Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Kingdom Comedian

Re: Disneyland expert but WDW Newbie...where to eat?

Thank you all so much for your help/advice.

Here's another question...wouldn't choosing the restaurant determine what day I went to witch park? And if so, is there a recommended order for seeing the parks? i.e. is one park more crowded on Wednesdays than the other? stuff like that?

• DVC owner and loving it !

Quote Originally Posted by timbabbcomedian View Post
    Thank you all so much for your help/advice.

Here's another question...wouldn't choosing the restaurant determine what day I went to witch park? And if so, is there a recommended order for seeing the parks? i.e. is one park more crowded on Wednesdays than the other? stuff like that?
    You have to take into account what are your priorities! Firework shows=dinner at 6pm///Peace=dinner reservations when the fireworks are going off or lunch when the parades are going off. If you get up early and hit the parks at the opening you can usually get alot done and head to another park for dinner or something you really want to get done. If you are planning to stay at one park all day then absolutely get a res. there. Epcot and the hotels inside disney and the downtown disney have the best restaurants, so you may want to eat at the Epcot the day you are at Epcot// or The Grand Floridian or Polynesian or Contemporary when at MK //or the Boardwalk, Yacht and Beach when at HS //or in the AK Lodge when at AK. If rides are a priority eat before the nightly shows and ride, ride, ride when the nightly shows are happening except epcot the rides close usually before the nightly FW show. As far as the parks I cant help you there it seems to be pot luck you never really know.
    Keep on posting ????'s and we will answer them the best we can

• The Study of Wumbo

On our last trip we tried to save money with the Quick Service Dining Plan. (With a family of six... I don't know what we were thinking.) So the only places that aren't QS that I've seen are... Crystal Palace, Coral Reef, Grand Floridian Cafe, and Sci-Fi Dine-In. And that was back in 2005. (wah, wah.)

I'd really like to try San Angel Inn next time. I love the Mexico Pavilion and its attraction, I'd say I'm a Mexican food fan, and I could use some extra practice with Spanish.

So, Tim, if you're looking for the "Blue Bayou" effect, you can find it at San Angel Inn, The Garden Grill Restaurant (The Land,) and Pinocchio's Village Haus (to some extent.) That's not to be confused with Pinocchio's Wiener Hut. (Mousetalgia reference.)
    -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

• Kingdom Comedian

Thanks again, all. I made my reservations moments ago. I decided to go with:

Coral Reef, Sci Fi Cafe, Tony’s Town Square Restaurant, Tusker House (breakfast buffet), ‘Ohana, 50's Primetime Cafe, and Le Cellier Steakhouse.

That is a load off my mind!

• and too all a good fright

^ A very nice range of foods and dining types.

• Happy Haunt

Quote Originally Posted by timbabbcomedian View Post
    Thanks again, all. I made my reservations moments ago. I decided to go with:

Coral Reef, Sci Fi Cafe, Tony’s Town Square Restaurant, Tusker House (breakfast buffet), ‘Ohana, 50's Primetime Cafe, and Le Cellier Steakhouse.

That is a load off my mind!
    Personally I love Sci Fi so good choice there. I don't know if you need any QS suggestions but if your looking for a QS that serves something that hasn't seen a fryer you should check out Columbia Harbor House. I hadn't been there before but went for the first time a couple of trips ago and was so glad! Upstairs is a quieter seating area and like I said there are some great food options. Other than that QS at MK is pretty bad.

Quote Originally Posted by GraceysGirl View Post
    Personally I love Sci Fi so good choice there. I don't know if you need any QS suggestions but if your looking for a QS that serves something that hasn't seen a fryer you should check out Columbia Harbor House. I hadn't been there before but went for the first time a couple of trips ago and was so glad! Upstairs is a quieter seating area and like I said there are some great food options. Other than that QS at MK is pretty bad.
    Funny, I always get something deep=fried at CHH. Use to be fish and fries, but now they've added shrimp with slaw and fries. But at Cosmic Rays, I don't eat anything fried. And at MK, I love LTT and Plaza and Crystal Palace is pretty good. We all have different choices.

Just wondering if you had checked the Extra Magic Hour schedule for the days you'll be at the world. We plan our entire vacation around it in order to get more time in the parks and to avoid those days we think will be crowded (i.e. any park on the day it has morning EMH).
    someday, when we are wiser,
    when the world's older,
    when we have learned

http://nicoleloveswalt.tumblr.com/

"It's kind of fun to do the i m p o s s i b l e ."
    - Walt Disney

I know you already made reservations, but I guess i'll still post if anyone else was having the same question and was wondering.

