Pop Century preferred room or Best Western Lake Buena Vista?

Help me decide! Preferred room at Pop Century, or regular room at the Best Western Lake Buena Vista. I have stayed at both, but not for many many years. I remember Best Western being pretty spacious and comfortable but not themed or "magic feeling" persay. I remember Pop Century being pretty nicely themed, but waiting in a very long line to check in, and feeling cramped in the tiny room. Price is about the same, and barely within my budget.

Anyone stay at either of these places more recently than me, offer some thoughts? Thanks guys!

• Senior Minion

Re: Pop Century preferred room or Best Western Lake Buena Vista?

I've only stayed at the Pop Century when I've gone to WDW, and while the room is on the small side I could care less. I'm there to have fun in the parks so room size isn't a big issue for me.

One of the things that cuts down on wait time for check-in is that they now offer checking in online to speed things up. I believe it is available 10 days before your stay, and there is a specific check-in line for people who do this. It was a godsend the first time we went to WDW as the regular check-in line was rather long.

• Minion

ive stayed on and off property many times. as a rule of thumb unless its, 4-5 star outside its always been worth it to bite the bullet and pay the little extra for then disney magic.

Quote Originally Posted by TikiRoomLiz View Post
    I've only stayed at the Pop Century when I've gone to WDW, and while the room is on the small side I could care less. I'm there to have fun in the parks so room size isn't a big issue for me.

One of the things that cuts down on wait time for check-in is that they now offer checking in online to speed things up. I believe it is available 10 days before your stay, and there is a specific check-in line for people who do this. It was a godsend the first time we went to WDW as the regular check-in line was rather long.
    Wow, I didn't know that! Can you tell me a bit more about how to check-in online?

Quote Originally Posted by goofy donald View Post
    ive stayed on and off property many times. as a rule of thumb unless its, 4-5 star outside its always been worth it to bite the bullet and pay the little extra for then disney magic.
    Alright, between your advice, the mixed reviews I've read about best western, the consistently good reviews of Pop Century, and the fact that I know my kids will be happier with the theming of Pop Century, we're going to stay there, though I know the small room and the double beds will annoy me, but that's OK.

I really appreciate the advice!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by lily23 View Post
    Wow, I didn't know that! Can you tell me a bit more about how to check-in online?

Alright, between your advice, the mixed reviews I've read about best western, the consistently good reviews of Pop Century, and the fact that I know my kids will be happier with the theming of Pop Century, we're going to stay there, though I know the small room and the double beds will annoy me, but that's OK.

I really appreciate the advice!
    glad i could be of service! anything else you need you know who to call haha.