Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Re: Let's talk food at Disney World.

You need to eat there. You are totally missing out.

• Yes?

I actually don't like Earl of Sandwich.
    Quote Originally Posted by larasound View Post
    am I the burrito man?

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I see that they are making a lot of changes to Downtown Disney at Disney World. My next trip will be in April of 09. I will have to schedule a visit to Downtown Disney in my trip.
    My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

Macadamia nut butter = CRACK!

• Sailing Away

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    Macadamia nut butter = CRACK!
    Right on girl. I tried to make my own at home, and sadly it did not turn out.
    "All our dreams can come true.....if we have the courage to pursue them."
    - Walt Disney

Oh and you were right about those pancakes!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Sometimes, I think about how much time we spend planning meals, and talking about dining plans. I guess eating is a big money maker at Disney World. Or perhaps it isn't, and that is why they are constantly changing the dining options. I didn't get to Disney World in 2008, and I am looking forward to my next trip, probably in April. I am hoping to eat some different things, and at some different places.

Has anyone ever visited a resort, that they are not staying at, just to visit their food court?
    Pop Century Resort

• Seasick

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    Has anyone ever visited a resort, that they are not staying at, just to visit their food court?
    Restaurants quite a bit, food courts not so much. I think I made just one side trip last time, to the Pepper Market at Coronada Springs, or at least a food court remarkably similair to it. I don't recall exactly which food court it was, just that there were many different food stations. I'm pretty sure it was Pepper Market, lol.
    My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

•   
    • Main Street VIPs

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Stardust View Post
    If you're a sandwich person, I HIGHLY recommend the Earl of Sandwich at Downtown Disney.
    MickeyMaxx and I love the Earl of Sandwich. We try to eat there several times each WDW trip. In fact, we drove over to Planet Hollywood while we were in Las Vegas a few weeks ago to eat at that location.
    Rick

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Pepper Market is the Food Court at Coronado Springs, and I did enjoy eating there when I stayed at Coronado last Christmas.
    Pop Century Resort

• Disneyholic

Captain Cooks at the Poly has some great sandwiches, and I love the veggie chips that come with them. (Note there is also a Self Service Dole Whip Machine!)

Sunshine Seasons at Epcot is also very good but can be bedlam at lunchtime, with a little one in tow it can be easy to become separated, but if you're not traveling with small ones or are in a large group it's nice as there is something for everyone.

Also around Epcot the Fish and Chips are good at the stand in the UK pavilion but if your there eat in the pub, no reservations required in there and you have the same menu as the rose and crown restarant. As are the brats (and beer!) in Germany, the pastries in Norway, and the crepes in France. Also if you like Yakatori and something a little different follow the garden path in Japan to check out thier "counter service" offering there...(I think the Yakatori House is a step above counterservice myself hence the quotes) it's worth the game of hide and seek to find it. In Morocco the Tangerine Cafe there is nice, very similar to the food oferings inthe table service restarant but without the belly dancers...

Lost (forever?) and sorely missed are the Beaver tails in Canada... yeah I know it's just fried dough but it was yummy!

In the MK my favorite is Pecos Bill's for the burgers with fixings bar, I sorely miss the anamatronic animal heads that would sing as people exited the Contry Bears... But the food is generally good. I also sorely miss the Adventureland verandah which closed a long time ago but had some interesting menu items like teriaki flavored hamburgers and hotdogs... Don't miss the Citrus swirls (frozen OJ swirled with vanilla soft serve) which are sold in the small Sunshine tree terace next to the tiki room which are simply awesome.

At MGM I would have to go with Tocla Legs turkey company, the rest are ok but it all seems a bit generic there when compared to the other parks... maybee it's just me though.

At AK it used to be Tusker house hands down... the new buffet is even better BTW but it's not counter service, so I have to go with Flame tree BBQ as the best there.

Outside the parks, Beaches and creme for ice creame at the Beach club resort, Wolfgang Pucks express and Earl of sandwich are really good in DTD for lunch and then walk over to Girridelli's for dessert.

Ok... I'm REALLY hungry now....
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Of those you mentioned, I have eaten the fish and chips at Epcot, and I absolutely love them. I have also dined at Beaches and Cream for a burger, and on another occasion, I helped to finish a Kitchen Sink. On my last vacation, I ate at Flame Tree BBQ.

I am definitely going to check out the Sunshine Seasons eatery in Epcot on my next visit there.
    Pop Century Resort

Quote Originally Posted by Jerren View Post
    Captain Cooks at the Poly has some great sandwiches, and I love the veggie chips that come with them. (Note there is also a Self Service Dole Whip Machine!)

Sunshine Seasons at Epcot is also very good but can be bedlam at lunchtime, with a little one in tow it can be easy to become separated, but if you're not traveling with small ones or are in a large group it's nice as there is something for everyone.
    I agree Captain Cook's is good. I tried the Hawaiian flatbread (ham & pineapple flatbread pizza) last summer and it was better than I was expecting. This past May I tried the BBQ pulled pork sandwich and it was quite tasty indeed.

And I love Sunshine Seasons.... especially the turkey sandwich. The chipotle mayo is out of this world. Thankfully Panera makes an almost identical sandwich so I can satisfy my cravings without having to drive 100 miles one way.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    Of those you mentioned, I have eaten the fish and chips at Epcot, and I absolutely love them.
    The fish & chips at the counter service place by Raglan Road is way better and honestly, more authentic. You get a HUGE piece of cod and the fat steak-fry type chips. Douse them both in some vinegar and I'm all set. Raglan Road itself has some very good fish & chips as well. I'm a sucker for good pub grub.

This is an awesome thread! I'm just starting to plan my first trip back to Disney World since 1993. I love reading about all the great places to eat! Keep'em coming

Three words:

pineapple-macadamia pancakes

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast