All Star Movie or AofA?

We are trying to decide between a preferred room (hope for Toy Story building) at All-Star Movie or a Little Mermaid Room at AofA?
    Which one would be best for our first WDW trip?
    A must for us are nice pools since we aren't going to any of the waterparks.
    Two adults with DS (17) and DS (2) are travelling and I know Little Mermaid isn't really a "boys" theme but if the resort itself is better then they can live with it!
    One and Only WDW Visit: March 2013

DL Visits: Aug 2005, Dec 2007/Jan 2008, Oct 2010, Aug 2011, May 2012, Aug 2012, Nov 2012

Re: All Star Movie or AofA?

We stayed at the Movie Resort last weekish and the Fantasy pool looked cool for kids and big enough for your teenager. The rooms themselves were pretty decent size but no frills and minimum decoration. The bus service to Magic Kingdom was fast. We also hopped on over to the Art of Animation to see what things looked like from the outside (didn't enter any of the rooms). I was excited to see the Little Mermaid section but sadly it was my least favorite section. The pool in that area was also lacking. The Finding Nemo pool was much better although it is geared towards kids. You have access to all the pools so you would have to cross over from The Little Mermaid through The Lion King to get to Finding Nemo. While I can't speak for the inside of the rooms the resort hotel itself is worth exploring. From seeing pictures on the internet The Little Mermaid room is much more themed than the Movie resort one. Your younger son might love exploring the Cars portion of the resort. I would pick the Art of Animation resort since it is new and there is plenty to see. I am not sure about their bus service though as I constantly saw buses leaving the Movie resort and not quite as many from the Art of Animation.