Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• We'll hold them at bay

Thoughts on the Coral Reef

I don't eat fish but the menu seems interesting. What are your thoughts on the place?
    www.jamboeveryone.com
    Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Re: Thoughts on the Coral Reef

I love the atmosphere, but wasn't too impressed with the food. Granted, it was a few years ago, but I haven't been in a rush to go back. I have been thinking about trying again though.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Now with 5% more insanity

When we were there, it was really noisy! There were a ton of kids crying, and it was really hard to enjoy the atmosphere. I wish they had a separate place for the kids to eat...

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

I love this restaurant. It has an upscale menu, beautiful decor, and you can't beat the huge aquarium view. However, I did find it a bit hard to eat fish, while looking at live ones through the window. But you get over it.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

I also loved this restaurant, was very quiet. I had one of the first ADR's for lunch. I think I had a chicken dish, so no seafood for me. I had a table right by the aquarium.

This was my last meal before heading to the airport, was a nice meal to end the trip on.

• Mostly Harmless.

I'm eating here next Sunday (Sep 27) I'll try to remember to post my thoughts. Someone remind me.
    He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
    follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
    DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

• Mostly Harmless.

Ok, just got back from the world and eating at Coral Reef. Overall, I'd say it was ok. I thought the food was good, but $25 for a slab of Mahi and about a cup of rice? Bit much if you ask me. The service was to be desired. I hate having to ask to get my Coke Zero refilled. The kids meals where a good portion and hate pretty good options as well as the standard disney meal choices. (Chikcken nuggets or Mac and Cheese.) We sat along the wall furthest from the aquarium glass, but I found the view to still be pretty good. Last but not least; to my surprise i was awarded a small rasberry lava-cake type thing for celebrating my birthday today as well. That was really really good! Anyways, there you go and Bob's your uncle...
    He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.

We ate there in January. We were on the dining plan and though we did not pay for our meal then and there we felt it was overpriced for what you got. I had the steak which was a little on the tough side and I think my husband had the pork. He said it was good. You are paying for the atmosphere. We did sit right by the glass which was very beautiful, when we weren't dealing with everyones children coming up and trying to stand on the ledge of the tank and practically putting their feet on the table. Also being we were on the dining plan the waiter actually asked us how we were going to pay his tip. He should be glad we gave him one after that comment. We would probably pass on eating there again.

• Mostly Harmless.

Quote Originally Posted by stephanieboyd View Post
    Also being we were on the dining plan the waiter actually asked us how we were going to pay his tip. He should be glad we gave him one after that comment. We would probably pass on eating there again.
    I had that happen a couple years ago, I said cash and left no tip... A tip is a is a voluntary extra payment for exceptional service. Too often these days it is expected for less than average service. I refuse to pay a tip when I have to ask to have my drink refilled and it is then done grudgingly. I will not ever pay a tip to one who asks for one, I will, however, pay tip a server who actually puts forth the effort to EARN one.

We ate there this spring and loved the atmosphere, but didn't think the food was that great. It is crossed off our list for the future.

Quote Originally Posted by PatMN View Post
    We ate there this spring and loved the atmosphere, but didn't think the food was that great. It is crossed off our list for the future.
    My thoughts exactly. We ate there two trips ago. Loved the atmosphere and our waiter was very pleasant. We actually had a table right against the aquarium. But the food was definitely not worth the money. I wanted to bring the kids on the last trip because I thought they would love it, but it certainly would have cost more than it was worth.
    Beth
    Columnist for WDW Daily News (www.wdwdailynews.com)
    "Making Magical Memories"

We are proud to be a MiceChat Partner Website!

• Hello there

Blog Entries

I had the same experience. When we ate there the place was lovely, but the food was just not worth the price. I would not eat there again. There are much better places to eat at WDW, IMO.
    Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

When we first started taking our kids to WDW 10-12 years ago the Coral Reef was at the top of our list. The food was great, reasonably priced and the view into the tank is amazing. However, maybe 3-4 years ago, there was a pretty major overhaul of the menu. This included higher priced and fewer selections. With so many other dining options, the Reef has really lost its luster for our family. The view is still incredible though

• Adventures with Duffy

My first time there was in 2003 and it was amazing. Love the views, sat right next to the windows into the aquarium. I remember the food being good too.

The second and the last time I was there was in 2008 on our Honeymoon. Didn't sit right next to the window, but still had good view. I didn't think the restaurant had changed at all. The food to me didn't seem as good. But maybe it was an off day.

I heard they are no longer allowing guest to pay for scuba diver to swim down and show a sign like Happy Birthday. I wish they still did that, because that is really a cool thing. There have been times you even see Scuba Mickey in the tank. Im not sure if he only takes a dive when its for privet parties or if he does it for the general public. Its a really cool thing to see.

I would recommend going at least once. Not sure I would go back, but I might. But that is more because we had our wedding reception in the privet room of Coral Reef. Which had different food, not from the restaurant. (Food for reception was done by Epcot catering)

• Prefect

Blog Entries

I honestly can't remember our actual meal here, although the food must have been OK. (I tend to remember negatives. ) The ambience was beautiful, however, I really couldn't enjoy because it was like a freaking Chuck E. Cheese in there. I could not believe how parents could allow their kids to run around and stand on the tables, especially in a nice restaurant like that. It was insane! We had the Dining Plan, so we didn't "pay."
    <o>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast