Thread: T-Rex cafe?

Smile T-Rex cafe?

The last time we went to Disney (jan 2008) the T-Rex cafe was on construction work, so we are curious about the finished restaurant.

So we want to know opinions on the place, it appears to be very similar to the Rainforest cafes how it compare to them?

In the site they say you have to make a reservation before eating, is in all cases or is just a special area or a special season.??

• Call me "Mox"

Re: T-Rex cafe?

It's basically Rain Forest Cafe with a Dinosaur theme. It's a decent restaurant. I'm not a fan of the food that Rain Forest or T-Rex serve and it's really over priced.. even for a Disney property. My Nieces and Nephews loved it, but I about died when I got the check.
    "All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."

Disneyland - 1995, 1988
    Walt Disney World - JAN 2011, OCT 2010, SEPT 2010, MAY 2010, MAR 2010, JULY 2009, MAY 2009, JULY 1999

Next Trips:
    WDW - Valentine's Day 2011
    Disneyland - Late May/Early June

• I'm from Canada eh!

I was really dissapointed with the T-Rex Cafe when we went last year. The food was terrible, the service was bad and the price was insane.

My kids liked the atmosphere, but it was too much of an overall bad experiance to enjoy even that.

Thanks for the comments! so the food quality is not like Rainforest?

We have tried Rainforest and Hardrock we like them, but we what to try another restaurant.

We are looking for one wit salads and steaks, wish restaurants are recommend to go?.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

If you want steak, go to the Yachtman's Steakhouse over at the Yacht Club Resort.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Quote Originally Posted by Meville View Post
    I was really dissapointed with the T-Rex Cafe when we went last year. The food was terrible, the service was bad and the price was insane.

My kids liked the atmosphere, but it was too much of an overall bad experiance to enjoy even that.
    If you want steak, go to the Yachtman's Steakhouse over at the Yacht Club Resort.
    I echo this. If you want a great steak you will end up paying the same at Yachtman's as you would at T-Rex. My dinning experience there was horrific. But the ONLY way I would ever dine there again, would be if I took my nephew there... but in all honesty I would rather pay the admission for him to Islands of Adventure, and eat at the Jurassic Park Discovery Center at Buger Digs than at T-Rex again... and it would be about the same price.

• Kandace Sparkles

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire-Light View Post
    The last time we went to Disney (jan 2008) the T-Rex cafe was on construction work, so we are curious about the finished restaurant.

So we want to know opinions on the place, it appears to be very similar to the Rainforest cafes how it compare to them?

In the site they say you have to make a reservation before eating, is in all cases or is just a special area or a special season.??
    It appears to be similar to the Rainforest Cafe because it is, only with a dinosaur theme. It is still owned by Laundry's (same as Rainforest and Yak & Yeti). I have heard that the individual who originally created the Rainforest is making another version and is trying to focus more toward a stronger menu, but that is all Laundry's true decisions.

So Yacht is better? thanks.

Can I go to dinner there even if I stay in a different Disney hotel?

As we can't afford to stay the nights at Yacht LOL XD

• Kandace Sparkles

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire-Light View Post
    So Yacht is better? thanks.

Can I go to dinner there even if I stay in a different Disney hotel?

As we can't afford to stay the nights at Yacht LOL XD
    Yachtsman Steakhouse is a signature restaurant, so yes, it is still great. You can dine at any restaurant on property regardless of where you are staying. There is no issue visiting a resort to dine there, but don't forget to get your reservations!