Exclamation I need help on vacation!!!

Me and 3 of my best buds are finally going to Walt Disney World after being at Disneyland Resort for almost 15 years! I want our trip to be perfect so what is the best Hotel for the cheapest price and location? I need one room with at least 2 beds! And whats the best way to go about the park, ill be at the park for 7 days so i wanna make sure I have enough time for everything! Please Help me Micechatters!

Re: I need help on vacation!!!

The cheapest hotels are the value level ones (All-Star Sports, Music, and Movies, plus Pop Century). Don't worry so much about location because if you fly down, Disney will pick you up from the airport and take you to your hotel. Plus, they have a decent bus service that will get you to and from anywhere you want to go and it's fairly easy to follow (for example, in front of each resort there's about five different bus lines, one for Magic Kingdom, one for Animal Kingdom, one for water parks, etc. you just stand in the proper one and the bus will take you there. There's lines for the resorts at the parks). You have plenty of time to see everything in 7 days! What works best for my family are 1) Hopper Passes and 2) Extra Magic Hours. I know one night a week Magic Kingdom stays open until 3 am and Animal Kingdom opens early and there might be a couple of others. I would suggest you portion out your time so you have one theme park per day with the extra magic hours in mind. Like, go to the Magic Kingdom on Monday because it's open until 3 am that day and Animal Kingdom on Wednesday because it opens early. You won't need an entire day to go through AK, so getting in there early will allow you more time in another park if you get the hopper passes. I suggest splitting Epcot up into two days because it seems like two different theme parks between the exhibits and the World Showcase. The World Showcase doesn't open until about 10 or 11, so I think that would be a perfect thing to do after the AK. If you want dinner reservations anywhere, you have to make them six months in advance or you won't have them. If you want to go to a water park, I would suggest sticking to one because they're pretty much the same slides and play areas. If you go to MK, AK, Epcot, and Hollywood Studios one day each, take a day for a water park somewhere between all of the parks, save your sixth day to return to any park that you want, and save all of your shopping for the seventh day and go to Downtown Disney. The Disney store down there is big enough to get lost in plus there are a ton of other little shops around.
    Hopefully this helps you! I'm sorry I rambled a ton!

Hello there! So glad to see you're giving Walt Disney World a try! You won't regret it!
    Alrightee, all the information harpist1991 offered is absolutely correct. The value resorts are definitely the best option for price. They have all the magic and fun of the other resorts at a better price. The park hopper option is certainly a great thing to have if you want to be able to go to more than one park a day. When purchasing your tickets be sure to deselect the options you don't need. If you don't plan to go to the water parks then deselect that option at purchase along with other options you don't wish to have. The extra magic hours are also a great thing to take advantage of. You can check the Walt Disney World website in advance to see which parks are open longer which days. In accordance to deciding which parks you want to go to which day you'll want to make reservations for eating in those parks. I've found the best way to make reservations for dining is to call the reservation hotline (407) WDW-DINE. While we're talking about dining I would say that doing the Disney dining plan is the best way to go about dining. There are different packages to choose from to suit your party's needs at Disney Dining Plans | Walt Disney World Resort. This way your food is paid for when you get there and the way I see it you get to experience all the wonderful dining opportunites at WDW for the best price! If you want to do this though you should call as soon as possible to get to the reservations you want, they go fast! The representatives are always cheery and ready to help you with what ever you need. I always find it plesant to make a call to them. Now on to shows and paraddes! You must must must see The Main Street Electrical Parade (Magic Kingddom), Wishes Nighttime Spectacualr (Magic Kingdom), Fantasmic (Hollywood Studios), and Illuminations Reflections of Earth (Epoct)! All of them are mesmerizing! How to go about the parks? Don't rush! You're on vacation, take your time and take in all the details that the imaginers put into the parks. Look to the wait time boards to know which rides have the best wait times. Also, take advantage of the fast passes! They'll help you to get to see the attractions you want to in a shorter time than waiting in the regular line. If you find that you're baking in the sun pop into one of the many stores or a show ride. The stores are tons of fun even if you don't plan to buy anything. They all are air conditioned, play Disney songs, and are very festively decorated! In the show type rides its generally on the darker side and always air conditioned, this will give you a minute to get off your feet and still see an attraction.
    I hope this information helps! If you hav any more questions at all don't hesitate to post them here! Myself and the other micechatters are more than happy to help out!
    If not, have a magical vacation!

Also keep in mind that some of the nicer hotels have some restaurants in them too. We always go to the one in the Wilderness Lodge (I believe it's called the Whispering Canyon?) and it is so much fun. The kids get to rid around on hobby horses, food is great, and, as a rule, don't ask for ketchup. All of the waiters start yelling at each other that you need ketchup and they collect every bottle in the entire place to dump on your table! They require reservations too though so keep that in mind!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

If you're willing to stay off-property, I can recommend some nice hotels that are reasonably priced and close to the Downtown Disney area. But if you're going to stay on property, then the values are the way to go. I highly recommend Pop Century. I've stayed there many times and love it. If you're a pop culture junkie like me, you won't be disappointed.

• Minion

I stayed off property at the Blue Heron condos. We paid $58 a night for a condo that had a full kitchen and slept 8. They had a shuttle the left twice a day 8 am & 10am (This was in January) and returned at 10pm. The condos were very clean and convenient. You might want to look at discount tickets thru the Orlando magic website also. Here is the link to the condos: http://blueheronbeachresort.com

I hope you have a great trip like we did.

A great off-property hotel is the Regal Sun. Very nice place and extremely close to Downtown Disney.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003