• CSR Man!!

Last edited by buzz2001; 11-15-2010 at 06:07 AM.

• MiceChat Travel Partner

Re: Coronado Springs Resort

Really nice! Thanks for sharing!
    MiceChat Preferred Travel Partner

Contact us to book your next Disney Vacation!

• CSR Man!!

The Pepper Market menus have been updated
    once again and it looks like some old favorites are back. Rib eye steak
    and the infamous WET BURRITO have returned!!! I'm doing the happy dance
    right now!! Also, the Wok station is back.

• World Traveler

I just stayed here this past weekend and really enjoyed it. I thought it was a more "adult" resort than the other moderates. The food and service at the Pepper Market was great, as was the transportation to the parks.

• CSR Man!!

Coronado Springs has a few new categories. You’ll find the Standard View, Water View and King Bed Rooms, as well as some Suites which are mostly geared to the business traveler. They now have Preferred Rooms in Casitas 1 and 2 as well as Cabanas 9A and 9B. You can also book a Preferred Water View or a Preferred King Room.

• CSR Man!!

UPDATE...looks like the Preferred Rooms will be in Casitas 1, 2 & 3 only.

I used to manage at this property and I love it. The resort is tucked away from the crowds, but going during a big convention will either excite you as there is lots of mingling to do with conventioneers or scare you as they can take over the resort. Either way, it is very relaxing and if you plan to go, check in and get right to your room, well leave your luggage in the car or have a bellman take it. The rooms are spread out...

Don't forget to venture to the Lost City of Gold during your visit to this beautiful spanish themed resort.

• formerly very helpful

I stayed there a couple of years ago. We had a good time, but I must confess this was my least favorite of the moderate priced hotels on property. Some of the employees in the food court area were not the friendliest. I was told that these employees are not Disney folk, and are contracted out for. Still.... I also didn't like having a tip figured in for a food court.
    Still, I must stress that we had a great time. The grounds are beautiful. Transportation worked well. Most everyone else we dealt with was fine.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Quote Originally Posted by sbk1234 View Post
    I stayed there a couple of years ago. We had a good time, but I must confess this was my least favorite of the moderate priced hotels on property. Some of the employees in the food court area were not the friendliest. I was told that these employees are not Disney folk, and are contracted out for. Still.... I also didn't like having a tip figured in for a food court.
    Still, I must stress that we had a great time. The grounds are beautiful. Transportation worked well. Most everyone else we dealt with was fine.
    If I am correct these are Aramark employees. I believe AFox knows.

• formerly very helpful

What is AFox?

• CSR Man!!

The CSR restaurants are operated by Springs Foods.

Palmas Services, LLC has been in Orlando for more than 25 years managing San Angel Inn, LLC and Springs Food Service, LLC for over 10 years. San Angel Inn, LLC runs the San Angel Inn Restaurant, La Cava del Tequila, La Cantina and La Hacienda Restaurant in the Mexico pavilion at Epcot World Showcase.

Springs Food Service, LLC runs the food and beverage service throughout Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort including room service, the Pepper Market, Maya Grill, Siesta’s, Café Rix, Laguna Bar, Rix Lounge and Las Ventanas.

• CSR Man!!

More CSR rehab Info
    Now – Feb. 18, 2011: The exterior of the Casitas buildings will be repainted. Each of the Casitas buildings will be repainted in a phased approach (weekdays 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.). Buildings will remain open to Guests. All work will be done using lifts and ladders, no scaffolding.

Jan. 4-28, 2011: Cabanas Bus Stop will undergo concrete replacement.

Jan. 7 – Feb. 3, 2011: Casitas Lion Fountain will be resurfaced

Jan. 18 – Feb. 11, 2011: Cabanas Leisure Pool will undergo resurfacing and deck cleaning. Dig Site Feature Pool and other quiet pools remain open.

Jan. 19 – Feb. 11, 2011: Casitas Guest Laundry will undergo interior refurbishment. Other laundry rooms will remain available.

Lastly, the perimeter road repaving will begin soon and all pool signs will be redone.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Probably the worst restaurant experience I have ever had on Disney property. I had to stand and wait while my food was cooked, yet somehow it was cold by the time I got back to my table. I also had to go get my own straw. I had to get my own food and my own drink... yet I had a "Waitress" who I had to tip. So much wait staff standing around doing nothing... I can see why. Ours sure did nothing.

I will say that the gran and go place had EXCELLENT food - we had a pizza and a panini, I think. It was crazy expensive though.

wasn't impressed with the hotel at all. Def. the least fave one I have stayed in.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...

With where I live, I drive past this resort whenever I enter the WDW areas. I've heard many good reviews and a few negatives. I do know it's also one of the few with wifi available, always a plus in my book!

I do wish to try their "Pepper Market."

Peace,
    Roo
    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend