Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

•   
    • Senior Minion

Re: Cinderella's Royal Table - Summer's Review

Thanks for the detailed review. I had never heard of Cinderella's Royal Table, but then again I haven't been to WDW in about 15 years. We're thinking about going in December and my son does love the princess (I don't think he would have traded in his wand for the sword) so I think that he would enjoy dining there.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I have eaten in the castle twice. The first time was in 2003. It was a lunch and we were told no characters. We were fine with that. We ordered off the menu, the food was delicious. It was fun being in the castle. My grandson was 10 years old. When our meal was finished Sean had to use the little boy's room. I told him to go, and mom went to the ladies room. The next thing, I know he is running back for his autograph book. It seems Cinderella was downstairs, and she was signing autogrpahs. I paid the check, and I was right behind him. When I got to the bottom of the stairs, Sean was dancing with Cinderella. It was a magic moment. We tried to get a picture, but we didn't. Cinderella was sweet, and it will always be one of my favorite Disney memories.

I didn't get a picture of the dance, but I did get a photo of Sean and the Princess.

Last edited by Barbaraann; 05-20-2008 at 08:02 AM.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Very nice pictures Summer! I personally like breakfast better in the Castle!
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• Why can't you tune a fish

Quote Originally Posted by Stitchy View Post
    hmmm, did you go for dinner? The princesses aren't there at dinner. We were told they are only there at Breakfast and Lunch. At dinner, you meet Cindy, but, the princesses don't come to your table. We did lunch and met...Snow White, Cindy, Wendy, Sleeping Beauty, the Fairy Godmother. We had an amazing time. That's definately one of the best character meals we've done. We even got to sit right next to a window! We looked out over Fantasyland. It was great!

As always...great report. Perfect pictures and ya know I love your humor! I'm sure if we ever go back my daughter will also ask for a sword. And then, proceed to whack her father throughout dinner.

We did breakfast a couple of years ago (want to say 2006) and princesses were out and about. If I remember correctly, they did sign autographs as well. However for the normal WDW breakfast eggs/potato/sausage/bacon fare, I thought it was overpriced. I did make the comment "at this price Cinderella better come and sit on my lap and spoon feed me" - now THATS character interaction.

-dave
    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

However, it is very hard to get an ADR for breakfast.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Stitchy View Post
    hmmm, did you go for dinner? The princesses aren't there at dinner. We were told they are only there at Breakfast and Lunch. At dinner, you meet Cindy, but, the princesses don't come to your table. We did lunch and met...Snow White, Cindy, Wendy, Sleeping Beauty, the Fairy Godmother. We had an amazing time. That's definately one of the best character meals we've done. We even got to sit right next to a window! We looked out over Fantasyland. It was great!

As always...great report. Perfect pictures and ya know I love your humor! I'm sure if we ever go back my daughter will also ask for a sword. And then, proceed to whack her father throughout dinner.
    yes in fact it still states Cinderella's Royal Table Dinner
    is a fixed-price, set meal, hosted by the Fairy Godmother,
    who will lead the observance of special occasions like birthdays and anniversaries.

• Looking for Hidden Mickey

Nice report, never heard of that restaurant. But the place look nicely design. But the cost for what you got is questionable.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by mikeland View Post
    Thanks for the review and the pictures, Summer! I get the impression that this character meal is a rip-off at $60.00 per person. They can get away with it because it's inside the castle.
    Its definitely not worth $60. I'd do it for $30 - $40 though. You definitely need more characters than two mice and the FGM. And the decor -- don't get me wrong, it must be a thrill eating inside the castle -- but I can't help from being reminded of a Medieval Times/Round Table Pizza hybrid.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

Great pictures and reporting Summer. When and if I get to Disneyworld you and I can skip that and spend our hard earned money on something else extravagant!

I hate to be negative, but I really disliked the review. I'm sorry, but I just have no patience for someone who didn't receive what they expected, even though they could have read any number of websites (such as this one) to learn what to expect.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

^But that's just it, I really didn't expect anything. I hadn't been in 10 years, my family asked me to come along, I went into it thinking it was one way and it ended up going another. Based on my experience I didn't believe I got my money's worth, had I been the one to organize the event in the first place, I imagine I would have done the research. But since I was a guest, my opinion is based on what I experienced as it was happening. I guess you could say I went in like a typical WDW tourist. LOL

I do respect your opinion however and I can only hope you find the patience to get through this post as well.

wow those were great pictures!!

thanks for sharing!

• formerly PretzelSouls!

Beautiful pictures! The sorbet looks heavenly!
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by CleveRocks View Post
    I hate to be negative, but I really disliked the review. I'm sorry, but I just have no patience for someone who didn't receive what they expected, even though they could have read any number of websites (such as this one) to learn what to expect.

Guh? What kind of reply is that? Freakin a, man. It's Disney World. Sometimes it's good to try things without having everything spoiled first.

Summer, thanks for the review. I personally enjoyed it since I probably won't ever go to it. Even though the food sounds great, it just doesn't seem worth it for the price and the lack of characters and entertainment. $60 is how much I paid at Club 33 eight years ago funny enough.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

•     
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Orbital Pluto

Thanks, Summer. I had no idea the inside of the castle would be so beautiful!

I would love to experience this restaurant one of these days.

Lu
    "Not Carnegie, Vanderbilt, and Astor together could have
    raised money enough to buy a quarter share in my little dog."

— Ernest Thompson Seton

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast