• SpitSpot!

1900 vs Chef Mickey's

I am trying to make an informed decision between the two. Coming along will be me and DH, DS 13 and DD 11. We are Vets when it comes to Character meals but have never eaten at these two places. DD Is insitant that we go to the Chrystal Palace - I too love this place. Characters aside, which resturant (1900 Park Fare or Chef Mickey's) do you prefer and why? OR are the characters the deciding factor for a charator breakfast. Thanks!
    "First of all I would like to make one thing perfectly clear.
    I never explain anything." Mary Poppins
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/26132873@N00/

• The one, the only...

Re: 1900 vs Chef Mickey's

The two character meals are very different. 1900 has the princess theme while Chef Mickey' is the fab five. I would say that 1900 is set in a Victorian setting which contrasts with Chef Mickey's more contemporary setting. I loved 1900 more because I thought the food was better and was slightly less chaotic. I think the hotel and setting for 1900 was easier to enjoy. But smaller kids might prefer Mickey and Goofy to the princesses.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I think the Princess theme is only at 1900 Park Fare for dinner. I ate there in 2007, and it was Cinderella, the Prince, and Cinderella's stepmother, and stepsisters. We had a great time. The step family characters are very funny. The food is buffet style at both places, so that is not the deciding factor for the dinner meal.

I believe the characters for breakfast at 1900 Park Fare are different at breakfast. Last time I was there, it was Alice, the Mad Hatter, and Mary Poppins was at the entrance for pictures.

Chef Mickey's is one place, that is always fun, for whatever meal you go. I have been there for both breakfast and dinner. I like the way you don't get rushed. They take your picture when you arrive, and you can purchase those pictures later on during your meal.

All the character meals are getting quite pricey. I am glad though, that my grandson got to eat at most of them when he was younger. He really liked Chef Mickey's. They always have Mickey, of course, and you may also see Minnie, Donald, Chip and Dale, sometimes Pluto, and Goofy.

I'd say children the ages that you mentioned would really like Chef Mickey's. The added bonus is that you get to visit the Contemporary Hotel. It is my favorite place to visit. Watching the monorail come through the concourse is always fun, and there are nearby shops to explore. I love that hotel, and I try to visit it at least once on each of my WDW trips. Of course the Grand Floridian is also a beautiful place to visit, so you might want to include that fact in your choice.

• We'll hold them at bay

I prefer the characters at Chef Mickey's and thats what I base my opinion on. Though the food is better at 'ohana
    www.jamboeveryone.com
    Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

• Sock Puppet

I like 1900 better. More choices and more tasty.

Chef Mickey is good when you are with little kids.

1900 would be better!....
    my heart is yours

• Disneyholic

With the older Kids I would suggest 1900 Park Fare, I've tried both and the food is better at 1900, and if you go around dinnertime for the Cinderella anniversary party or whatever they are calling it these days the Step Sisters and Lady Tremene are Hilarious! They are also face characters so you will get more interaction than with the Fab 5 over at Chef Mickey's.

That said, I confess I like Chef Mickey's more for the characters.
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

• SpitSpot!

Thanks for everyone's input! I realy appreciate the comments. We have decided to give 1900 a try. This will be with charcaters that we have not met before and I hear the food is fab.
    Thanks!
    "First of all I would like to make one thing perfectly clear.
    I never explain anything." Mary Poppins
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/26132873@N00/

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by Jerren View Post
    That said, I confess I like Chef Mickey's more for the characters.
    Good Point. Who would not love all the characters that comes out and gives hugs and kisses to all happy dinner?

But I still stand firm. 1900 is better.