•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Rate Your Disney World Dining Experience

I like to ask people questions about their experiences at Disney World. This time the questions are about Disney World Dining. I thank you in advance, if you take the time to answer these 10 questions.

1. How many meals a day do you usually eat when you are vacationing at WDW?

2. Have you ever used the Disney Dining Plan. Rate it on a scale of 1 to 10.

3. Have you bought, and used the Refillable Mug? Rate the value of the mug on a scale of 1 to 10.

4. Where is your favorite place to have breakfast at Walt Disney World?

5. Name your favorite Walt Disney World dessert, or snack.

6. When you want a special meal, at WDW, where do you like to go? Rate that experience on a scale of 1 to 10.

7. Where do you go, when you want to dine with the characters? Rate this, again 1 to 10.

8. Do you plan your vacation days, around your meals, or do you just eat when you are hungry, and look for the nearest place? How much dining planning do you do on a scale of 1 to 10.

9. Have you ever had Disney Room Service? Rate that room service (1 to 10, again).

10. Now rate your entire Disneyland Dining experience on a scale of 1 to 10. You may use just one vacation, or a total of all your trips to Walt Disney World.

Now I am going to go ponder my own answers to these questions.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Re: Rate Your Disney World Dining Experience

1. How many meals a day do you usually eat when you are vacationing at WDW? At least two, and sometimes 3. I always eat breakfast, for sure.

2. Have you ever used the Disney Dining Plan. Rate it on a scale of 1 to 10. Yes, I rate it, about a 7.

3. Have you bought, and used the Refillable Mug? Rate the value of the mug on a scale of 1 to 10. .Yes, I like the souvenir, but I don't always use it every day. I rate it about a 5.

4. Where is your favorite place to have breakfast at Walt Disney World? I like to eat at the hotel food court for breakfast. I have enjoyed breakfast several times at the Rainforest Cafe, and I really enjoyed Boma for breakfast.

5. Name your favorite Walt Disney World dessert, or snack. I love a Dole Whip Float of course. I have had a lot of wonderful desserts. I wish I could remember the name of some of them. One of the perks of the Dining plan is the great desserts that you get to have

6. When you want a special meal, at WDW, where do you like to go? Rate that experience on a scale of 1 to 10. The California Grill is wonderful, and of course Ohana. I give them both a 10. I saw the fireworks at both places, and it was truly special. I celebrated my 50th birthday at Ohana in 1997, and that was great.

7. Where do you go, when you want to dine with the characters? Rate this, again 1 to 10. I don't have a favorite character experience. I have never been disappointed with any of my character meals, so overall, I give WDW Character meals a 9.

8. Do you plan your vacation days, around your meals, or do you just eat when you are hungry, and look for the nearest place? How much dining planning do you do on a scale of 1 to 10. I guess I plan about 3/4 of my dining ahead of time, so I rate this a 7.

9. Have you ever had Disney Room Service? Rate that room service (1 to 10, again). I had room service at the Beach Club and it was definitely a 10.

10. Now rate your entire Disneyland Dining experience on a scale of 1 to 10. You may use just one vacation, or a total of all your trips to Walt Disney World. I guess I will rate my overall Disney Dining experience an 8.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Usually just lunch and dinner and maybe a snack or two. I very rarely eat breakfast.

Never used it and I have no plans on ever using it as I dislike the plan for many various reasons.

3. Have you bought, and used the Refillable Mug? Rate the value of the mug on a scale of 1 to 10.
    I finally decided to take the plunge and get one back in May. I took it back with me last week. If you use it a lot, you definitely get your money's worth. For me, I'd rate it a 8.5.

I've only eaten breakfast at WDW once and that was at Kona Cafe.

The banana bread pudding with Bailey's sauce at Crystal Palace for dessert. For a snack, the Figaro Fries at Pinocchio Village Haus.

6. When you want a special meal, at WDW, where do you like to go? Rate that experience on a scale of 1 to 10.
    It depends on what I'm in the mood for. I only usually do a sit-down restaurant when I go for my birthday trip and I choose a different place each time. A few years ago I did Crystal Palace. Last year it was Chefs de France and this year it was Kona Cafe. Can't really rate any of them since it's a different place every time.

7. Where do you go, when you want to dine with the characters? Rate this, again 1 to 10.
    I normally don't do this, but if I do, I got o the Crystal Palace so I can see Tigger (my favorite). I'd give them a 7.5-8.

8. Do you plan your vacation days, around your meals, or do you just eat when you are hungry, and look for the nearest place? How much dining planning do you do on a scale of 1 to 10.
    I only do dining planning on my birthday trip, so I'd say a 1. All my other trips I eat only at the counter service restaurants.

9. Have you ever had Disney Room Service? Rate that room service (1 to 10, again).
    Never done it and no plans to do it.

10. Now rate your entire Disney Dining experience on a scale of 1 to 10. You may use just one vacation, or a total of all your trips to Walt Disney World.
    I'd say for an overall average... 7.

• We'll hold them at bay

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post

Never used. Never will. Waste of money.

9. I always use it

For a character breakfast, I would do Chef Mickey's

Dole Whip

I personally love the San Angel Inn and give it a 9. I give Boma a 10

Chef Mickey's

We usually plan one meal a day, so the parks are generally picked to some degree based on that. I guess that would be a 7 or so

No

10. Now rate your entire Disneyland Dining experience on a scale of 1 to 10. You may use just one vacation, or a total of all your trips to Walt Disney World.
    Used to be a 8 or so but it has gone down to about a 6 perhaps a 7
    www.jamboeveryone.com
    Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

• I Miss WDW

Peterhead, Scotland (i.e. Way too far away!)

usually 2, sometimes one, the heat makes me loose my appetite some times.

I have, and I am again in a month! I rate it a 10 for those of us who love disney, but have a budget!!

I bought one last trip and used it twice!! Id give it a 4.

I really enjoyed Donalds breakfastosaurus in AK!

Hmmm... tough one! I like a dole whip... as does everyone else!

We went to Narcoossee's on our last night and are going again this year, for our last night meal, gonna try and make it a tradition!! Definate 10! with fireworks maybe an 11!!

I really liked Donald's breakfast at AK - 8 , but didn't enjoy it at the Liberty Inn.

We plan, and book our meals at Table service Restauratns with dining plan, but we wouldn't stick to it like the Army - if we see somewhere else we would change!

Nope

I'd give it a 9 overall

• MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...

The majority. However, we do try to escape for a meal or two in nearby Orlando, or, at least, the Friday's across the street from Downtown Disney.

Too much thinking involved--I like a bit of freedom. I'd like to see what others think, however.
    Yep, pretty much every time we go.
    Nah. I abhor breakfast and just eat something quick in my room. Usually a bagel or a poptart. I do, however, need to have a coffeemaker. THAT is my breakfast.
    We love "Tigger Tails." Marshmellows on a stick. The Smores over at the PrimeTime Diner are fun too.
    Since we're so excited to be there, pretty much all meals are great!
    Nah, haven't done it. We don't have kids and don't see a purpose being around a few hundred whilst eating. We've already spent the days with them as it is.
    Usually, when it comes to Epcot and the Studios, we reserve, at least, dinner. Other then that, we play it by ear and mood. The problem? Everyone else does too, and there are long lines when you wish to eat. The only boon is we are two hours behind everyone else when it comes to our biological clocks (we live in Colorado). When our bodies get hungry, everyone else is done with the rush, well, usually. Planning is easy and we've never had an issue at WDW. I'd give it an 8.

For my birthday last year, we ordered the room service pizza. It was obviously frozen, but convient. It was timed very well with an arrival by Goofy with baloons and an autographed picture. I have to say, even as an adult, there's nothing like opening your door to Goofy holding a pizza. Pretty funny. 8 on that one.
    7 overall. THe quality is lacking, but they make up for it in atmosphere and style.

Peace,
    Roo
    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

• We'll hold them at bay

Quote Originally Posted by Roo719 View Post
    Too much thinking involved--I like a bit of freedom. I'd like to see what others think, however.
    Here's what I think. If its free, by all means get it.

If not, I have crunched the numbers and you really don't get a "deal", especially since they are apparently taking appetizers out of the mix.

I have also seen several people arguing over the plan. Something like "but I don't want that for a snack why can't we get this?" "But thats not part of the plan, we have go here", etc etc
    www.jamboeveryone.com
    Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

• Too far from Disney World

It depends. When we went last year we did the dining plan as it was free. So we did one sit down and one counter service a day. I packed us a bunch of breakfast type snacks as well so we could grab something quick on our way to the parks as well. We only did one breakfast last year, which was a cahracter breakfast.

