picking us up at 8:45am. We just had a quick breakfast at Cafe Rix. The egg, cheese and bacon sandwiches are huge for $6.50 and good too.

This morning I got to spent time talking with John and Lisa (friends that work at concierge). It was good being able to talk with them for awhile before departing.

Vacation was/is over and it was time to get back to reality.

• Don't mess with the duck!

Nice report. I really liked the videos, too.

• CSR Man!!

Quote Originally Posted by DonDuck View Post
    Nice report. I really liked the videos, too.
    Thanks!!