Non-Disney Orlando restaurant recommendations? Plus, thoughts on Kouzzina?

Hi!

I'm meeting up with my parents in Orlando. We'll be doing La Nouba one night and one day at Epcot, but will also have a couple days of no plans. Neither of my parents are theme park fans--and my mother has very limited mobility--thus the limited Disney plans--but I need to fill the other days. I would like to take them to some nice restaurants. I'm familiar with the WDW restaurants (thanks to podcasts and the Disney Food Blog)--but we'll have a car and are staying off-property, so we can really look beyond the resort. Any recommendations on enjoyable restaurants? It doesn't need to be anything fancy, but definitely want to find places more unique than chain restaurants like Outback Steakhouse. We will eat a few meals on-site, but my parents would actually prefer NOT to be on property all the time (the crowds get to them and they are not huge Disney fans).

As for on-site--I'm weighing Raglan Road (for when we go to La Nouba) and possibly Kouzzina another night. My question on Kouzzina--is it just Greek food, or is there something special about it? We enjoy Greek--but have many options so don't really need to go out of our way for it.

Thanks in advance,

Brer Dan

• Lonestar Louisianian

Re: Non-Disney Orlando restaurant recommendations? Plus, thoughts on Kouzzina?

Offsite I've only done chain places so I'm not much help there, but your two onsite choices are good. Yes, for the most part, Kouzzina is Greek food, but very good Greek food. Also consider the location as the boardwalk provides a nice way to spend time either before or after your meal.

• I was deleted.

I think you would be happy with Kouzzina if you're looking into it....just go for it!

Off property, Flemmings in Dr Phillips area is really nice too. In fact, there's a lot of restaurants in that area of Dr Phillips. I would suggest you do a simple search if you're looking for a different type of place.

Thanks for the thoughts so far! I'll definitely do a search, but thought I'd sample the great minds of MiceChatters. Fleming's looks nice, thanks!