• I Heart ShellieMay!

Is Be Our Guest Worth the Wait?!

My family will be in Orlando towards the end of October and my husband has woken up at 3am (we live in CA) for the last 2 days to make reservations at Be Our Guest and they are full up within 30 seconds! So unless there are some cancellations, we'll be going for lunch and waiting in line. We were there in March and the line looked to be pretty daunting...is the line worth it and does it move pretty quick?

Re: Is Be Our Guest Worth the Wait?!

I don't have an answer for you ,but I asked a question about 'Be Our Guest' in the thread just under yours (at least it was at the time I typed this!)

I'm going in September, only decided for sure a couple days ago so we are in the 180 day mark and all the reservations are full. I called WDW Dining to see if there was a waiting list and she said just to keep trying every day for reservations as they can open up. An answer to my thread confirmed that this is possible.

Whether it's worth it or not...I can't tell you, but I'm going to keep trying for those reservations. If we don't get them, like you, we'll be waiting in line for lunch. Fortunately we are going at one of the slower times of the year so maybe the line won't be quite as long.

Jen
    It's easier to get forgiveness than permission.

• I Heart ShellieMay!

Thanks for your response, Jennith. We'll keep trying and maybe something will open up. You are right though, hopefully the line won't be quite so long as when we were there last month, it was Spring Break time. I was really sick when we were there too so the thought of waiting in what looked like a huge line wasn't that appealing! I'll probably be more willing to do it in October.

I was lucky to get reservations for my January trip. The food and ambience was worth it. I am going back the beginning of October for the Tower of Terror 10 miler and I was lucky enough to get dinner reservations again. Ever since the restaurant opened it has gotten more and more popular according to Disney Dining reservations. I personally like it better than the Carthay Circle restaurant at DCA.

I had a trip in April and started calling in January for dinner reservations for two on a Tuesday night. Not luck for the three months inbetween. On the day of going to MK, went to BOG right around 2:30 and line was way down. We would have been some of the last people let in for lunch. Walked across the bridge and into the building, hearing and seeing what seemed more like a high school cafeteria than a "dining experience." I didn't want my first time at BOG to be like that, so I came back during dinner service and asked to put my name in for a reservation. They called us less than 5 minutes later.

Dinner was awesome and would be worth waiting for. While I didn't actually sit down at eat at lunch, I think it's a circus and not worth waiting in that line for.