Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Banned User

picking dining locations

Since we're going to have the Dining Plan on our trip, I've been trying to figure out where to eat during the 11 or 12 days we'll be spending in the park. Can you guys give us some good suggestions on table and counter service locations?

We won't eat oriental food so that's out of the question, and we probably won't eat bar-b-q either. Other than that, we're open to all advice. I know that we're doing the Cinderella's Table for 1 lunch, Crystal Palace for one breakfast and probably Chef Mickey for 1 dinner. I also want to try that sci-fi drive in deal.

• We'll hold them at bay

Re: picking dining locations

My favorite places to eat are Boma, 'ohana, the Kona Cafe, the San Angel Inn, Chefs de France (for lunch), the Tusker House, the Yak & Yeti, Tutto Italia, the House of Blues, and if you guys have kids, the T-Rex Cafe
    www.jamboeveryone.com
    Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Kona Cafe is awesome. Breakfast there is the best. 50's Prime Time cafe at the Studios is fun and the food is good.

But.... no oriental food or BBQ? No BBQ? BBQ is a way of life in Florida! You ain't right.

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by draybook View Post
    Since we're going to have the Dining Plan on our trip, I've been trying to figure out where to eat during the 11 or 12 days we'll be spending in the park. Can you guys give us some good suggestions on table and counter service locations?

We won't eat oriental food so that's out of the question, and we probably won't eat bar-b-q either. Other than that, we're open to all advice. I know that we're doing the Cinderella's Table for 1 lunch, Crystal Palace for one breakfast and probably Chef Mickey for 1 dinner. I also want to try that sci-fi drive in deal.
    With the Disney Dining Plan you have one Table Service, one Quick-Service and one Snack per Guest per night. That can add up quickly so I would look into dining at locations where you can get the most out of your experience. Some of the ones you have listed are great -- keep in mind that Cinderella's Royal Table and other Signature Dining locations count as two coupons. Also, you can use them as you wish to. You do not need to use them all each day or for a certain meal -- they are yours to use however you decide.

Have you thought of doing any of the dinner shows? Spirit of Aloha and Hoop De Doo Review are both wonderful and can count as two table service coupon entitlements.

I would read over the park maps when you arrive and look at the offerings for quick service and then their operating hours on the times guide. That is the best way to get more of a variation for your quick service meals versus just eating at whatever is near you at a given time.

Look into making your reservations for dining soon, if you haven't already!

Table Service Dining locations I recommend with kids:

• Studios:
      • '50s Prime Time Cafe
      • Sci-Fi
    • Magic Kingdom
      • Tony's Town Square
      • Crystal Palace (breakfast)
      • Liberty Tree Tavern
    • Animal Kingdom:
      • Tusker House
    • Epcot:
      • Teppan Edo
      • Garden Grill
      • Princess Storybook Dining
      • Rose n Crown
    • Resorts:
      • 1900 Park Fare
      • 'Ohana
      • Kona
      • Whispering Canyon Cafe

How do you know how many credits each place takes up? Is there a way to look up the number of credits each restaurant takes?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Oingofan View Post
    How do you know how many credits each place takes up? Is there a way to look up the number of credits each restaurant takes?

Allears.net is a great resource for things like this. Here's the full list of restaurants, and their credit value. If you are interested in another dining plan, you can go here and chose the dining plan for you.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

You should check out www.allearsnet.com for the menus to help your family decide
    Our favorites from our trip this past June were-California Grill, The Wave, Liberty Tree Tavern, Le Cellier, Boma, Kona Cafe(so much we ate there twice!), Big River Grille, Rose & Crown, Sci Fi, Whispering Canyon, Yak & Yeti & T-Rex for table service
    For quick service we like-Pecos Bill, Columbia Harbor House, Cantina San Angel(for the nachos)

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Disney Vacation Planner

I think you have good choices. If you do Sci-Fi, I would stick to lunch. It's one of our favorite places, but just for lunch. Love the atmosphere, takes you back.
    T-Rex at Downtown Disney is one of my new favorites. The ribs and steak are great. My son loves Le Cellier but it can be hard to get. Then of course Liberty Tree Tavern has all the american favorites. Good for dinner but not lunch.
    Have fun!

• Disney Vacation Planner

Here is a link to the Disney Dining Plan Brochure 2009
    Beside the restaurant names, it tells you how many dining credits each of them take.

• Bri and Nae'

Whispering Canyon Cafe has BBQ but the atmosphere is so much fun. It's hard not to laugh and have a good time there.

Quote Originally Posted by Juliestrip7 View Post
    Here is a link to the Disney Dining Plan Brochure 2009
    Beside the restaurant names, it tells you how many dining credits each of them take.
    Perfect! This will allow me to plan my trip out in March/April 2010. Thanks Julie!

Julie, thank you much! Great resource!

If you are looking for another breakfast spot, we love the Cape May Cafe Character Breakfast at the Beach Club. Of all the character meals we have tried, this has been the restaurant we have the best character interactions. Plus, once you eat, you can walk into EPCOT or take the boat to EPCOT and DHS.

We also love Hoop Dee Doo. This is a must do for our family. We have really enjoyed Biergarten and 'Ohana too. On our last trip, we ate at Chef Mickey's and Crystal Palace for dinner for the first time and loved both of them.

Enjoy!
    Beth
    Columnist for WDW Daily News (www.wdwdailynews.com)
    "Making Magical Memories"

We are proud to be a MiceChat Partner Website!

Studying the 2009 and 2010 differences in the dining plans, I noticed that they removed some of the restaurants I want planning to go to:
    * Yak & Yeti
    * Cantina de San Angel
    * Nine Dragons
    * Big River Grille & Brewery

Bummer!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast