• Minion

Anyone done the dine with a imagineer?

Anyone done it and how is it?

Also any reccomendations on places to eat we are leaning towards the candain steakhouse and the french place in Epcot Not the high end on in France
    Last edited by biggsworth; 01-06-2011 at 11:08 AM.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Re: Anyone done the dine with a imagineer?

Quote Originally Posted by biggsworth View Post
    Anyone done it and how is it?

Also any reccomendations on places to eat we are leaning towards the candain steakhouse and the french place in Epcot Not the high end on in France
    I've done it twice, both times at the Brown Derby (sometimes they offer it at Artist Point or Flying Fish Cafe). I would easily do it again as well. It's a fun experience, and depending on how the other guests are, can be a lot of fun. I had 2 different Imagineers, and while the first time a 12 year old kept asking stupid questions and offering Armchair Imagineering ideas and we spent a good half hour with the chef so some picky eaters could find something to eat off the menu, the Imagineer was very insightful and interesting with his stories. The second time was a much more pleasant atmosphere, with more adults and more lively conversation.

That being said, both times the Imagineer was fantastic. They both offered some fun stories and insights, and hints at the future, but nothing anyone who reads forums didn't know. Also, it's in a private dining room in the Brown Derby, so it's set apart from the rest of the diners and creates a truly special, private experience that makes you feel like you're worlds apart from the parks. And the food is fantastic!

Again, my main gripe was the people I ate lunch with, but really only the first time I went. It obviously didn't stop me from going again, and I do hope to try it again at some point, especially if they offer the Artist Point dinner again.

And Le Cellier in Canada is one of my favorite restaurants on property. So good!
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

It is absolutely worth it. Especially for anyone who loves Disney and the technology of the parks. Go, ask questions, and have fun.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Minion

How much did it run i am assuming pricey but on the site i see $36.00-$59.99. Also what's the dress code I don't expect to pack anything too nice.
    Last edited by biggsworth; 01-06-2011 at 06:42 PM.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Since it's a theme park restaurant, there is no dress code. Though since the restaurant is one of the nicer ones, you might want to dress a little spiffier, but definitely not needed!

Here's more info :http://allears.net/din/dine_imag.htm

• Minion

Thanks for the info I went ahead and booked it! I can't wait!

• Purple Crates ♥

I did this last year for my birthday (2009), it was a gift. I had the lady (forget her name atm) she designed the decor for the WDW dream suite as well as part of the AK Lodge restaurants.

Was really neat to do, something i would recommend once or twice.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by biggsworth View Post
    Thanks for the info I went ahead and booked it! I can't wait!
    Let us know what you think!

• Minion

So I just got back from my trip and once I get my pictures in order I will do a TR. I will comment on this experience though first.

The food was great. I got soup, cobb salad, filet steak and grapefruit cake.

We got imagineer Steve Probus Set Director. His team is responsible for items that are placed on attractions. He is based in Florida but works all over as needed. Currently he just finished up on the Dream and is heavily involved with the Hawaiian project. he will be going to Tokyo to help the two parks with props in the near future. Some of his past projects that he worked on was ToT and HM refurb and EE. Of course many others but he talked about these ones a lot which is great for me as they are some of my favorites. his favorite attraction is EE.

He shared with us many details that go into the planning of each attraction. For EE a team was sent over to Asia for two years to study the lore and legends of the area to help theme EE. While they are over there they also would buy items that would help represent the area while being placed on the ride. All of the items you see there are from the country which is pretty neat. You can definitely tell the level of detail that went into the ride and listening to him talk about it even re-enforced that for me.

I asked him what is his most memorable item he purchased for an attraction and he told us about a bass that took him a while to purchase from the owner. This bass was for the music room on the HM. If I remember correctly it took him about 6 months and to go over budget to get the owner to sell it. The Bass is from the time period that the HM is set in which makes it a good addition to the room. You can see it on the right of the Piano.

Steve was very friendly and informative and I would do this experience every time I go to Florida. His passion for the job he does is to the highest level which is great to see as he is responsible for placing items in the attractions we all love. We had a hand in the new pooh queue as well I forgot to mention that above. And according to him there will be a lot more of that to come I did manage to answer a question right and get a prize from him. I don't have a great picture of it but it;s pictured below. Two wine glasses for the 50th anniversary of WDI

For those who want to know the questions it was, "Who was the first imagineer?"

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Glad you enjoyed it! I think Steve is the Imagineer I dined with the first time I went; I would have to check first.

Also, congrats on the wine glasses! That's a new thing since they didn't have that little game when I ate there!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
    Glad you enjoyed it! I think Steve is the Imagineer I dined with the first time I went; I would have to check first.

Also, congrats on the wine glasses! That's a new thing since they didn't have that little game when I ate there!

Not sure if all the imagineers do this but he said he likes to give something away when he does them. We also got a plate that I will post eventually that he signed. Everyone got that.