• Senior Minion

Good place to eat Breakfast?

I'm trying to find a place to eat Breakfast on the dining plan for our last day (Dec 4th), but there isn't too much open. I was thinking Grand Floridan cafe or something since I want to see some of the hotels all decorated for Christmas.

Anyone have any suggestions?

And if we did choose a hotel for Breakfast, what would be the best transportation option to get there, considering we are staying at an All-Star hotel?

Thanks!
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

• Senior Minion

Re: Good place to eat Breakfast?

Another quick question:

My mom was saying that for some reason she remember that when she and my dad went 5 years ago and had the dining plan, that they could only order certain things.
    I know it says that for lunch and dinner (counter and table) it says an Entree, dessert and a non-alcoholic drink.
    But does that mean you can order anything from those sections? (1 per section, of course) Or is it limited and it doesn't say?
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

My vote goes to Kona Cafe at the Polynesaian. They have awesome pineapple-macadamia pancakes (I can vouch for them... they're HUGE and they're awesome) and the famous Tonga Toast (thick-cut sourdough french toast stuffed with bananas & topped with cinnamon sugar). And.... PURE KONA COFFEE!

As for getting there from an All-Star hotel... take the bus to the MK, then hop on the resort monorail to the Poly.

Character meals are likely booked, but Cape May at Beach Club may have something. To get there, take the DHS bus and walk to Beach Club, or take the boat. Either way about 15 minutes. Wilderness Lodge has a family style breakfast, but there may be antics. Boat from MK.
    If you tell the bus driver where you're going early in the morning they often take you to the resort. After 8 or 7 on EMH mornings, all bets are off.

• I am number 4 of 999

I'm just curious, why would you wait until your last possible day to see the decorations at the other resorts?

Personally, we always take Pop-Tarts or Nutri-grain bars and have breakfast in our room as we're getting ready, mostly because my stomach is a jerk and won't let me eat breakfast type foods during actual breakfast hours, and mostly because I don't want to waste time eating breakfast when I could be at the park! My FAVORITE, though, is the fresh cinnamon buns on Main Street! We usually stay at the Magic Kingdom until midnight or later (depending on the season) so we get them on the way out and save them for the next day. They are 1 snack point and SOOOO worth it!!!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries

I agree with Kona. And it is on the Monorail loop so you can see those hotels, then take a hop over to EPCOT to see the Beach/Yacht
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by ghosty4 View Post
    I'm just curious, why would you wait until your last possible day to see the decorations at the other resorts?

Personally, we always take Pop-Tarts or Nutri-grain bars and have breakfast in our room as we're getting ready, mostly because my stomach is a jerk and won't let me eat breakfast type foods during actual breakfast hours, and mostly because I don't want to waste time eating breakfast when I could be at the park! My FAVORITE, though, is the fresh cinnamon buns on Main Street! We usually stay at the Magic Kingdom until midnight or later (depending on the season) so we get them on the way out and save them for the next day. They are 1 snack point and SOOOO worth it!!!
    We are planners, or at least I am, so we are planning what days at what parks depending on the activities (like Illuminations, MSEP, etc) and the EMH. And we just want to try a nice place for breakfast for a change since our lunch will be counter-service and dinner we are meeting (possibly) some relatives who live not too far at Rainforest Cafe, and so since that's not on the dining plan, we don't want the table service to go to waste. And we have lunches/dinners planned for the other days already.

Are the cinnamon buns fresh all day? And where do you get them?? I am a cinnamon bun lover!!!!

I'm still trying to find something for the 4th, but looking at the menus for the places available, not seeing too much that jumps out at me. I would love to do a character dining, but none are open any of the days.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Joshrzmeup View Post
    Are the cinnamon buns fresh all day? And where do you get them?? I am a cinnamon bun lover!!!!
    you can get cinnamon buns at the Main Street Bakery, as well as most of the quick service/food courts at the resorts. They are baked fresh on premises, and should be fresh. But, since they are a popular item in the morning, sometimes they do sell out during the course of the day so it's always better to get one in the morning rather than wait.

Staying at the moderate resorts with my family, the cinnamon bun the at the food court of Riverside, French Quarter, and Caribbean Beach was my standard breakfast every morning.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Senior Minion

My parents were looking at Capn' Jacks for a lunch and did a search here but found very little as far as reviews. Any thoughts? Their menu looks REALLY good!!!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I agree the cinnamon rolls from the bakery on Maim Street are very good.. and HUGE! I ended up sharing a few bites of mine with a duck that came wandering along by where I was sitting, looking for a handout. He just kept staring at me and wouldn't leave, so I eventually caved.