WDW Dining... ALWAYS go with the dining plan. TONS of food, overall a great deal.

Unless there's a special event, I try to plan my meals to correspond to my days at the parks. We always go MK, EP, DHS, AK, for our first four days regardless. So for instance, We might have a character breakfast at chef mickey's for the magic kingdom day, dinner at biergarten for epcot, sci-fi dine in for hollywood studios, and boma for animal kingdom day.

As for getting to the resturants, We always eat in or around the parks we are in on those first four days. Once we've been at each park for a day, we park hop and hotel hop for our resturants, be it by monorail, boat, or bus. Very easy to get around, HOWEVER, as i'm sure you've heard, buses aren't always reliable if you're trying to get to a certain event or show in the parks. I know every disney guide says this, but allow PLENTY of time to get back from meals outside the parks.

That said, I don't want to give you the wrong idea, you should try as hard as you can to get there on time, but Disney DOES hold your reservations if you are late. I'm not saying you should abuse this and come in an hour late, but don't fret if you're waiting for a bus, or you're on the other side of the park. (We found this out AFTER sprinting from RnR to the Sci-Fi Dine in...)

Here are some of my recommendations based on reading and hearing hundreds of experiences, as well as my own experiences.

Ohana-This was my absolute FAVORITE on our last trip. TONS. OF. FOOD. Very friendly atmosphere, and ask if they have a seat by the window available (we had a PERFECT view of the castle dream lights last year)

Sci-Fi Dine-In - Very fun different experience. Gets you in the DHS mood. Be sure to have your picture taken in your car, and get your license!

Le Cellier- Lucky! This place is not easy to get reservations for... but I've heard it's one of the best in epcot.

I've also heard that 50's PTC is quite a fun experience.

Well. That's all for Table Service...

As for quick service... Don't be fooled by the name, it's quite a bit of food as well!

We stayed in the All Star Movies resort last time we were down, and one of my favorite things to do was get breakfast at the hotels. You got your choice of entree (strawberry pancakes...mmm....) and 2 drinks (supposed to be juice and beverage but that didn't matter.) We had 2 refillable mugs, so we usually got coffee, etc. for breakfast in those, and got 2 drinks for the parks (never waste a snack credit on a drink!!).

Now for some good counter service:
    MK: Pecos Bill's (Burgers with topping bar!!), Columbia Harbor House
    EPCOT: Anywhere in World Showcase
    DHS: Not really sure.
    AK: Flame Tree Barbeque (YUM.)

As for snacks, there are many many snacks beyond what is listed in the guide. I ended up using most of my snack credits trying different things in World Showcase...and for popcorn on main street (AMAZING.) Turkey legs don't count

I think you're in for a great trip, and I say from experience, Dining makes an already unbelievable trip even better! Have a Magical Time!

I absolutely recommend Liberty Tree Tavern in the Magic Kingdom. We have eaten there several times and it never disappoints! They have traditional American food; potatoes, ham, turkey, pork, mac and cheese etc. I would eat here for dinner.

We also love Chef Mickey's at the Contemporary. It's a family atmosphere, and I would recommend eating here for breakfast.
    "If you can dream it, you can do it." - Walt Disney
    Thanks for the fun, Mr. Disney!! (:
    Pin Trader and *crosses fingers* hopefully future Disney

I must agree with the Liberty Tree. It has very good food, and the setting is great...Although I must say the restrooms are cramped. But that's beside the point. haha. It's a very home-y experience, lots of comfort food, and a warm setting.

• Kingdom Comedian

Quote Originally Posted by nicoleloveswalt View Post
    Just wondering if you had checked the Extra Magic Hour schedule for the days you'll be at the world. We plan our entire vacation around it in order to get more time in the parks and to avoid those days we think will be crowded (i.e. any park on the day it has morning EMH).
    I believe Homer Simpson said it best when he said...

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I highly recommend Kona Cafe at the Polynesian for breakfast. They have some AMAZING pineapple-macadamia pancakes, plus... TONGA TOAST (thick cut sourdough bread french toast stuffed with bananas & rolled in cinnamon sugar). And they have 100% pure Kona coffee (though the Kona blend is pretty good too... and only like $2.50 for an entire pot of it!).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12