Question Dining Plan Question...

Hey MC!

I got a quick question. I got the Disney Dining Plan and was wondering if we can substitute a desert for say a salad or an appetizer? It seems like we get so many deserts that it'd be nice to swap em for something else for equal or lesser value. thanks.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Re: Dining Plan Question...

I think with one plan you have a choice. But with the quick service plan it is dessert only, no swaps. AFAIK.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

No you can't. You get a dessert at each counter and table service with no substitutions from other parts of the menu.

• Banned User

I just came back and utilized the dining plan. Unfortunately, no substitutions.

• Disneyholic

No Substitutions is correct, it's in the fine print but you can always ask or if you have food allergies that preclude you from say eating any of the deserts you might be able to substitute something else for it. Food allergies/diet restrictions seem to be the only thing that will trump the rules.
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

We purchased the Deluxe Dining Plan, and I realize that this is not the most economical thing, but can the sit downs be substituted for Quick Service if we just wannt to grab a burger in the park?

• Disneyholic

Quote Originally Posted by jus1me View Post
    We purchased the Deluxe Dining Plan, and I realize that this is not the most economical thing, but can the sit downs be substituted for Quick Service if we just wannt to grab a burger in the park?

Once you have used your quick service Credits you can use the table service credits for a quick service meal. Generally it's not a good idea to do so as it is a waste of money. If your more than 45 days out and have not paid in full you should be able to just change your meal plan to the quick service meal plan if your not interested in doing any table service meals. Not only is it cheaper than the DDP it also gives you a free refillable mug per person. Speak to your travel agent for assistance that's what we're here for.
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

Quote Originally Posted by jus1me View Post
    You have 3 entitlements a day to use as you see fit, and qs counts as 1 entitlement.

• Adventures with Duffy

We have never done the dining plan package. After reading this thread, I understand that table service meals are an entree and desert. Is the menu limited or is it the whole menu that is offered for the dining plan?

I wasn't sure when the server ask you if your on a dining plan if you get a limited menu?

Also if you are using the dining plan, during a meal are you allowed to order other items and just pay cash for them?

Quote Originally Posted by Janell View Post
    We have never done the dining plan package. After reading this thread, I understand that table service meals are an entree and desert. Is the menu limited or is it the whole menu that is offered for the dining plan?

I wasn't sure when the server ask you if your on a dining plan if you get a limited menu?

Also if you are using the dining plan, during a meal are you allowed to order other items and just pay cash for them?
    You can order anything on the menu except add-ons. You can pay out of pocket for these. I always get an appetizer at some TS such as Le Cel, where I have to have a cup of cheddar cheese soup. Disney never limits your ability to spend money. We've also dined with folks not on ddp, and separating the bill is no problem.

• Adventures with Duffy

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy'sno1fan View Post
    You can order anything on the menu except add-ons. You can pay out of pocket for these. I always get an appetizer at some TS such as Le Cel, where I have to have a cup of cheddar cheese soup. Disney never limits your ability to spend money. We've also dined with folks not on ddp, and separating the bill is no problem.
    thanks. I know silly me to think Disney would stop you from spending money. lol. Good to know. I was thinking I would want the Cheese Soup at Le Cel too so that's why I asked.

• DVC owner and loving it !

Exclamation Re: Dining Plan Question...

We went down in january at BLT and did the deluxe dining plan. You get 3 meals per person a day any which way you want to do it. Q/S or sit down it does not matter. Only problem is that it is way too much food.
    We ate at Teppen Edo for lunch at noon and had to cancel our dinner reservation at 5:15 at le cellier (broke my heart) because we were still full.
    If you do three sit downs a day space them out like 7am-1pm-9pm or do 1 sit down at 11 am and a signature meal 2 entitlements at 7pm each day + you also get two or three snacks per person per day.
    I will never do the deluxe again, the regular dining plan is just fine. We eat breakfast in the room then we go go go go. Good luck have fun.