• Other, See Below

2 7.41%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Question Best Quick Server Restaurant at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Howdy MiceExperts,

I'm looking for the best of the Quick Service Restaurants at Hollywood Studios. I believe that the choices are Backlot Express, ABC Commissary, and Studio Catering Co.

Some place nice and cool with lots of seating.

What are your suggestions?

Thank you!

-Dusty
    Last edited by Dustysage; 09-22-2008 at 02:58 PM.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Re: Best Quick Server Restaurant at Disney's Hollywood Studios

ABC Commissary and Pizza Planet the only quick serve restaurant at Hollywod Studios that are indoors. The others mentioned are outdoor. There is also the individual stands at the Sunset Market Ranch area near the Tower of Terror. My personal favorite is the ABC Commissary.

• Disneyholic

Out of all the parks I think DHS has the weakest quick service offerings... The backlot express does have indoor seating, just not a whole lot of it, but the atmosphere of all the props and all is kinds cool.

Pizza Planet is great if you like pizza and video games, I personally think the Pizza reminds me a bit of frozen pizza's from the supermarket but then again so does most theme park Pizza.. It has a lot of space upstairs and probably is the easiest to get a large group of tables together and it has the benefit of an arcade downstairs and occasional appearances by Toy Story Characters...

The ABC Commissary has a bit more variety than the others but I've notice the food quality seems to varry a bit more as well, sometimes great sometimes well lets just say it's edible, if your really hungry... It has a fair ammount of seating but it's spaced out more than Pizza Plannet and may be difficult for a larger group.

Of the three I would have to reccomend Pizza Plannet, even though it's prety much just Pizza and salads it does offer the best in terms of seating indoors.
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

• Yes?

I would have to say ABC Commisary is the best choice. I think as far as food choices in air conditioned comfort with ample seating, it is the best bet. As much as I like Sunset Market Ranch, the seating is lacking. And one of the worst meals I have ever had at WDW was at Studio Catering Co. And Jerren, I completely agree that DHS is severly lacking in non table service food choices. I haven't been in Pizza Planet in years.
    Quote Originally Posted by larasound View Post
    am I the burrito man?

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Pizza Planet had the best theme/amusement park pizza I've ever had. I was really surprised at how good it was. Usually park pizza is beyond nasty. I got the veggie pizza and once I picked off the tomato (ick) I was very tasty!

• Disneyholic

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    Pizza Planet had the best theme/amusement park pizza I've ever had. I was really surprised at how good it was. Usually park pizza is beyond nasty. I got the veggie pizza and once I picked off the tomato (ick) I was very tasty!
    Agreed, Pizza Planet's pizza is not the best theme park pizza I've ever had (that would be At Hershey park, They have Famous Famiglia NY Pizza joint's in park... which is very good stuff!) It's by far not the worst by any stretch. I would say it's in the top 3 for sure.
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

My vote was for the ABC Commissary, its indoors, has a great variety outside the standard fare and if you catch it at just the right time of day there is NO ONE there so it's secluded. That and they have memorabilia from their ABC shows that you can look at which is neat!

• Minion

I voted for the ABC Commissary as well because of the variety of food and the amount of open space inside. I just find it comfortable and relaxing.

Probably would have voted for Pizza Planet, but was rather disappointed in the theme of it. Looks nothing like the Pizza Planet from the movie.

Backlot Express, you can't beat the fixin' bar!

• Defying gravity

I voted for ABC Commissary because it is the "best" of the worst. I agree with many others that the Studios is by far the WORST place for counter service.

I would vote for the ABC Commissary. It is the first time I have ever seen Indian food in a theme park. The Chicken Tiki Masala is actually very good - highly recommended. The protion size is a little small, but I still recommend it.
    Check out my free high resolution Disney World pictures and Disney World Vacation site.

• Curiouser and Curiouser

I really like Sunset Ranch Market...the two times I ate at ABC Commisary I did not have good experiences. I did not muc care for the selection at Studio Catering Co., and I don't eat Pizza (so that counts out pizza planet). Backlot express is ok....but I like the location of Sunset especially if I am going to Fantasmic or heading over by TOT/Rockin Roller Coaster. And if it is raining...you can always just carry their food over to ABC lol.

• Circle of Ancients

I haven't eaten at any quick-service places at DHS, only the restaurants. Been in Pizza Planet though, and I think it's great.

• Another trip down I-4

Honestly? I leave the park and walk over to Epcot. The best option is Pizza Planet, usually, but if you're not in the mood for pizza, it's better to go to Epcot and get Sunshine Seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Tedi Bara View Post
    I really like Sunset Ranch Market...lol.
    Agreed, had a nice, quick meal both times. I also recommend grabbing a bite there and taking it into Beauty and the Beast about 20-30 minutes before showtime. You're protected from the elements, and you've probably got yourself a pretty good sweet.

Just recommend you finish up before the show and clean up after yourself - just to be considerate.
    www.gregscoasterphotos.com <- Go there, it's good!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast