Epcot World Showcase Restaurant best for Kids?

Good evening all!

I am taking the extended family on a trip to WDW this coming September, and would like to get some advice on a World Showcase restaurant that would be a good fit for an 11 and 6 year old? Are there one or two that are better than the others or is this just the day that the kiddos have to buckle down and go eat at the "grown up" place?

Thanks in advance!!!

• Hurry Baaaaaaaack!

Re: Epcot World Showcase Restaurant best for Kids?

Teppan Edo (the hibachi-style restaurant in Japan) is fun for kids. They have a children's menu and it's fun to watch the chefs. I haven't been to Tutto Italia but I have heard good things about the food and they have a children's menu, as well. My favorite World Showcase food stop as a kid was always the Boulangerie Patisserie in France to pick up chocolate mousse or a Mickey Mouse cookie!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I believe all the restaurants offer kids menus, so you should be ok regardless where you go.

You can see menus of the EPCOT restaurants here:

Restaurant Dining Menus from Walt Disney World

A lot of kids love Biergarten. They have an oompah band and there is a dance floor the kids flock to. Food is kid-friendly enough with all types of sausages, baked chicken and spaetzle, a German pasta. There's also pretzel sticks and a terrific dessert bar, although I rarely have room left for dessert, and I weigh in about 275.

• 1,200 Miles from da Mouse

^ took the words right out of my mouth...the two year old LOVES Biergarten, and I don't mind the Bier either
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
    -George S. Patton

• MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...

Disney folks being Disney folks as they are, are really good at catering to the needs of families with children at each restaurant. I've heard, consistently, however, from Germany's Biergarten and Japan's Teppon Edo.

However, in terms of cuisine, there's pizza at the new place in Italy. Just sayin...

and it's really good. But there's no entertainment.

Peace,
    Roo
    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

• Hello there

Blog Entries

I can tell you my kids loved the Biergarten and so did the grown ups. There is a big enough selection for everyone to get something they liked, and if you make your reservations during a performance it is a lot of fun for the kids.
    Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

Thanks everyone! Without this advice I would have NEVER considered a German restaurant for the kids

• Lemony Goodness

For fancier dining, I would suggest the Coral Reef restaurant, but a table near the aquarium would be ideal for the kids. The Garden Grill has characters walking around AND is slowly rotating, a feature I was obsessed with when I was little. A lot of kids like watching the scenes go by.

And like the others said, Biergarten is fantastic because it is fast (It's a buffet) and there's a huge dancing area for the kids to go and tire themselves out.

• formerly very helpful

In my experience, it's easier to say what restaurants to avoid: Morrocco, China, France. That's about all I can think of.

• 1,200 Miles from da Mouse

Quote Originally Posted by NativeTexan View Post
    Thanks everyone! Without this advice I would have NEVER considered a German restaurant for the kids
    Yeah, the Germans (my family and I are originally from Deutschland) aren't really associated with being the most kid friendly, but the actuality is quite different from the perception...I mean what kid doesn't like chocolate, caramel, or fudge type candy and Polka music???

Quote Originally Posted by sbk1234 View Post
    In my experience, it's easier to say what restaurants to avoid: Morrocco, China, France. That's about all I can think of.
    Yeah Morrocco and France were possibly the least two kid friendly I've seen France is very posh and the menu isn't what I would expect a younger one to appreciate enough to enjoy...and Morrocco well while the food was FANTASTIC there, there once again wasn't much in the way that a younger one could appreciate nor was there any place for the kids, the entertainment is Morroccon bands and belly dancing two things not too associated with Kids at least IMO...
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
    -George S. Patton