Tutto Italia Ristorante

We ate here for the first time after coming to the parks regularly for many years. We just never got around to trying it before. We will not be trying it again! In a nutshell, the food wasn't that great, the portions were small, and it was way, way, way overpriced. Example: I ordered the Lobster ravioli. It was $29, at lunchtime. I got five raviolis. That's $6 per ravioli! There was about a teaspoon of sauce. It tasted fine, but it wasn't anything spectacular, and it didn't fill me up, and I'm not a big eater. It didn't come with salad or anything.

We should have stuck with our usual 9 Dragons, though we haven't like that as much since they changed the menu, but it's still very good Chinese.

•   
    • At one w/ our Disneyness

Re: Tutto Italia Ristorante

Am so sorry your experience was so mediocre. We've just returned from our 1st trip to WDW, had lunch at Tutto Italia, Dec 23rd, it was one of our favorite meals the whole trip. I had salad, tortellini soup, hub had the veal roast and the kids had spaghetti/meatballs. The espresso I had was the best I found in WDW -- and I DID try them all. Service was very attentive. Lunch for 4, incl. dessert, sodas, appetizers, tip - $225. Definitely would go back.
    Just countin' the days til the next visit!

I have to agree with the OP we ate there on 11/23 and the food was just okay and for the price the portions were too small. Our servers were fantastic but the food was a bit of a let down especially when we remembered how good everything was last time we ate there when it was Alfredo's. Fortunatly we were on the dining plan and only had to pay the tip, of all the finer sit down restaurant we ate at the food in Italy was the only dissapointing meal.

• Hello there

Blog Entries

Tutto Italia has only been at the WS for about 2 years. Prior to its openning, it was Alfredo's. I did not eat there, it just seems overpriced to me. I did eat at Alfredo's in the past a few times and really did like it. Sorry you had a bad experience.
    Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

• We'll hold them at bay

Tutto Italia was OK IMO. I live in North Jersey so there are a million good italian places where I live so I don't find it necessary to go here but others in my family love italian food above all others. In that regard its fine. I find it better than say, Mama Melrose's
    www.jamboeveryone.com
    Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

We have found Tutto Italia to be overpriced as well. We will be giving it one more try..........I think!
    Kim
    author, "Sharing the Magic"
    Columnist, www.wdwdailynews.com
    We are proud to be a MiceChat Partner Website!

Quote Originally Posted by All4dISNEY View Post
    Am so sorry your experience was so mediocre. We've just returned from our 1st trip to WDW, had lunch at Tutto Italia, Dec 23rd, it was one of our favorite meals the whole trip. I had salad, tortellini soup, hub had the veal roast and the kids had spaghetti/meatballs. The espresso I had was the best I found in WDW -- and I DID try them all. Service was very attentive. Lunch for 4, incl. dessert, sodas, appetizers, tip - $225. Definitely would go back.
    I used to find the menus around World Showcase exciting and worth the $$$'s. The only restaurant that my wife and I will go to now is Germany and that's a big maybe... Mexico, Morocco, Germany and Norway had been our favorites. Not now...
    The last meal my family and I had at Mexico wasn't even worthy of being on the Taco Bell menu...The princess experience at Norway has turned us off to that restaurant. Germany is still good value with the buffet and entertainment however, the selection on the buffet has been drastically reduced in recent years and the Marrekesh menu prices have increased dramatically and the portions decreased just as dramatically.
    For the rest, Chinese, Italian, Japanese, French, English quisines are way to plentiful to justify spending the $$$'s at WS.

Our favorite restaurant is now the Four Seasons fast food eatery at The Land pavilion in future world. Good food, good value and good variety!

Honestly, I don't see how anyone can justify dropping so many $$$'s for mediocre (at best) meals at WS restaurants. Just another dissapointment in a long line of dissapointments that seems to be growing bigger every year.

• 2007 Ice Hockey Champs!

We ate at Alfredo's back in 2006 and loved it. I have been looking at the menus getting ready for the Honeymoon in March and saw Alfredo's was replaced by a Disney owned and run restaurant... 1st bad omen. Menu doesn't impress me as anything but overpriced and lacking in things that I would be interested in eating during a trip to Florida (or Italy for that matter).

Perhaps Disney should allow the countries support their pavilion space with food and not "Disney-ified" versions in terms of quality, quantity, and price. They just might find that collecting rent on long-term good quality restaurants does a better job for their reputation than angering guests with mediocre food at high price. I might be in the minority, but I tend to learn from my mistakes, and once I get a bad meal I avoid the place like the plague and am very skeptical of anything else owned/operated by the same company!
    2006 Ice Hockey Champs! (13-0-0) Bar Room Heroes
    2007 Ice Hockey Champs! (14-6-1) Angry Bar Flies
    2008 Ice Hockey Champs! (15-2-1-1) Die Another Day

Career Stats:
    Regular Season Games=108 (36 goals, 34 assists, 70 points, 22 penalty minutes)
    Playoff Games=11 (6 goals, 7 assists, 13 points, 0 penalty minutes).

• We'll hold them at bay

Just ate there on the 5th. It was very very good. The Eggplant appetizer was delicious
    www.jamboeveryone.com
    Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom