Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Re: Wilderness Lodge vs. Swan/Dolphin

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
    If you are serious about this, the beds at the Swan and Dolphin beat the Disney beds hands (heads?) down. One of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in.
    Yoyo you beat me to it. The beds at the Swan and Dolphin are amazing! Honestly when it comes to an actual hotel experience the Swan and Dolphin beat the Disney properties. When it comes to the resort experience the Disney properties best the Swan and Dolphin.

I have the same school of thought as Dusty. If S&D is cheaper, stay there, enjoy your good night rest, walk or boat it to Epcot or DHS, and spend that saved money on a phenomenal meal at the Flying Fish, Narcosse, or Victoria and Alberts (I choose this one, 7 course meal, your own private maid and butler.. named Victoria and Albert, live music, no more than 30 people in the restaurant, a custom crafted meal by the chef for that day and it is 1 of 2 five diamond restaurants in Florida... also no kids allowed... if you want a truly memorable dinning experience, and a nitro romantic one... go with V&As.)

I actually would eat only sandwiches my entire WDW vacation, and then just blow my food budget on a night at V&As.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

A link to more information on V&A's at Victoria & Albert's | Grand Floridian Resort & Spa Dining & Restaurants | Walt Disney World Resort

It is fun... it requires a dress code... I love getting all gussied up and being all fancy.

• Disney aficionado

Nice thanks KingEric i'll keep V&A in mind. I do like places with a dress code, however, it does require special packing for me haha. Its so hard to try all the "bests" at WDW in one trip. Like Le Cellier looks grandiose. Also, my wife is a 50's fan so the 50's Prime Time Cafe in DHS, she'll probably love. If "Be our guest" is open in Magic Kingdon, that is another must as she's a Beauty and the Beast fan.

As for the beds I meant cleanliness wise. Comfort wise is important too, however, if the beds are decent it probably won't matter too much. I did suspect the Swan/Dolphin beds were superior to the Disney's at any of the Disney resorts. Thanks for confirming that. If the prices for the WL lodge seem unreasonable I can still fall back to Swan/Dolphin which should be a great stay too. In fact the only reason why I'm not going with the Swan/Dolphin is that I'm trying to give my wife something special. We've stayed at some pretty nice hotels before but never at a Disney themed one.

The prices between WL and Swan and Dolphin honestly may be $150 different tops. Maybe, $100. I posted this thread and got lots of positive responses for WL. Now it seems like the tide is turning lol.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Quote Originally Posted by Yackerz View Post
    Nice thanks KingEric i'll keep V&A in mind. I do like places with a dress code, however, it does require special packing for me haha. Its so hard to try all the "bests" at WDW in one trip. Like Le Cellier looks grandiose. Also, my wife is a 50's fan so the 50's Prime Time Cafe in DHS, she'll probably love. If "Be our guest" is open in Magic Kingdon, that is another must as she's a Beauty and the Beast fan.

As for the beds I meant cleanliness wise. Comfort wise is important too, however, if the beds are decent it probably won't matter too much. I did suspect the Swan/Dolphin beds were superior to the Disney's at any of the Disney resorts. Thanks for confirming that. If the prices for the WL lodge seem unreasonable I can still fall back to Swan/Dolphin which should be a great stay too. In fact the only reason why I'm not going with the Swan/Dolphin is that I'm trying to give my wife something special. We've stayed at some pretty nice hotels before but never at a Disney themed one.

The prices between WL and Swan and Dolphin honestly may be $150 different tops. Maybe, $100. I posted this thread and got lots of positive responses for WL. Now it seems like the tide is turning lol.
    I will let you know that my perspective is a bit different. I have worked at all the Disney Deluxe properties, either as a front desk CM, or as a statused manager, or covering management duties. I have seen almost every room type on property, and have slept in every disney hotel. So my eye, and my reasonings are a bit different than the average day guest. At either property you will have a phenomenal time.

Though to maybe give you a little bit more to play with... if you are looking for a great Disney resort experience, and pricing even closer to the S&D you should really look into the Animal Kingdom Lodge. It has probably the best reasonably priced restaurant on property (Boma), amazing facilities, and the intimacy of the Savannah is truly amazing. People complain that it is far away and blah blah blah.. I think the intimacy, the comfort, and a lot of times the great deals you can get on it are worth the extra travel time.

• Disney aficionado

haha.. yes, I did consider the AKL. Looking at the prices, it was the same as the Wilderness Lodge. If the AKL was where the WL is, I would probably go with it. Ya the location argument is the main factor that deterred me away from it. Truth be told I rather be closer to Magic Kingdom than Animal Kingdom. Also, WL has the boats that go to MK and the contemporary. Of course, I might not use those boats but once for the ride. *shrugs*... haha... I already convinced my wife to go with the WL. However, if I wanted to I could convince her to go with S&D or AKL for that matter.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123