• Master Gracey's Music Man

Be Our Guest Inquiry

Greetings everyone!

Coming up next month is going to be my first return trip to WDW since 1991 and my girlfriend's first trip ever to WDW!
    I've been reading the different posts regarding BOG and it lead me to ask everyone here, is it better to just attempt the lunch hours or call everyday in hopes of a possible dinner reservation? I've seen some of the horror stories posted here about an insanely large line as well as the obstacles of reservation booking. So I figured it was best to ask of my fellow micechatters the best recourse for this.

HMDJ
    Des douze coups de minuit aux matines sonnantes,
    Nous valserons ensemble, macabre débutante.

Re: Be Our Guest Inquiry

If you have your heart set on dinner I say try for it - we did lunches and a dinner in January and enjoyed ourselves immensely each time. I felt a little that dinner was a more complete version of the experience, but the price difference is pretty steep.

If you can't get dinner reservations, don't despair! Be Our Guest opens at 10:30 for lunch, so if you're up for eating earlier you can do what we did and get in line at 10:15 - both times we were first in line, though the line built quickly behind us. It seemed to move quickly, and the accounts of other guests suggested that was true. The prices are great for lunch at Magic Kingdom, IMHO, and exploring the restaurant is an experience in itself. Different times of year may change exact waiting times, but there seem to be ways of getting in, and I find the restaurant to be worth the effort.

Hope this helps! Enjoy your trip!
    www.BrandonHardy-Art.com

https://www.facebook.com/Brandon.Hardy.Art

"The show's called Pirates of the Caribbean, not Boy Scouts of the Caribbean. They're my babies, you know? I hate to see them fool around with 'em."
    -X. Atencio

"Whether I like it or not doesn't matter. Each new generation has the right to come in and do what they feel is right for the show -- and that's what they did."
    ~Alice Davis

Quote Originally Posted by yensidtlaw1969 View Post
    If you have your heart set on dinner I say try for it - we did lunches and a dinner in January and enjoyed ourselves immensely each time. I felt a little that dinner was a more complete version of the experience, but the price difference is pretty steep.

If you can't get dinner reservations, don't despair! Be Our Guest opens at 10:30 for lunch, so if you're up for eating earlier you can do what we did and get in line at 10:15 - both times we were first in line, though the line built quickly behind us. It seemed to move quickly, and the accounts of other guests suggested that was true. The prices are great for lunch at Magic Kingdom, IMHO, and exploring the restaurant is an experience in itself. Different times of year may change exact waiting times, but there seem to be ways of getting in, and I find the restaurant to be worth the effort.

Hope this helps! Enjoy your trip!
    Thank you very much for the info!
    We will likely try to attempt dinner walk in each day but will also likely do lunch as well. Thank you again for the information, this will help out a lot during our trip!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries

Yeah, I would say do both, since the menus are different. WE are really lucky to have a dinner reservation (don't ask me how MIL managed that!), but we are still planning on eating there at lunch on a different day/
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

I would like to thank you guys for your insight and advice with this matter to which I have good news! After a good amount of times waking up and calling each morning at 4am pacific time I lucked out a couple of days ago and managed to land a reservation for Be Our Guest for dinner! I am so relieved and happy I was able to get this and I thank all of you for the helpful advice and perspective you have given with regard to all of this. Thank you again!