• Minion

Annual Passholder Hotel Discounts...

Greetings all,
    The wifey and I are planning a trip to WDW in January and will be staying at the Wilderness Lodge for 6 nights.
    We are annual passholders at Disneyland and visit it at least once per month.
    I was trying to figure out if I should book the room and tickets as a package deal or if I should buy the new Disney Premier Annual Passport for $700.00 ($278.00 of this is offset by not having to buy my Disneyland Pass) and book the room using the Annual Passholder Discount.
    The only problem is I can't see what the Passholder rates would be for Wilderness Lodge without already having a pass.

So my question is this:
    Does anyone know what the Annual Passholder discount would be as compared to the package rates for the Wilderness Lodge?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Mike
    Life is far too short for bland food!

Flickr page: www.flickr.com/ringoffirehotsauce
    You Tube: www.youtube.com/ringoffireguy
    Facebook: http://profile.to/michaelgreening/
    Twitter: http://twitter.com/RingofFire1
    Personal website: www.mikeanddianes.com

Re: Annual Passholder Hotel Discounts...

To be honest, I have also tried to find it, and failed miserably. because of things like this. I've been using mouseketrips.com for the last few years, and the people there handle all of it for me. Very easy, and I've even had times where the rate dropped after I was booked, and they got me the difference back. Not to bad.
    Also, I only use them for the room since I already have my Annual Pass. They are not pushy in any way, and very helpful.
    Jaxum- Disneyland Aficionado!
    Disneyland, WDW, and DLPR Annual Passholder
    D23 1st Day Charter Member
    My Disneyland and WDW videos and photos!
    http://youtube.com/tkfore21 .... http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaxum_readis/sets/

Disney days for 2009:
    Disneyland:(27) / Tokyo Parks:(4) / WDW:(19)
    Total Days in the parks for 2009: 50!
    Disney days for 2010:
    Disneyland: (27) / WDW:(31) / DLRP: (6)
    Total Days so far in the parks for 2010: 63!
    D23 and Other events:
    Expo '09, Candlelight Spectacular '09, Magic and Merriment '09, D23 Anniversary DL/WDW, Studio Tour April '10, Disney Archives 40th Anniversary, Destination D: Disneyland 55, Disneyland Scavenger Hunt, Sip and Stroll '10, Tangled Screening, TRON Pop-up Shop, Magic & Merriment '10, Everest Challenge '09, Adventurer's Club Weekend '09, DL Candlelight '09, Gumball Rally '10, WDW Radio 24 Hour Live Show '10, Disneyland's 55th Anniversary, Pacific Northwest Mouse Meet '10, Mickey's Halloween 5k '10,WDW Radio Walkabout '10, ConGaloosh '10, DL Candlelight '10

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxum View Post
    To be honest, I have also tried to find it, and failed miserably. because of things like this. I've been using mouseketrips.com for the last few years, and the people there handle all of it for me. Very easy, and I've even had times where the rate dropped after I was booked, and they got me the difference back. Not to bad.
    Also, I only use them for the room since I already have my Annual Pass. They are not pushy in any way, and very helpful.
    Thanks for the tip. I noticed on your Flickr page that you have visited DLR Paris and Tokyo. We were kind of flipping a coin between going to WDW in January or to Tokyo Disneyland instead. We went to WDW once before, 2 years ago and really enjoyed it.
    Any thoughts on which you would choose?
    Life is far too short for bland food!

Flickr page: www.flickr.com/ringoffirehotsauce
    You Tube: www.youtube.com/ringoffireguy
    Facebook: http://profile.to/michaelgreening/
    Twitter: http://twitter.com/RingofFire1
    Personal website: www.mikeanddianes.com

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

The best I can offer is http://www.mousesavers.com which at least has the percentage off the rack rates for AP discounts.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Happy Haunt

I'd call the Disney travel company. They are insanely helpful. I booked my next trip with them and saved $200 off what I could get online. Tell them your background and they will help you find the cheapest combination possible. You could also try a travel agent. I believe we have an official one on here.

• Duane

Hot Sauce 1- You will save 40%-45% off the regular room rate using the Annual Passholder discount. The reason you cannot find it posted anywhere is because it's simply not posted yet. Disney always offers room discounts for Annual Passholders at Disney World but they're usually announced only a few months before the dates. The current discounts are offered for stays through August 14. I always watch this link MouseSavers.com - Disney Discount Source - Disney World Discounts, Disneyland Discounts, Disney Cruise Discounts for the latest available discounts. After clicking on this link, look in the right hand column and scroll down to where it lists Annual Passholder Discounts. There will absolutely be an Annual Passholder discount for a stay in January but the "codes" to use for these discounts won't be announced until late in the year. In the past, I've paid $149 a night to stay at Wilderness Lodge using the Passholder discount.

i called wdw reservations, and they said no a/p discount for us since we go during peak seasons. seems as though the only advantage to the ap is it's a lot cheaper to have that than pay for tickets for 2 separate trips. no aaa discount either. oh well.

• Disneyholic

Perhaps I can help shed some light here.

Ok First off the Package rates for 2011 have not yet been release yet, so anything you get quoted will be the higher "non-guaranteed" rates for now for room only. Once the rates are released (officially they say September-October on the res desk but typically late August we'll start getting them) you can then change that room-only rate into a package. Right now the best any of us can do for our customers is use the existing 2010 rates and try to provide an estimate of what it might cost in 2011.

That being said go though a Travel Agent that specializes with Disney, they know how this process works and will walk you though it and be up front with you about it. Use one who will talk to you on the phone and not just by email/web based systems... Also ask if they will rebook you at a lower rate if one comes out and help with your planning, some of us do others don't. Ask if there are any agency specials or incentives for booking though them as well. Don't be put off if they tell you they cannot give you a firm price right now, they are just being honest.

None of us know for sure what changes will happen in 2011, ticket prices could change, packages could be completely redone again, Dining options could change again, we simply have no idea until it's officially announced. AAA and some of the other "bulk" vendors offer a lower than disney price up front but with this much time before the trip you can almost always do better with a Authorized Disney Travel Planner/earmarked Travel agency who will rebook it for you when new offers are released. Pluse you don't have to worry aboutit or having to deal with the ridiculous change fees the bulk vendors sometimes charge.

Finally don't deal with the ones that want you to fork over money to them up front to do travel planning, we get paid by Disney, Universal and the other vendors of travel we may not be getting rich doing it but we do it because we love doing it, we work hard to save you money because we know you will come back to us again and again, you shouldn't have to pay for someone to pay attention to you IMHO.

(Note: Disney does sometimes impose a change fee of $25 to rebook a room if it's cheaper than what you had booked inside the 45 day full payment window. Usually you save more even with that penalty so it's a non issue. I have heard horror stories of people being charged as much as $300 for changes though the bulk vendors to cancel and rebook a trip , honestly I don't see how they justify charging that much.)

Now is it cheaper to upgrade to the Gold Pass for just one trip? I don't think it would be, especially if they offer one of those stay 4 get 3 free type offers again next year around that time I would sit tight on that one. AP Discounts are not as great as they used to be at WDW, and typically don't make a major dent till later in the year. So for a January trip It probably isn't worth the extra money but let your agent/planner know you have that option so they can work it both ways once the rates come out so you know for sure!

Best of luck to you and have a wonderful trip next year!
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...