Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• We'll hold them at bay

Who Loves the Polynesian

Why do you guys love (or not) the Polynesian resort? I haven't stayed there in quite sometime, but will be again in May. I love the location, the restaurants, and, most of all, the theming. What say you?
    www.jamboeveryone.com
    Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Re: Who Loves the Polynesian

Love the location. Convenient for both EPCOT and the MK. Also some great theming! When I stayed there, I didn't get a chance to stay in a refurbished room, but still loved the grounds, the gorgeous views, and the laid back atmosphere of the resort.

I wouldn't mind staying there again.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Little Miss Sunshine

My family stayed there every year when I as growing up - and just occasionally, I end up spending a night (I think it's been about 4 years now though since the last time - though I do visit my parents when they stay).

It's my favorite Disney resort.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

• We'll hold them at bay

Quote Originally Posted by nbodyhome View Post
    My family stayed there every year when I as growing up - and just occasionally, I end up spending a night (I think it's been about 4 years now though since the last time - though I do visit my parents when they stay).

It's my favorite Disney resort.
    I was waiting for you
    www.jamboeveryone.com

• Minion

Great resort! Of the 4 WDW resorts we've stayed so far (ASM, CBR, CSR and Poly), Poly is by far our fave.

• We'll hold them at bay

Quote Originally Posted by Pacha View Post
    Great resort! Of the 4 WDW resorts we've stayed so far (ASM, CBR, CSR and Poly), Poly is by far our fave.
    Its also by far the most expensive.
    www.jamboeveryone.com

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by MJMcB View Post
    Its also by far the most expensive.
    That is true. IMO, it's worth the extra $'s to stay at the Poly than the other resorts I listed.

• Gawrsh!

While I have never stayed at the Poly, it is by far one of my favorites to visit...at night especially. I love eating at O'Hana then walking the grounds, tiki torches glowing, palm trees swaying, sitting at the beach watching the fireworks at Magic Kingdom. Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh! I want to go there now!

• Me and Tommy Kirk

I loved the Poly back when I had a CM discount and we stayed in the rooms with an unobstructed view of the MK. That was awesome! When I went on my honemoon, though, they put us in a room that supposedly had a view of the pool (couldn't see the pool) and a view of Bay Lake (had to hang way over the balcony to see the edge of the water. That wasn't so nice. Still, it was a nice Hawaiian fix, and the service was great.

• We'll hold them at bay

Quote Originally Posted by Nutz4Disney View Post
    While I have never stayed at the Poly, it is by far one of my favorites to visit...at night especially. I love eating at O'Hana then walking the grounds, tiki torches glowing, palm trees swaying, sitting at the beach watching the fireworks at Magic Kingdom. Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh! I want to go there now!
    I'll be there in 2 weeks. 2 nights at the Poly before 7 at the Boardwalk, with May 2 ressies for 'ohana
    www.jamboeveryone.com

• Disneyholic

Wow where to begin?
    • Nostalgia - it was one of the two origional resorts on property and the one I stayed at growing up, and on my honeymoon so a lot of great memories.
    • Location - It's the only resort on property that has easy access to the resort boats, resort monorail, AND the Epcot Monorail from the T&TC next door!
    • Pool - the volcano pool with it's waterfall and water slide with sloping entry from the beach it absolutely one of the best themed hotel pools on property next to Beach and Yacht club's mini water park.
    • Theming - the south seas theme, with the tiki torches the hammocks on the beach, the lush gardens and the Hawaiian music loop just is very relaxing.
    • The rooms - The new room refurb is incredible, there are hidden mickey's to find (hint: look on the head of the desk lamp tiki for one... ) The sofa bed is actually comfortable! High speed internet access, plasma tv, coffe maker and fridge in each room and new "spa" quality toiletries are a nice touch.
    • The food, there's nothing like a good cup of coffee and the Poly has the best, 100% pure Kona coffee hmmmm. Kona Cafe is wonderful as is Ohan's, and on most nights there is live hawian music being performed in the lounge on the second floor of the great ceremonial house.
    • Torch lighting Ceremony and hula dancing - free shows at WDW! The fire dancer at the torch lighting is very fun to watch, my daughter loved it last trip. The staff usually give hula lessons and all during the day, check the schedules at the main desk for all the events.
    • The exotic Lapu Lapu the official unofficial tropical drink of Micechat
    There are so many more it's my absolute favorite hotel on the property hands down. Funny thing is it's also our daughters and every time we plan a trip she wants to stay there and we have to sell her on trying other hotels now and then.
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

Quote Originally Posted by Jerren View Post
    • staff usually give hula lessons and all during the day, check the schedules at the main desk for all the events.
    Learn to hula dance at Disney’s Polynesian Resort, where complimentary classes take place most days in the resort’s lobby. Auntie Kaui, a hula dancer and instructor with 50 years experience, leads most of the classes offered Monday through Saturday at 3:45 p.m., and Saturday mornings from 10 a.m. until noon. Weekday classes are geared toward the younger set, with leis and grass skirts aplenty, while the Saturday morning lessons encourage guests of all ages to do the hula shake. And whether guests stay for five minutes or the full two-hour Saturday classes, they’ll learn a variety of chants and dances from such tropical locales as Hawaii, Tahiti and more.

• Senior Minion

i do i do i do i do !!!
    Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

• We'll hold them at bay

Quote Originally Posted by Denise View Post
    Learn to hula dance at Disney’s Polynesian Resort, where complimentary classes take place most days in the resort’s lobby. Auntie Kaui, a hula dancer and instructor with 50 years experience, leads most of the classes offered Monday through Saturday at 3:45 p.m., and Saturday mornings from 10 a.m. until noon. Weekday classes are geared toward the younger set, with leis and grass skirts aplenty, while the Saturday morning lessons encourage guests of all ages to do the hula shake. And whether guests stay for five minutes or the full two-hour Saturday classes, they’ll learn a variety of chants and dances from such tropical locales as Hawaii, Tahiti and more.
    my daughter will dig that
    www.jamboeveryone.com

• Disneyholic

Quote Originally Posted by MJMcB View Post
    my daughter will dig that

It's fun to watch but be careful they will pull you into the fun... The torch lighting ceremony in front of the resort entrance at night is a lot of fun as well. My daughter really loved the fire dancing she thought it was cool.

And of course, don't forget to try a Lapu Lapu while your there it makes you a better dancer MJMcB

Also before I forget say hello to Kat in merchandise, she's one of those CM's that really goes above and beyond the call of duty, when my wife broke her foot last trip she ran (yes ran) all over the resort looking for a wheelchair for us and then checked in on us every time she saw us to see how we where doing the rest of the trip. Yet annother reason to love the Poly the CM's are consistently outstanding.
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast