Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Cinderella's Royal Table - Summer's Review

Anyone who lives near a Disney park inevitably knows that when family comes to town they usually end up at a Disney park, with you in tow playing tour guide. Well this time around, my cousin decided she wanted to eat at Cinderella's Royal Table, no arguments here. As it had been 10 years since I had eaten there, I was curious how the changes and the price increase affected our experience there.

We arrived in the usual fashion, a line already formed by no less than 4 people deep, each asking if there was availability and all turned away by a very diligent CM.

As they called our names we were ushered in past a velvet rope (very Las Vegas VIP style) and told to walk right into the castle foyer.

It is here they gave us a numbered paper that told the photographer how many picture packets you get with your party. We got two because we had 6 adults and 2 children.

As we round the corner they start lining us up for a photo opportunity with none other than Cinderella herself.

While waiting in line, I couldn't help but snap the beautiful interior and the gorgeous stained glass windows.

Anyone see the little mouse looking over Cinderella?

Picture time!

After they take your photo, they give the children a gift (sorry no pics), a wand for the girls and a sword for the boys with the name "Cinderella's Royal Table" etched on the side of them. Both my daughter and her cousin asked to trade their wands in for swords, I guess it runs in the family. LOL

They then have us climb a red carpeted set of spiral stairs to the restaurant above. (There is a small 2 person elevator for those that can't climb the stairs.)

Every CM refers to you as "My Lord or My Lady" as you enter into the dining room area.

Once you are seated, they give you a menu and let you know that it is a 3 course meal, appetizer, entrée and dessert and to pick one from each category.

They start you off with pretzel bread. YUM!

For my appetizer I chose the BLT Salad,

My cousin got the Corn and Crab Soup.

My entrée was a the pork chop with mushrooms and vegetable couscous.

My cousin opted for the Salmon with asparagus and grain pilaf.

Before it was a princess meal and I was waiting for characters to start making the rounds. The music swelled and out came Suzy and Perla? Ok, it's Cinderella themed. They go to every table but we quickly discover that they don't sign autograph books at all.

A few moments later the Fairy Godmother comes out and sings songs, says inspiring words and asks the usual, "Is anyone celebrating a birthday, anniversary, engagement, kidney removal etc..."

This continues on with the respective people receiving a cake and a song and it ends with the FGM singing Bibbiti Bobbiti Boo and the magic going off in the room.

It ends with her and the mice coming together and telling everyone to keep dreaming and she exits to thunderous applause.

Dessert is then served, the kids received a chocolate crown.

I opted for the pear sorbet which was oh so good. Mmmmm.

So we asked, "Will there be anymore princesses?" To which our ever so cheerful waitress replied, "No, I'm sorry, that was our entire show."

Now those that know me, know I never complain about anything, really and I enjoy the parks with a very positive attitude but for $60 a person I expected something a little more than a photo packet and a serenade by the fairy godmother.

So that disappointment aside I will say this, the food was DELECTABLE, the ambiance will never be beaten and the overall experience was a good one.

However, IMHO, I have to say either bring back the character meal or convert this experience to a full out, fine dining and leave the characters out of it.
    Last edited by SummerInFL; 05-19-2008 at 08:14 PM.

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Re: Cinderella's Royal Table - Summer's Review

Ohhh much thanks for this! And I always love seeing Gus Gus at Cinderella's Royal Table, I'm surprised you didn't get an up close photo of him!
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by Micoofy Duck View Post
    Ohhh much thanks for this! And I always love seeing Gus Gus at Cinderella's Royal Table, I'm surprised you didn't get an up close photo of him!
    I didn't notice him until after I got the pics home, otherwise I would have. He's so cute though! I thought that was such a neat touch!

• Banned User

Awsome review!! I was thinking of doing this, but opted out since its pretty expensive .

We're doing this in October and I really had no idea what to expect. So, thanks for the review. Based on your pictures and narrative alone, I'd have to agree with your suggestion. At that price point, it needs to be fine dining or immersive character dining with just above average food.

The interior of the castle looks stunning though. I'm looking forward to going.
    -Tim

Nice pics, Summer.

I am just saddened that I can no longer dine there anymore.

Since they turned the premier MK dining venue into an overpriced Princess experience they have lost many oldtime, frequent diners such as myself.

I am not happy about it at all, but it's all about the money after all.

I remember having an amazing prime rib dinner (on heavy pewter flatware) as a teen as the fireworks exploded around us. That was magical.

Ah ... the good old days ... sigh ...

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's a music celebration!

Summer, thanks for the detailed review (including pictures!) of the CRT dining experience. I don't think I'll ever have a chance to try it myself, so I was able to get a nice glimpse through your review. Thanks very much!!!

• Minion

Loved the review and the photos! I would totally have to agree though about the price and having more characters there. Even at Ariel's Grotto in DCA its about half that price and its I believe 4 or 5 princesses. But I must say the ambiance does look amazing! Thanks again! Hope to go there soon.
    Jeff Wayne

• making magic is fun!

Wonderful pictures I dont go there much as I have sons and they dont care about princesses.
    Kelly

• and too all a good fright

Great review Summer. I loved it when I was there, but it was more about being inside the castle than anything else. Though I gasped so loud when the FG came out that I frightened the small children arround me (I had no idea that any of this was going to happen). When we exited the meal Lady Tremaine and the Stepsisters just happened to be outside the restaraunt and I couldn't help thinking, why weren't they (and maybe prince charming) part of the dinner?

Glad to have gone, but definitely a one time thing.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I was at Disney World in December. We ate at 1900 Park Fare. The characters there were Cinderella, the Prince, Cinderella's stepmother, and Cinderella's 2 stepsisters. It was a fun time. The stepmother, and the stepsister steal the show with their jealousy over the prince and Cinderella. The food was good, and they pose for pictures, and sign autographs at each table.

• Disappearing/Reappearing

hmmm, did you go for dinner? The princesses aren't there at dinner. We were told they are only there at Breakfast and Lunch. At dinner, you meet Cindy, but, the princesses don't come to your table. We did lunch and met...Snow White, Cindy, Wendy, Sleeping Beauty, the Fairy Godmother. We had an amazing time. That's definately one of the best character meals we've done. We even got to sit right next to a window! We looked out over Fantasyland. It was great!

As always...great report. Perfect pictures and ya know I love your humor! I'm sure if we ever go back my daughter will also ask for a sword. And then, proceed to whack her father throughout dinner.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

^Yeah it was dinner, last I read all three meals were character meals but this meal was more for my visiting family than mine, we were just invited. :P Wasn't a big deal but I thought that they were trying too hard to make it a fine dining experience AND a character meal and they kinda fell short on both counts. That doesn't mean we didn't have a good time, who wouldn't being in the castle? Hello... LOL

• World Traveler

Thanks for the review and the pictures, Summer! I get the impression that this character meal is a rip-off at $60.00 per person. They can get away with it because it's inside the castle.

Thanks for reporting on this. I thought that the food looked great, but I have to admit that I would never go for this dining experience. At $60.00 a head, I just wouldn't do it. There would have to be either more show or no show at all.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast