• Yes?

Jake's American Bar in the Royal Pacific Resort at Universal Orlando

We stayed at Royal Pacific from August 7-9. On the Friday night we decided to try one of the restaurants at the resort.

This is a full service bar and restaurant with a flying adventurer club kind of theme. They have a small stage in one corner that hosts a musician or karaoke depending on the night at 8PM.

We started out with the Control Tower of onion rings. They are served stacked in a tower on top of an airplane frame with a spicy horseradish ranch sauce. Very yummy and a huge portion!

I ordered the Wisconsin Mac and Cheese with sausage and tomatoes. This was so good! The sausage gave it some smokiness and the tomatoes gave it some zing. Again, a huge portion. I actually couldn't finish it all.

My husband had the Ribs with Guava BBQ glaze and chipotle cream that came with potato salad and bourbon baked beans. I tasted a bit of his and they were really good. The ribs were nice and tender but the sauce was a little too sweet for my taste but really very good. The bourbon baked beans were excellent.

The girls had pizzas from the kids menu. One of them chose fries and the other chose fruit for her side.

Yes, that's a bucket of fries.

The side of fruit was so big that she ate some at dinner and we had enough left over to take back to the room to split between both girls for breakfast the next morning. We were so stuffed we couldn't do dessert.

I would not hesitate to eat here again and they had many other menu items I would have liked to try. This is one of the better values in the resort due to portion size and quality.

• Minion

Re: Jake's American Bar in the Royal Pacific Resort at Universal Orlando

Wow! That all looks great! I'll definately put it on my list of things to do next time I'm in the area.
    I want my cake back!