Yep! We were so happy with it last year that we're using it again this year! I'd rate it at a 9 (this is for 2 adults), especially since it's free!

No. But I was thinking of getting one this year.

Donald's cahracter breakfast!

Mine: chocolate chip cookies! My sweetie enjoyed the ice cream bar where he could get an ice cream sundae for dessert

We REALLY enjoyed O'hana and Le Cellier. I'd rate both a 10 for food, atmosphere and overall great dining

We only did one last year, which was Donald's Breakfastosaurus (which is now named something else). We got an early reservation and the food was really good. Lot's of time with the characters and a great waitress! We're tryig Chef Mickey's also this year

I try to schedule the sit-down meals we have at different times during the day so we can park-hop and get different experiences. Other then that we pretty much eat when we're hungry. As the dining plan requires some planning I'd rank planning at a 6.

Never used

I don't think I've ever had bad food on any of the trips I was at Dinsey World. And that's saying something as I've always been EXTREMELY picky and had food allergies. Disney is one place I've always felt ok about trying different things, especially when the chef comes out to talk to you. Had some iffy service, but nothing too extreme. I'd rate it an 8
    With great pride: Disney Store Cast Member August 2011-Present

D23 Charter Member - 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012

WDW Trips: June 2012, 2010, 2008, 2007, 1997, 1996, 1994

• Disneyholic

I like to ask people questions about their experiences at Disney World. This time the questions are about Disney World Dining. I thank you in advance, if you take the time to answer these 10 questions.

2-3 not including snacks, 2 on travel days, 3 on full days.

Yes, I would say a 7.5, older plans where more flexible, the Deluxe DDP is a 9 in my book as it offers you the opportunity to eat anytime anywhere.

I would say 7.5, while we don't use it often it's nice in that you can reuse it for future trips as they rarely change them. I would proably rate it higher if we where to just spend a day at the resort and not go out then it would be a 10 for sure.

Kona Cafe

That's a hard one... so many to choose from but I'll go with the Citrus Swirl at the MK.

Define Special Meal... I would say V&A's or Cinderella's royal table depending on if our daughter was with us. rating V&A 10, CRT 8.5

Liberty Tree Tavern, I'd say 8.5

I plan the vacation around projected crowd levels and special events first, then meals second. If it's a special meal we will change plans if needed to get the reservation we want. We usually do one of the DDP's and we ALWAYS make our reservations ahead of time and work the day around them. Counter Service we'll eat when we are hungry.

Yes at the Poly many many years ago, About average say 7.0

Solid 8.5 overall - it's not Vegas but it's very good food for the most part and very reasonably priced overall. Some restaurants really stand out (V&A, California grill, Jinko's, Boma's, Artist Pointe, etc. ) Some are utterly forgettable but the good outwieghs the bad by a good margin.
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

• Disney Fan

. How many meals a day do you usually eat when you are vacationing at WDW? 2

Yes 8

Yes 9

Main Street Bakery. Get your food go across the street sit down by Casey's watch the birds and the people and plan out our day. (We do go on a few attractions first)

Any Ice Cream

Artist Point 8 or Fulton Crab House 8

Garden Grill 8

Yes, 10

No

• Mostly Harmless.

Usually 2

2. Have you ever used the Disney Dining Plan. Rate it on a scale of 1 to 10. Yes and I think it was an 8

3. Have you bought, and used the Refillable Mug? Rate the value of the mug on a scale of 1 to 10. It was included in a stay back in March. I should have brought it back last week...

4. Where is your favorite place to have breakfast at Walt Disney World? Cindi's Royal Table

France
    6. When you want a special meal, at WDW, where do you like to go? Rate that experience on a scale of 1 to 10. Ohana and Rose and Crown are our two favorites so far. 10!

8. Do you plan your vacation days, around your meals, or do you just eat when you are hungry, and look for the nearest place? How much dining planning do you do on a scale of 1 to 10. A little of both. 6

9. Have you ever had Disney Room Service? Rate that room service (1 to 10, again). Not in a long long time...

10. Now rate your entire Disneyland Dining experience on a scale of 1 to 10. You may use just one vacation, or a total of all your trips to Walt Disney World. Isn't this Disney World??? Overall, with about 5 years of being a patron, I would have to give the resort dining a strong 8. The food is great 99% of the time, but the service can be sub-standard.

He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
    follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
    DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

• Geoff London

2. Have you ever used the Disney Dining Plan. Rate it on a scale of 1 to 10. Never

3. Have you bought, and used the Refillable Mug? Rate the value of the mug on a scale of 1 to 10. Never

4. Where is your favorite place to have breakfast at Walt Disney World? Was Crystal Palace but now ruined by the characters being there - food is not as good either. Nowadays - we cook our own being DVC members.

Mickey shaped icecream bar / Dole Whip
    6. When you want a special meal, at WDW, where do you like to go? Rate that experience on a scale of 1 to 10. Jiko - 10 out of 10!

7. Where do you go, when you want to dine with the characters? Rate this, again 1 to 10. LIberty Tree Tavern - 7. Characters are being removed from here shortly.

8. Do you plan your vacation days, around your meals, or do you just eat when you are hungry, and look for the nearest place? How much dining planning do you do on a scale of 1 to 10. We plan which parks on which days and then book the restaurants accordingly. 8/10

9. Have you ever had Disney Room Service? Rate that room service (1 to 10, again). Yes at Grand Flo - breakfast - excellent 9/10

10. Now rate your entire Disneyland Dining experience on a scale of 1 to 10. You may use just one vacation, or a total of all your trips to Walt Disney World. Our Walt Disney world experience 8/10
    Now I'll turn that little mouse's dream into a nightmare Fantasmic !

Two or three.

No, I haven't.

Just bought one last trip at the Beach Club. The first thing I noticed is that they were charging more for a smaller mug. The quality of the soda there was awful. 4/10

The Main Street Bakery

Sticky Rolls at the Main Street Bakery.

What do you mean by "special meal"?

I really don't dine with the characters. If I did, I'd go to the Cape May Cafe, which I'd give an 8/10.

We used to, but now it's just really where we end up, so I'd say maybe 3 or 4/10.

I have not.

10. Now rate your entire Disneyland (?) Dining experience on a scale of 1 to 10. You may use just one vacation, or a total of all your trips to Walt Disney World.
    8, but I will admit that the service and quality has definitely been going down lately.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

2 to 3. I eat breakfast, but sometimes it's a granola bar or muffin and sometimes a meal.

yes. 10.

yes. 9

I don't think I've ever eaten breakfast at WDW outside my hotel. But the food court is a great way to get breakfast without wasting too much park time.

Dairy Milk bar from England

California Grill. 10. Delicious food, great service, wonderful view.

haven't done that yet.

um, on the plan a 10. off the plan maybe 6. Don't do as many sit down places but we do plan where we'll eat at each park ahead of time.

n/a

8!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

1. How many meals a day do you usually eat when you are vacationing at WDW? Three at least, and maybe stop for a snack or coffee or two.

2. Have you ever used the Disney Dining Plan. Rate it on a scale of 1 to 10. Nope

3. Have you bought, and used the Refillable Mug? Rate the value of the mug on a scale of 1 to 10. Yes every time! I think it's worth it, depending on how many days you spend there... I guess I'll give it a 9.

4. Where is your favorite place to have breakfast at Walt Disney World? I usually just have a quick breakfast in the food court of whatever hotel I'm staying at

5. Name your favorite Walt Disney World dessert, or snack. I like the World Showcase funnel cakes, hehe... Also I had this pasta way back when in the Castle for lunch one time... can't remember what it was called but I think I liked that best.

6. When you want a special meal, at WDW, where do you like to go? Rate that experience on a scale of 1 to 10. Honestly I like to switch it up and try new restaurants. Although I really do like the restaurant in Canada in Epcot.

7. Where do you go, when you want to dine with the characters? Rate this, again 1 to 10. I've never dined with the characters >.>

8. Do you plan your vacation days, around your meals, or do you just eat when you are hungry, and look for the nearest place? How much dining planning do you do on a scale of 1 to 10. Sometimes I reserve meals in advance, yeah. If I have my heart set on eating at a certain restaurant, then definitely I'd reserve in advance.

9. Have you ever had Disney Room Service? Rate that room service (1 to 10, again). I don't think I have actually

10. Now rate your entire Disneyland Dining experience on a scale of 1 to 10. You may use just one vacation, or a total of all your trips to Walt Disney World. 8. Most of my experiences have been really nice, even if the food wasn't perfect. But there have been a few "not-so-great" ones too.