Smile renovated wdw hotels

Hi,

I was just wondering which WDW on property resorts have been recently renovated? I know that Coronado Springs is had been redone, however on the official disney website they don't mention the renovation and they show old pictures of the rooms. The old rooms don't look very nice so I don't know why they haven't updated this. Also many of the other hotels appear to need a reno, and I was wondering if maybe like coronado, they have been done but the website just isn't showing it. Thanks!

• Main Street Maniac

Re: renovated wdw hotels

I was browsing for the perfect balance between fair price and quality service and stumbled upon the Holiday Inn on Disney property, which recently got completely renovated. I couldn't fine though any review. Too new or too bad? ;-)
    Visit my blog at

2008: Disneyland (15 years after the 1st visit!)
    2007: World of Disney New York City
    2006 Disneyland Resort Paris
    1992: Euro Disney Resort
    2005: Tokyo Disney Resort
    1998-2005: Disneyland Paris
    1997: Walt Disney World
    1993: Disneyland

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Port Orleans French Quarter was being redone last summer.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Disneyholic

Disney does "Soft" refurbs every 2-3 years or as needed to replace bed linens, do re-painting, etc. This is fairly rootine and guests typically don't even notice apart from the Donald Duck wet paint signs people steal as souvenirs... if they get snatched before the paint dries well then people notice...

They also do "Hard" refurbs where they actually re-do the rooms completely, this used to be a 5-10 year thing but they have been more flexible in the past few years, taking advantage of slow booking periods to do Hard refurbishments. Most of the Deluxe and Moderate resorts have been re done in the past few years, with updated Flat screen TV's (deluxe and Coronado), furniture, fixtures etc. Pirate and Nemo rooms where about 2 years ago for CBR. I think next up on the rotation would be the Value resorts, some of the all stars resort buildings are showing some wear and tear.
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

• CSR Man!!

The CSR renovation was completed last September. New everything!

I don't think POFQ has been done yet but there are rumors that it will happen this fall.

CBR had the rooms painted and added the nemo motif to the rooms.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by massimo View Post
    I was browsing for the perfect balance between fair price and quality service and stumbled upon the Holiday Inn on Disney property, which recently got completely renovated. I couldn't fine though any review. Too new or too bad? ;-)
    Yeah this one *just* reopened after a major multi-year refurb (they got hit hard by Hurricane Charley). It looks nice from the photos I've seen on hotels.com. I almost booked a room there when I go to Orlando at the end of July as I could get a room for $69/night, but I opted for the Holiday Inn Express just down the road on Palm Parkway instead for $65/night for a king room and free hot breakfast!

• CSR Man!!

I don't know why WDW has still not updated their website but at least they have changed it to queen beds.

Standard Room Photos

• Disneyholic

Yeah they are really slow to update the room photos and descriptions on the official Disney sites, on the TA portal most of the room diagrams we see do not reflect any of the new changes, for example they still show the old Full sized TV's vrs flat panels in all the deluxe resorts as well as CSR which is a shame the redesigned TV's and furniture really open up the rooms dramatically. I guess they just don't want to pay someone to re-draft the room layouts or put up new room photos.

Did you notice the DTD maps still show pleasure island on most of them you see online? I still get questions about hours for the clubs, etc. from clients who find them online. It's heartbreaking to tell them no Kungaloosh for you.

Same thing with the newer DVC add-ons, the maps of Saratoga Springs do not show the tree houses and there are no online maps for BLT yet. I think they wait until they absolutely have to update things and then do them all at once, probably tied to the web site or marketing budgets if I had to guess.
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...