Question Fort Wilderness Campground

Hey gang,

My husband and I recently fulfilled a bucket list item for him. We went to WDW with his parents (first time since he was a kid). We stayed at the Cabins at Fort Wilderness. While we were there we noticed all the beautiful RVs. We live in Florida so we know the weather and the humidity. We have been to the Hoop Dee Doo Revue & the movie under the stars...so we completely love the property.

We are thinking of doing some popup camping.....so......our question is for those of you that have camped at the CG.

What kind of a rig were you in? What type of site did you chose? Is it safe to leave your campground and go into the park without chairs/personal belongings come up missing?

Any and all info & tips are welcome.

Thanks
    missymouse
    Last edited by missymouse; 09-21-2014 at 07:47 PM.

Re: Fort Wilderness Campground

Another question would be....what loop do you like to stay in...pros/cons, etc.

Thanks
    Missymouse

Re: Fort Wilderness Campground

Quote Originally Posted by missymouse View Post
    Hey gang,

My husband and I recently fulfilled a bucket list item for him. We went to WDW with his parents (first time since he was a kid). We stayed at the Cabins at Fort Wilderness. While we were there we noticed all the beautiful RVs. We live in Florida so we know the weather and the humidity. We have been to the Hoop Dee Doo Revue & the movie under the stars...so we completely love the property.

We are thinking of doing some popup camping.....so......our question is for those of you that have camped at the CG.

What kind of a rig were you in? What type of site did you chose? Is it safe to leave your campground and go into the park without chairs/personal belongings come up missing?

Any and all info & tips are welcome.

Thanks
    missymouse
    I can't comment on camping there because we always use the cabins... But I have been camping in a popup in Florida as well as just a tent... and I would strongly suggest you not do it unless you have a AC unit in your popup or are very much into true roughing it. The weather in Florida really isn't made for enjoyable camping, at least not by my definition of it... though that is my personal take on it.

I would also suggest you might try a site like www.wdwmagic.com or www.wdwinfo.com for a question like this. Those two site tend to have a lot more folks on them that are familiar with WDW than micechat.