• Disneyland!!

Staying at Port Orleans Resort - Riverside for one day. Is it worth it to upgrade?

I am going to Orlando for one week in June. We are staying at Port Orleans Riverside for one day then for the rest of the days we have free hotel stay at Grand Vacations Hilton Resort.

I want to enjoy the lavishness of Disney for one day and was wondering if this will suffice? Considering that we arrive in the afternoon and basically just sleeping there for the night then leaving for the Hilton the next day; would it be worth spending more money on a one night hotel stay.

Also note that we have to leave to pick up our friends the next day at 6am.

How is Port Orleans Riverside?

• Under that tree again!

Re: Staying at Port Orleans Resort - Riverside for one day. Is it worth it to upgrade

I'd enjoy some things that resort offers rather than spend on a room and stay in it the whole time. Maybe rent a boat though it's more fun at DTD or especially the Seven Seas Lagoon. Do take the boat to DTD and back. Walk along the Sassalouga river to the French Quarter and back or rent a bike or do a caraige ride along the same route. The main pool is nice. Really anjoy the atmostphere.

Plus if you have a Disney ticket maybe you want to do a evening EMH while staying onsite.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• Disneyland!!

Re: Staying at Port Orleans Resort - Riverside for one day. Is it worth it to upgrade

Thank for the advice. Just wondering is the boat ride to DTD free with hotel stay?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by dLite View Post
    Thank for the advice. Just wondering is the boat ride to DTD free with hotel stay?
    yes its part of the disney transportation network. technically even if your not staying at a disney hotel you can use the disney transportation. if I were you I would try to stay at riverside as long as possible, maybe you can afford it if there are deals going on at the time, its the best moderate at the resort IMO. another thing you should do is eat at boatrights, great restaurant and walk the grounds which are beautiful.