Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Disney aficionado

Re: LeCellier becomming Signature

You mean for lunch and for dinner? I think I'll probably still go there regardless of Signature or not status.

I bet you Be Our Guest will have a significant draw away from CRT when it is built and maybe even from Le Cellier. I hope they do get it open by the time I go in 2011! (looks doubtful though )

• Living the Fairytale

I have never been that impressed with Le Cellier, but I'm not a steak person. I just like their pretzel bread sticks. I definetly don't think it's worth 2 points on the dining plan, so it will certainly be scratched off my list for future visits. I still feel like the dining plan has made all the restaurants menus become more limited. I miss the old days when the menus were more expansive. And every year they change the dining plan to give you less and less. I guess that's why they give it to you for free now with the room packages. I'm an Annual Pass holder so I seldom get the meal plan but it would be nice if Disney really was giving you something good for a change. Though, I do appreciate the lower room only rates that have occured in the past 2 years..
    With the dining plans, it kind of makes me want to avoid sit down restaurants because they aren't in anyway as good as they used to be in the past.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

I am not a steak person either, but I love Le Cellier!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Just saw this on the Disney site:

Quote Originally Posted by Walt Disney World
    Effective March 1, 2011, dinner at Le Cellier Steakhouse will be elevated to a Signature dining experience, offering an exciting new menu that will change seasonally and an expanded wine list.
    So it's official. Guess we'll have to wait until then to see what the changes are...
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Nine days ago we ate at Grand Floridian Cafe and the steaks there were fantastic. Large and cooked perfectly and with potatoes and veggies. All for 1 credit. While I'll miss the chocolate whiskey cake, the key lime pie will make up for it. And the service was better than any place else I've eaten at WDW. Le Cel can upgrade if they want, we steak lovers will survive. No filet, but a great strip and ribeye.

• When Will It Return?

Is there a big difference between lunch and dinner at Le Cellier? Trying to go for lunch instead of dinner in order to save the wallet from complete evisceration, but haven't had dinner so I'm not really sure what I'm missing.

"Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13

Wink Re: LeCellier becomming Signature

We have had a hard time getting in for dinner as well, so we usually opt for the lunch menu/times. Trick is, with a res,....you need to get there right as the doors are opening! Upon doing this, we have never been turned away!

• Kandace Sparkles

Blog Entries

Signature locations usually allow the Chefs to increase the food quality and cost. Look around and compare other locations on property and maybe you can see this too. Hopefully this will allow for increased food quality, menu options, etc. for this popular Epcot restaurant.

This is my favorite restaurant. We do lunch and then just eat a really light dinner. It is my kids' favorite, too, but we are all steak lovers. Gosh, I could go for one of the pretzel bread sticks right now. : )

• Minion

if you want a good steak the yachtsman steakhouse at the yacht club a short walk away in my opinion is the place to go, really doesn't get the credit it deserves and will soon be a better value then le celier. if you like steak i have to say its your best bet in the world and a top ten for me guaranteed.

• Kandace Sparkles

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by goofy donald View Post
    if you want a good steak the yachtsman steakhouse at the yacht club a short walk away in my opinion is the place to go, really doesn't get the credit it deserves and will soon be a better value then le celier. if you like steak i have to say its your best bet in the world and a top ten for me guaranteed.
    I agree that Yachtsman is a great value, but it IS a signature restaurant. Now Le Cellier will be half of that, so perhaps your previous opinion will change a bit?

• Minion

meh, i doubt my opinions will change as unfortunately with Disney i merely see a change in price not a change in quality especially with a signature dining location that serves relatively the same specialty but i hope im proven wrong as this is my home country, kind of odd that cheddar cheese soup is on that menu as I've never seen it in any restaurant ever at home but still good nonetheless....

• Closed Account

$16 for a salad now. If anyone thinks this is an upgrade they need thier head examined

• When Will It Return?

^ Depends. If that $16 salad is the best I've ever eaten, and Le Cellier becomes the only place I get the best salad in the world, then becoming signature is an upgrade.

On the other hand, if that $16 is the same sirloin salad I had in '09 that appeared to be served on a bread plate it was so small, and was very "meh" apart from the steak which was marvelous, then it's a fruitless increase.

"Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13

• Canadian Cast Member

I'm super excited for Le Cellier to be a signature restaurant, and to try out the new menu!! If nothing else at least the steak is AAA Alberta beef now, instead of the beef they use to have from Australia. They also have an extensive new wine list, more ice wines, whiskys etc. I say don't knock it until you try it. And as for the Yachtman's Steakhouse... my friend's filet was way over cooked (it came out well when she ordered it mid-rare) and then the next one came out with a huge fat vein down the middle, when she sent it back the chef came out to the table, told her that if you order steak mid-rare then it isn't cooked enough to get rid of the vein and there was nothing wrong with the first one....pretty much he told her she was totally wrong and didn't know what she was talking about. We also received rubbery brussel sprouts. Not a very good impression...
    My Disney Blog!

To all who come to this happy place...Welcome!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast