Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Re: Cinderella's Royal Table - Summer's Review

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMaxx View Post
    Thanks, Summer. I had no idea the inside of the castle would be so beautiful!

I would love to experience this restaurant one of these days.

Lu

And I would love to show you! We should have a MC Eat at Cindy's castle one of these days.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by CleveRocks View Post
    I hate to be negative, but I really disliked the review. I'm sorry, but I just have no patience for someone who didn't receive what they expected, even though they could have read any number of websites (such as this one) to learn what to expect.
    I value Summers opinion. and I think it was a wonderful report on a place that is way over priced .
    getting a first hand look at a meal, resturant, ride or anything is valuable info.
    thanks Summer !

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I always wanted to eat there when it was King Stephan's Banquet Hall. But I'm not a princess fan (except for Ariel... and only mildly), so I stay well away from stuff like that now.

• Me and Tommy Kirk

We've only been there once, but we loved it too. I think the fact that it was included in our Disney dining plan made it an even better deal. I believe that's a great option if you're staying for a week and you live out of the state (and don't go very often). You're right, $60 is an awful lot for one meal! It's like that with Club 33. I paid about $100 on my last meal there and really, it was just WAY too much for a bad piece of steak.

Thanks for the review Summer! Excellent pictures.

Lannie

Thank you for the excellent review... we have reservations for December of this year already set... after being at WDW 30+ times it has always been something I wanted to do...even once....and after reading your report it will likely be a rare repeat....but still I am looking forward to it.

Here was my point. If you review a restaurant and don't care for the food, that makes sense to me, because you can't know in advance if you'll like the intanglibles like how they spice it or whether it was too saucy or too dry or not fresh enough or they used bottled sauces versus sauces from scratch, etc.

But isn't CRT a meal you must pay for in advance? You must call and make a reservation and pay for it. You CAN know, for example, what the character interaction will be, just by asking or reading. To be disappointed about the amount and identity of characters seems odd to me, since that info is knowable objective fact, not a matter of taste and opinion.

That's all. Nothing more, nothing less. I didn't call her ugly and tell her that her mother dresses her funny. I didn't say she wrote poorly. I simply said she could have known what to expect. Before I choose to spend my money on something, I like to know what I'm paying for and then decide if I will actually pay or not.

Quote Originally Posted by coheteboy
    Guh? What kind of reply is that? Freakin a, man. It's Disney World. Sometimes it's good to try things without having everything spoiled first.
    Thanks for the rude reply. No, really, I'm due for some rudeness coming my way. People have been treating me too well over the past few days and I needed someone to remind me that there are all types of people out there.

Yes ... it's Disney World. SO??? It's still the same money that I'm spending. If it's $60 a person, if I'm spending in excess of $240 for my family of 4, I want to know what I'm getting ... I'm not willing to trade my $240 for what's behind Curtain #2.

If it would be best that everything "not be spoiled first," then Mice Chat should just close up shop. Isn't ONE of the purposes of this forum to provide a venue for people to get some help in planning their trips?

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

I didn't call her ugly and tell her that her mother dresses her funny. I didn't say she wrote poorly. I simply said she could have known what to expect. Before I choose to spend my money on something, I like to know what I'm paying for and then decide if I will actually pay or not.

No, you didn't insult her or her mother. You just said that you have no patience for her review and disliked it because it didn't offer you something that you could have found elsewhere. I find that to be incredibly rude and unnecessary.

Thanks for the rude reply. No, really, I'm due for some rudeness coming my way. People have been treating me too well over the past few days and I needed someone to remind me that there are all types of people out there.

Yes ... it's Disney World. SO??? It's still the same money that I'm spending. If it's $60 a person, if I'm spending in excess of $240 for my family of 4, I want to know what I'm getting ... I'm not willing to trade my $240 for what's behind Curtain #2.

If it would be best that everything "not be spoiled first," then Mice Chat should just close up shop. Isn't ONE of the purposes of this forum to provide a venue for people to get some help in planning their trips?

First of all, you're welcome!

Second, I understand that if you need to spend that much money on something, you need to do your research. That's obviously the smart thing to do, and practical.

Her review was most definitely HELPFUL to me to know what the $60 gets you. I don't expect her to tell me if the beef is better than Morton's Steakhouse. But for you to sit there and post that you dislike it and have no patience for it is a waste of my time.

I apologize for being rude but when it comes to the people on this board, I'm going to defend them until the end against negative posts such as yours.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    No, you didn't insult her or her mother. You just said that you have no patience for her review and disliked it because it didn't offer you something that you could have found elsewhere. I find that to be incredibly rude and unnecessary.
    Well yes, I said I had no patience for part of what she said in her review ... that is an accurate statement of what I wrote. However, you really need to re-read what I wrote, because I never said I didn't like it because it contained information I could have found elsewhere (because sheesh ... that would be just about the dumbest negative comment in the world ... "The review was bad because I already know about that information "??? ... that's not what I was doing). I said that her only real complaint (that I recall) about the meal was the lack of characters and character interaction, and that that is information SHE could have found before spending the money and then being disappointed.

I'm all for honest differences of opinion, and I truly have no problem with good people having an honest disagreement with my own opinion, but please don't misinterpret what I wrote. You still may not like what I wrote now that it has been clarified for you, but at least when you don't like it it'll be for the right reasons!

In my opinion ... and I don't mean this in a disrespectul way ... her complaint about spending all that money and then not getting the amount and quality of character interaction she expected, it would be like someone spending money on their WDW vacation but then in a review complaining that they thought there would be more thrill rides in the theme parks and as a result they feel like they didn't get good value for their money; that, too, is knowable information, and if someone strongly wants a lot of thrill rides, then they need to make a big decision before calling WDW and spending the money to go there. COmplaining about the lack of thrill rides AFTER the vacation would seem silly, since they could have known that BEFORE they made the reservations.

I'd hate to own a seafood restaurant and suffer a negative review from someone who was disappointed not to find flatiron steak and filet au poivre on the menu.

And I respect your defense of someone whom you apparently "know" well from this board ... I occasionally do the same on the board I call home, too. I just come to MiceChat for the free drinks and the bonus miles ....
    Last edited by CleveRocks; 06-07-2008 at 05:04 AM. Reason: stoopid typoes

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    I understand that if you need to spend that much money on something, you need to do your research. That's obviously the smart thing to do, and practical.
    I'm sorry to post again before a reply, but I just re-read your post and noticed this line.

You wrote exactly the point I was trying to make. Maybe you just made the point better than I did.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123