Thread: Hotels

Talking Hotels

My Wife and I are looking to go to Disney this summer,we stayed in the value hotels last time and we are looking to upgrade hotels.We are looking for suggestions on what hotel to stay at,we donot have any children ,we are the kids. We like nice ppols ,resturants and fun times.Please help us choose a hotel,and please give us a little discription of the hotel.
    Thanks
    Ivan and Marianne

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Re: Hotels

Are you looking for just one upgrade to moderate, or to deluxe?

I would recommend Port Orleans French Quarter for Moderate - small, intimate, romantic resort themed to New Orleans- a food court, but a leisurely boat ride to Downtown Disney for more restaurants...a lounge with live music certain nights, a large pool to avoid too many families and ability to use the Riverside Pools if you choose.

For Deluxe I would recommend Wilderness Lodge. It's themed to the Park Lodges of Yosemite, etc. (Complete with geyser!) An absolutely amazing resort that feels miles away from Walt Disney World. Great pools, wonderful theming with trails, hidden areas, lots of great activities (bicycling, marina, etc.) I've never eaten there, but I've heard great things about Artist Point as well.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

•   
    • At one w/ our Disneyness

I must recommend Boardwalk Inn and Villas. Very centrally located making parks access a snap via boat/bus/foot. Gr8 pool w/ nice poolside bar -- to keep hydrated!
    Just countin' the days til the next visit!

• Adventures with Duffy

We have stayed at Boardwalk twice. Very nice hotel. Im not a fan of the buses at this resort. Because its the last stop after 4 other hotels. So they are full and it takes a long time to get out of the hotel. Where when we stayed at Pop, never had a bus problem.

I have heard great things about Port Orleans, both Riverside and French Quarter.

I read somewhere, so Im not sure its right. At Port Orleans FQ guest aren't able to control the temp in there own rooms. Has anyone stayed there lately and can confirm this?

We always stay at Boardwalk, love it there. One thing wrong is the bus service and I have to agree with Janell completely on that. It's lovely there in the evening with the Boardwalk they have food, shopping, biking, boats and much more. We request a room overlooking the Lake and have always gotten one the noise is not much and only when the doors are open. Found the rooms we've had to be very roomy for 4 adults and one scooter.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Janell View Post
    I read somewhere, so Im not sure its right. At Port Orleans FQ guest aren't able to control the temp in there own rooms. Has anyone stayed there lately and can confirm this?
    I stayed there last July and don't remember having an issue with the temperature control at all...
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Adventures with Duffy

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
    I stayed there last July and don't remember having an issue with the temperature control at all...
    That is good to know. Thank you.